A treat for snuffly creatures! ~ Random moments of delight #8

I always look forward to Sunday for many reasons, but one being that I can highlight a Random Moment of Delight organised by Firebonnet, this week though I decided my joy was also my four legged friends joy!

I had some fun!

pug

mummy i am so glad I had my turn first!

pug and french bulldog

Uh oh you let him in, now there’s going to be a struggle!

Yes us Owner’s have to have a little playtime with our four legged friends.  It’s trying to find things that I can manage, as I can’t go out throwing balls etc, so I found this nifty little wooden device (though Teddy has chewed some of it), which has moveable circles.  Underneath these moveable pieces are indents where you can hide treats!  Oh yes my friends lots of fun to be had as you can see.

Where can I get that?

I cannot remember exactly where I got my particular one, but you can find similar at Training Lines.

So to finish off!

As well as the pictures offered, I made a crazy little video, just because one can, right? Makes it a bit more fun, so if you have time please come see crazy Teddy in action!

french bulldog

Oh yuh it’s my turn now old boy

pug and french bulldog

I think I best give up

I must add that Teddy doesn’t seem to have quite the decorum and calm that Splodge has when trying to find these treats.  I have to shut him behind the babygate when Splodge has his turn otherwise he stampedes out like a furious bull and knocks poor old Splodge out of the way.  Hence Splodge has more sense than to attempt to get Teddys treats when it is his turn 🙂

Teddy & Splodges premiere just for you!

As always, comments appreciated and a little chit chat!

My Button

8 comments for “A treat for snuffly creatures! ~ Random moments of delight #8

1. February 23, 2014 at 6:25 PM

what a brilliant toy! wish i could get something like that for my boys but we have one dogg that gets very jealous over food. it will come to a fight if he feels threatened enough, thanfully it’s rare and they ahve both lost teeth to old age now so i don;t have to worry about them being hurt when they do kick off! they toys we have are all rubber chews, sillicone type balls etc so it’s not as if they have no stimulation.

• February 23, 2014 at 7:15 PM

yes both my four legged boys get so excited when I bring it out, it is almost a hazard for me to get it out lol, I have to shut the lively one up so I can get it on the floor without him jumping up. There are some other great toys on that web site which I need to look up, I saw a shooter that chucks out tonnes of tennis balls, that just made me laugh as I imagined teddys face watching that!

2. February 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM

This is a wonderful moment of delight! Fur families are a constant source of entertainment and love. What a great puzzle! I’ve seen those in plastic but never wood before. Now I’m inspired to get Cooper one. I doubt Jack the cat will want to play with it, but I’m guessing Cooper will guard it from him anyway! So funny to watch. 😉 Thank you for joining again this week!

• February 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

A pleasure as always to join and yes I can’t find where I got wooden. I have to hide it up high somewhere when it’s not being used or teddy would chew it to bits lol

3. February 24, 2014 at 9:49 AM

This is cuteness overload! Lovely, really! It’s good that your pets play with this toy; I tried getting something similar for my cats but they just ignored it. I can’t see where the saying “curiosity killed the cat” comes from…

• February 24, 2014 at 3:14 PM

LOl, true, I don’t know where it came from but having said that, my cats would not be interested in any toy at all, I have no idea what they do for fun in fact apart from eat!!

4. March 8, 2014 at 7:14 PM

that’s really a French bulldog?