A walk to our Park ~ Random Moments of Delight #9

I always like to indulge in my Random Moments of Delight challenge, this week being grand old Number 9!

Usually I post things about where I live on my LivinginEastSheen.co.uk blog, which talks/shows/all things related to my postal code, a long winded process I can tell you but enjoyable, it’s work in progress.

I am sure though that they  have had enough pictures of my walks for now, so instead I plague you with my pictures instead.  This stroll was quite simple really, approximately two miles from our front door, off to Richmond Park then back through our local common.

On the way as you will see (there are captions over the pictures if you scroll your mouse over them) there were many, many delights on the way.

I am also very consciously aware that Firebonnet (Meghan), who hosts Moments of Delight and my dear Mara are photo genuis’s & thought as such would appreciate some of the visual treats!

These are all the visual delights before getting to the grand old gates of Richmond Park

Now you will meet the tree with a face.  This was spotted by eldest of which he professionally demonstrates.  Meghan you might like this woody adventure, I think he has ginger hair, the face in the tree that is!

Below you will see some of our adventures once in the Park, passing by the lake, the children climbing as usual plus feathery and furry friends meet up!

My eldest son below points out a cloud with a blurry stick that he thinks looks like a hat, he is being very observant today!

This one is for Mara who has a lovely blog, with pictures a plenty!  A heart especially for her and some shadow play as I know she likes to admire shadows.  I found it a bit eeerie the shadow watching the big bald man, who can he be?  The shadow or the bald man?  Hehe….

Here we have a family friend, well nearly, this tree has amused my sons for many years, providing a wonderful playing ground.  The one of the bottom is when my eldest poses the other side for his father, I was already round the back, saw his bottom and thought “why not?”.  I thought he would be suitably mortified but he laughed when he saw it on the blog, maybe it was rather cool?  Who knows with children but hoorah he has a sense of humor.

A little bit of artistry by my eldest, he was desperate to ‘formulate’ or whatever you professional photographers call it, ie put me in to position to take this suitably interesting picture!

172

A little artistic experiment for my eldest!

© 2014 Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

My Button

19 comments for “A walk to our Park ~ Random Moments of Delight #9

1. March 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Aaaww, I love love this post so much! It’s just to my taste! Macro and shadows and pets, wow! You have a pretty family, too. I must go now before I burst into tears of delight – somehow this post moved me too much… (or else it was the two glasses of wine I’ve just had, heh). Hugs 🙂

• March 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM

lol I’m glad you like I have to ask what exactly is macro? I dedicated some to you you know 🙂

• March 2, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Macro is super close up like your yellow flower with the droplets of water on it. Love all your flower shots!

• March 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Sorry to confuse you, maybe I used a wrong word, what I meant were your close-up shots of flowers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_photography You’re so lucky to have such an early spring in your country – there are no flowers here yet 😦

• March 3, 2014 at 8:34 AM

It doesn’t take much to confuse me 😀

• March 3, 2014 at 8:35 AM

And yes it’s even sunny now woohoo just off to do the school run. I am really loving photography now I wish I had a better camera though mine is slower than a snail so I miss of events with my fast paced dogs and kids x

• March 3, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I know! I love photography too and I have a compact camera that only makes good photos in favourable light conditions and with things that don’t move. I feel with you 😉 Enjoy your spring!

• March 3, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Thankies my dear and have a good day with your students speak anon later no doubt x

2. March 2, 2014 at 9:03 PM

I love the pictures. Such beauty all the way through your walk. I love the happy face in the tree. That one made me smile 😉

• March 2, 2014 at 9:05 PM

I know I’m lucky to live here which is why I have a blog on it. I would probably never have seen that face, my son spots all these things heh it was fun! Hugs x

3. March 2, 2014 at 9:11 PM

OMG… I’m so excited that you added so many images to your post! It looks like you had a terrific walk! Many of your images are precious. And yes, I love the face in the tree with the ginger hair. 😉 Your shadow shots are darling, especially the heart. And tell your oldest he did great with the artistic experiment! (ps is that your hubby and his shadow?) I’m so glad you’re enjoying Random Moments of Delight!

4. March 2, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Lovely photos and lovely post 🙂 You’ve given me hope that Spring will indeed arrive soon to my part of the world! It was delightful going on your walk with you!

• March 2, 2014 at 10:49 PM

He he thank you I’m glad you enjoyed it I’m really enjoying photographing it’s something I never really indulged in too much or had time to indulge in but I make time now. I think spring is coming 🙂

• March 2, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I know I feel better, and am happier overall, when I make time for the things I enjoy. Keep it up, as your enthusiasm shines through in the photos!

5. March 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Mini!!!! Ahem.
    Love these photos. The tree with the face made me smile back at the tree 🙂 I love swans. My guess is that he or she was nest building. Gotta love spring!!

• March 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Yes i think you are right about the swans, my boys were a bit too fast and keen to go and see them and I know the reputation of swans from having had them where we lived when young! It was certainly a beautiful day and I can’t believe my son spotted that great face, just fab, he is proving to be so observant, more than me that is for sure. Thank you for commenting its always lovely to get some feedback 🙂

6. March 7, 2014 at 6:46 AM

that was wonderful to look through, brought back so many memories of my own walks up the park. you got a lovely sunny day and i bet the children, both four and two legged!, loved every second of it!

• March 7, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Oh we adore walking in the park, esp now that I can!!! I can do a max of 2 miles if i do nothing beforehand and its a regular walk with some stops, it hurts at the end and i usually throw myself on the ground later, but its good to have done it and I am so lucky to live with such a wonderful place on our doorstep xx