Leibster award – wooohoo very excited!

Gratitude first

Firstly I would like to thank Mark from holding together the jello for nominating me for the Leibster Award.  (does a little curtsey)

What is the Liebster Award?

When I first started blogging I saw these awards and thought maybe they were a joke or not ‘real’, but what makes something real?

liebster_award (1)I’ve looked in to it and yes well it’s a kind of networking concept but at the same time acknowledging other bloggers, in this instance yet to reach 200 followers for their writing ability or just the fact that the person nominating them ‘likes’ their blog 🙂 and feels it is good.  There are many theories out there as to where it originated and it does to sometimes seem to vary in form, but I am following in true tradition and keeping the criteria the same.

I can’t quite remember how I found Mark’s blog, just stumbled across his writing and connected, finding what he says striking a similar cord and or enjoying his humour.  He writes from the viewpoint of being a single dad, but you don’t have to be a single dad to connect or enjoy his writings, so please go and take a look at his blog if you have time.

So here are the questions posed to me by my nominee

What is your favorite day of the week and why?

I love Sundays I guess, finally having wound down from the week, yes I know Monday is around the corner.  I get the morning to myself for a couple of hours and it’s one of those days you don’t feel too guilty if you just decide to do nothing, which with two lively boys doesn’t happen often.

If you enjoy exercise or playing a sport, what is your favorite and why?

I used to be very fit, not specifically sports wise as in playing tennis, but I used to go to the gym regularly and ride my horse.  Unfortunately due to chronic pain hitting me 3 years ago, I’ve had to give that all up, however, I am trying gyrotronics Tuesday, am nervous about it, but hoping it will help.  However, if I could do anything, it would be to get back on a horse again.  There is nothing better than early Sunday morning, the air cool, almost nippy, perhaps a slight mist to give Windsor Park a little more atmosphere (not that it needs it).  The horses nostrils flare, sending out streams of smoke, ears twitch, hooves are light against the ground and they are keen to go!

What is the highest score you’ve ever made in bowling?

Oh jeepers, I’ve no idea in all honesty i’ve only been once, years ago.  I think it was a work thing when I did secretarial work, I beat them all which they were most annoyed about especially the seasoned players, I of course relished in it, but never played again.  I did however get a big blister on my thumb I think it was which was a sweet or not so sweet reminder of my fleeting glory!

It’s a rainy Sunday afternoon.  What would you enjoy doing?  Why?

Ummmm, I can just list things, flickering fire, chocolates, good film, comfy big sofa with lots of blankets, glass of something alcoholic, maybe not the usual glass of wine but something a bit more extravagant.  Kids behaving, the odd giggle heard.  Or a lovely walk out in the forest with my children and dogs, I stress again, all behaving.

What’s your favorite breakfast food?

Easy, a nice cup of earl grey and warm croissant, preferably fresh with Reflets de France Confiture d’Oranges et de Clementines de Corse (yes I copied that from the jar).  I bought this for a French breakfast I was doing for some friends and it’s firmly my favorite marmalade ever.  Now I am panicking however, as I’ve realised it’s nearly empty!!!

What is your favorite junk food?

I don’t really eat junk food.  The only one every so often, ie blue moon time, is probably MacDonalds, but even then its a fillet o’fish as somehow that seems to feel healthier even though it’s probably not.

Why did you decide to start blogging and what do you hope people take away from reading your blog?

I started writing, because I have always been a bit of a storyteller and love amusing people or give them something pleasurable emotionally in some way.  However, I have indulged in the zerotohero challenges and been a little side tracked away from what I thought I would initially write about.  I’ve actually 3 blogs going, this one, which is sort of ‘every day side of me I like my friends to see’, one called https://livingineastsheen.co.uk which is about where I live, I am passioinate about this area and also am hoping it might be away for me to get some work.  Thirdly not least, I have a blog which I separate from everything, my chronic pain, called http://itisalonelyplace.wordpress.com  I guess I am a little quieter about this one, I started this one as a way to get things off my chest, relate to other people in the same situation as it does get lonely sometimes having no one else to share with at times.  So I guess there is a myriad of different things I hope that people get from all 3 of my blogs.

If you were going on vacation, where would you go and why?

Easy one.  I would go to Barbados, to see my relatives.  I have not been able to go for 3 years and me and the children miss the place and people dreadfully, plus heck it’s an amazing place to go.

If you have one, what’s your favorite sport to watch on TV?

I am not really a sport watcher, I guess I have watched horse jumping and cross country before however, or those weird Japanese programmes where they seem to put people under the most extreme physical situations and video how they get on with it, is that considered sport or just wrong?  grins

What’s the worse movie you’ve ever seen?  Why did you think it was so bad?

You know i’ve thought and thought about this one.  I think I forget the worst movies and remember the good ones.  Of course what makes a bad movie for me is the ending usually, if I am bored or not rivetted by a movie I channel hop which I am sure is a bad habit, I have been known to watch 3 movies at once.

Here are my lovely nominees

1. Meghan aka FireBonnet

2. noonegetsflowersforchronicpain

3. fozzyfitness

4. anewperspectiveperhaps

5. Linking Loops

6. Three’s Cooking

Well I am rubbing my hands in delight at this bit, I have just lurved thinking up questions to ask you all:

1. If you could be a fly on the wall & spy on someone, who would it be and why?

2. What was your favorite childhood memory, or memories?

3. Who is your best friend and why, what makes them special to you?

4. What is your favorite item of clothing and why? Please post a picture of it with your answer.

5. If you were going to be in a fairytale, which one & who would you be & why?

6. Have you ever stolen anything, if yes please expand including how it makes you feel now on telling this tale 🙂

7. What is your favorite post you have written and why?

8. What do you hope to achieve in the next year?

9. If re-incarnation definately existed and you had a choice of coming back as a human or animal, which one would you chose and why?

10. What do you think of my questions?

Rules for accepting the Liebster Award

1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their Liebster Award blog post.
  2. Answer the ten questions given to you by the person who nominated you. Bonus questions are optional.
  3. Nominate five to ten of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers. Provide a link to each, and notify them their nomination.
  4. List ten new questions for your nominees to answer. You may include more than ten questions, marked as bonus questions, but remember your nominees only need answer your first ten.
  5. Include the acceptance rules in your post, so your nominees know what to do.

Once again, to my nominee, thank you muchly and to my nominees, I hope you have fun with my questions and enjoy your nomination 🙂 xx

Ps no rush on answering those questions either x

42 comments for “Leibster award – wooohoo very excited!

1. February 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Thank you so much for the nomination! It’s going to take some time to answer your questions so you’ll have to stay tuned! (they are great questions) I’m going to visit your other blogs soon… It’s so fun that you are a horse woman (even if you don’t ride at the moment). Another thing we share!

• February 5, 2014 at 3:14 PM

I am determined to get back on to a horse one day!! Tally ho x

• February 7, 2014 at 1:44 AM

I wrote my post Justine! http://firebonnet.com/2014/02/06/a-heartfelt-thank-you-letter/ and answers to all your questions 😉 …

• February 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Hello Firebonnet, thank you soooo much, I tried to reply on your page, but for some reason it kept going grey on me and wouldn’t let me type anything, maybe just a temp glitch I hope. Oh wow I just love the picture of you as a child on horseback, what an amazing childhood, and you lived in New Hampshire and I lived in Hampshire, hehe, another similarity. Wooo hooo I just love the pictures also of your wedding dress, looks very very light/fairy/vintage style and then the cowboy boots, LOL, that made me laugh, you are officially the fairy that rocks!! The ‘wild fairy’ perhaps? I think we all seemed to steal some sweeties as a child, these things tend to stick in our minds which is good I guess as shows we felt guilty in the first place and havn’t turned in to cleptomaniacs. I loved reading your answers so thank you again x

• February 7, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I’m glad you enjoyed my answers. My husband considers me the Queen of the FireBonnet Fairy Tribe. 😉 This has been lots of fun! Where in New Hampshire? We were in Franconia/Bethlehem in the White Mountains.

• February 7, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Hehe, nooo I lived in Hampshire UK, mind you Bethlehem in the White Mountains sounds far more exciting!

• February 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Oh, duh…. that’s what happens when I get on my computer before my coffee! giggle

• February 7, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Lol I know that feeling and I’m like that after coffee!!!

• February 9, 2014 at 5:48 PM

hello firebonnet, not sure if you will get this message, but I can’t seem to comment on your blog at all, it has this comment luv thing come up and a greyish sort of layer appears over the whole screen and everything seems to eventually jam up? Anyway I was going to say congrats and much more on your one year anniversary. I had this problem before trying to comment on your blog, any ideas?

• February 9, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Occasionally I forget to activate the comments which might have been the problem in the past, but I don’t know why you’re having problems today on that one… Others have responded ok. Maybe its a glitch in the interweb somewhere. 😉 Thank you for the congrats though!

• February 10, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I don’t know what it is, I tried to leave another comment today. It comes up with that luv comment thing, I can actually write in the box, but when I press post comment a virtually see through grey layer comes over the screen and then I can’t press anything else and the comment doesn’t get posted. I can post elsewhere on other blogs and I can see other people have posted on your post so I don’t know what it is 😦 Maybe the luv thing is blocking me?

• February 10, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Do you have a facebook account? I have a comment box for facebook as well. As long as you are logged into facebook when you reply it should work. I’ll mull it over in the meantime and see if I notice something that might be happening on my end.

• February 10, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I don’t no not connected to here but it’s really odd why it won’t work I’m sure it’s something to do with the luv widget but it’s obviously blocking me or maybe my computer is blocking it not sure but I’m sure I commented before on your blog? Or maybe I havnt

• February 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Maybe if we both clear our cache on our browsers. It could be the glitch happened once and now the browser is remembering it over again. ? If that doesn’t work, I’ll turn off the comment luv and you can try again. But let’s try the cache first since I really like the comment luv… it helps people find other blogs.

• February 10, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Okies I will do that tomorrow I don’t want you to change widgets or whatever the luv is for me though if this doesn’t work as everyone else can still comment it’s only me!! 🙂 kicks my computer x

• February 10, 2014 at 8:14 PM

For all I know there are others who have the same problem, but aren’t telling me. And in THAT case I’d be happy to let go of the plugin. go ahead and email me at firebonnet@outlook.com when you are ready to try again.

• February 10, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Ok I will do Thankies and big hugs x

2. February 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM

I got so excited doing this I might have posted on the wrong pages of my nominees, LOL, and megan, I didn’t know how to post on your site, but your one of my nomineeeeessss!!!!
    I really look forward to seeing your answers and hope you all get more followers as more people need to know about your lovely blogs x

3. February 3, 2014 at 8:09 PM

OOoh you saw you are nominated, great!!! Yes i miss my horse 😦 He’s in horsey heaven, but one day I might get to gallop (sorry do a sensible trot), through Great Windsor Park again 🙂 x

4. February 3, 2014 at 8:10 PM

PS glad you like the questions, I will wait patiently to see what everyone answers (bites nails trying to be patient), no honestly take your time, there is no deadline…x

5. Victoria
    February 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM

You’re a freaking Doll, thank you!! Hugs!

6. February 3, 2014 at 11:49 PM

Thank you so much. I am looking forward to visiting all the other blogs and getting to know you better too!

7. February 4, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Thanks so much for the nomination. I had a lot of fun with it. Here is my response.

8. February 10, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Congrats on this lovely award! Your blog is flourishing and it well deserves the award!

• February 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Awe thank you so much that means alot, one is always self appraising, well not always but I have my moments when I am hard on myself. You know I just love that selfie pic of yours theres just something mezmerising about it, when I looked at it quickly I didnt see quite clearly what it was you were actually doing and from quick glance I thought you were smoking one of those retro cigars in a holder lol!

• February 10, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I’m always self-appraising too, don’t worry about that! You’re really doing a great job here. Happy that you liked my selfie! It would have been delightful too if I were smoking a cigar! I quit smoking, though, something like a year and half ago, so no more…

• February 10, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Oops I won’t mention smoking again then 🙂 I think half the time with those charleston style cigarette holders I don’t think they were smoking anyway 🙂 just for show!

• February 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM

No problem! I still have smoking dreams but I’m fine and not really tempted 🙂

• February 10, 2014 at 8:06 PM

I remember those sweetie cigarettes when I was young they were yummy. We wouldn’t be allowed those these days

• February 10, 2014 at 8:09 PM

These days sometimes suck. Pardon the expression. When I was a kid there was less fuss about drinking and smoking and whatnot and I believe we weren’t even so much tempted to try it because it was not really forbidden fruit. *gets off soapbox*

• February 10, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Lol I think your right though I do thinking smoking/drinking whilst pregnant and smoking around kids in confined areas bad!

• February 10, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Oh no, that was not what I thought. No substance abuse while pregnant of course. None of my family members smokes indoors either. We were always freezing outdoors.

• February 10, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Oh I know you didn’t mean that it was just something that jumped in to my mind amongst the other 100 things there already lol x

• February 10, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I have a similar symptom, I often start talking out of the blue about something that crossed my mind by free association and no one gets it…

• February 10, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Well as long as the person saying it gets it that’s good otherwise that would be worrying

• February 10, 2014 at 8:30 PM

I may or may not always get myself. I refuse to go in details…

• February 10, 2014 at 8:35 PM

No details needed and all was tongue in cheek x

• February 10, 2014 at 8:37 PM

😉 I’m always tongue-in-cheek, my tongue hurts from it.

• February 10, 2014 at 8:44 PM