Unconditional love

“Of them all, it was the true love. Of them all, it was the best. That other sumptuous love which made one drunk, which one longed for, envied, believed in, that was not life. It was what life was seeking; it was a suspension of life. But to be close to a child, for whom one spent everything, whose life was protected and nourished by one's own, to have that child beside one, at peace, was the real, the deepest, the only joy.”― James Salter, Light Years

“Of them all, it was the true love. Of them all, it was the best. That other sumptuous love which made one drunk, which one longed for, envied, believed in, that was not life. It was what life was seeking; it was a suspension of life. But to be close to a child, for whom one spent everything, whose life was protected and nourished by one’s own, to have that child beside one, at peace, was the real, the deepest, the only joy.”
― James Salter, Light Years

8 comments for “Unconditional love

1. Victoria
    January 22, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Love this and the photo is awesome!

• January 22, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Thank you 🙂 it’s actually my youngest son & lately we’ve had a few ups & downs. When those moments happen for me ones need to protect comes in waves of intensity and the ultimate desire like the quote for them to be at peace within themselves.

Parenting isn’t always easy is it?

• Victoria
        January 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM

That is awesome! Parenting is never easy. I raised 3 girls and a grand daughter. Its a stressful job but well worth every agonizing moment…lol They do however bring so much joy!

• January 22, 2014 at 5:38 PM

True, true and please bear with me as a tinker with that page, I am behind on the zerotohero and was anally stuck on how to do post formats, Day 19, but finally done it.

I am one of those people like a dog with a bone, if it evades me I will search or pursue until I master it or it drives me nuts, much to the annoyance of my family sometimes.

Now I have posted that quote and picture, I might finally write the post in my head that belongs to it 🙂

• Victoria
            January 22, 2014 at 5:42 PM

You are too funny! I missed a day or two as it wasn’t relevant for me. I’m way ahead of the zero to hero challenge as I’ve been doing this social media gig for years.
            I’ll await your post 🙂