Pet Tales & finally cooking as Spring is here ~ Fiesta Friday #6

It’s Fiesta Friday #6 woo hoo and I have much to celebrate today…..

Let’s start at the beginning…

We have a badge now, an official FF badge,  how good is that?  By the way am I the only one that thinks FF sounds a little rude?  It is probably my deranged mind or something weird going on with my hormones, but here we are, not that you have not seen it before on Novices blog, but I wanna it here…here it is:

Fiesta Friday badge

Oh yah I wanna party!

So what else do I have to celebrate, well the Spring Time is clearly here, well in the UK that is, and after such dreadful flooding that is surely something to celebrate?  (pics enclosed of course)

Next we have a little miracle, I think the cat was even missing Teddy whilst he was overnight at the vets, just look at this….tadah…drumroll…

cat and pug in basket

Oh yus you see a cat & a dog in the basket together…faints

Is there anything more I hear you ask, surely this is it?  Oh no….the biggie…Teddy is back.  For those of you who are not following me, my poor little Frenchie that is short for French Bulldog, now I went through all of that I might as well not have used the shortened version.

Anyway my Frenchies bottom fell out the other day (that sounds even worse than how awful it actually is when you add on the word Frenchie).  Yes it has happened twice before but oh boy its just horrible.  He went to the vets who summarly pushed it back in, not once but twice, it popped back out and now his poor little (if your eating don’t read this bit), his erm poor little bottom hole is covered in stitches.  I think my dog has the smallest a…..hole in the world, poor guy, I mean seriously, what is he meant to do with something the size of a pinhead!!!

So he has a special collar on which makes him look like something out of Star Trek, so here he is beam me down Teddy in his full glory, well not quite, that sounded wrong too, what is the matter with me today (slaps my face)…actually he looks very sorry for himself but has perked up a bit throughout the day I promise….

So next we have the cooking bit (sighs).  You see I am not one of you food gods or goddesses who perpetually make me feel inadequate each week, I don’t know why I do Fiesta Friday it is like self torture really, I must be mad, heck I am that’s why I am doing it.

Anyway I hope I havn’t put you foodies off with my erm bottom stories, and as some may know I nooked some sausages the other day, Angie was in shock I think.  So I read a few of the entries from Fiesta Friday #5 and found one that looked pretty easy to do and tasty, ie not many ingredients, 3 to be precise I think.  That was from Jujus breakfast biscuits, you can find the proper version here.

However, my version is here with a little sparse help from my 11 yr old son….coughs! (I have a look now that looks like I am lying my head off, know that look?)

Here are some pictures for evidence: (captions if you scroll over each pic)

And now for the piece de resistence (I know spelt wrong), but you really must see this, it is of ‘actual cooking’ tadahhhh…… (it took me longer to make this than the cooking LOL so please look)

And I nearly forgot to put in the final evidence that something was in fact cooked and edible.  The biscuits were lovely and not a single one left, some in the shape of gingerbread men, some simple small circles.  We had them with two types of soup plus various toppings ie humus, tzatziki  and I tried a couple with a sweet topping,so far I prefer savoury on them 🙂

So there we are, celebrating fast and hard!

Thank you for reading as always, did you enjoy today’s experience?

Living in East Sheen

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

48 comments for “Pet Tales & finally cooking as Spring is here ~ Fiesta Friday #6

1. March 7, 2014 at 7:48 PM

I absolutely love what you did with the biscuit dough with your son. Believe it or not but I have been collecting gingerbread items for a long time; I have a huge Christmas tree filled with gingerbread ornaments; we made gingerbread houses for almost 20 years (up to 5 families and yes I made them all and the kids decorated them). I have over 20 (I need to count them again) cookie cutters, cake pans – you name it! I am the “gingerbread lady”. You honestly made my day and I will give your version a try. This is truly a great surprise – thanks a bunch 🙂

• March 7, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Hehe thank you, I had been building up to it all week, laughs! It was good actually, none were left after at all. gosh you should do some gingerbread again you must have been a whizz at it! I don’t know how you have room to store it all, I certainly don’t 🙂 Glad you liked it 😀 xx

• March 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM

You did have me going there for awhile ha!ha! Once I saw the gingerbread cookie cutter I knew what you did was a good thing. I have that same cookie cutter plus 20 more that I get out every holiday season – maybe I should not wait and use them year round 🙂 By the way I have a big basement for storage!

• March 7, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Hehe. I think my kids liked dipping the head in the soup then biting the heads off! I always think of shrek and the poor gingerbread man in that!

• March 7, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Love those movies – I have the book “Run, Run as Fast as You Can, Can’t Catch me I am the Gingerbread Man”. He gets eaten 🙂

• March 8, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Oooh i forgot to say, I totally forgot in my excitement of making the video to put in pictures of the end result or acknowledge the fact that we did actually bake it, hehe, so the pics are in the post now, so silly of me x

2. March 7, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Oh, that’s a lovely spring and dog post! I can’t comment on the cooking, as I know nothing of it and want it to remain this way – hubby is the cook in our home. I’m sorry for your Trekkie dog – never heard of this kind of issues; hope he’ll be fine! Also, please don’t tease me with your images of spring – we have still no spring here and not a flower yet. P.S.: I love your new header image! And the look of your blog in general. Your aesthetic training shows a lot here, I think.

• March 7, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Oh which header ? Do you mean with the butterfly or the featured image? 🙂 the featured image was a local tree I edited to look erm a little different he he! I didn’t realise you don’t cook it seems my cooking ability left me too what a conundrum! I hope teddy recovers his loo habits makes me nervoid

• March 7, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I meant the feature image actually, I thought it was a regular header but then I found out my mistake. You’re one crafty girl, using feature images like this! The regular header is lovely too, but it’s not new to me, so no surprise here…

• March 7, 2014 at 9:03 PM

You like the tree best?

• March 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Hm, I like the tree because it’s original and because it’s an image taken by you (if I understand it correctly?), which gives it an additional personal value, and that is what I appreciate. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with the butterfly header!! It’s probably more suitable as you need to put some text in the main header too.

• March 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I don’t need text really so I actually might change it hehe and it’s nice you like it because of my originality and yes I took it x

• March 7, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Choose for the header whatever you think represents you the best, I don’t want to influence you… 🙂

• March 7, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Of course I’m craft I learned it off you! Lol

• March 7, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Hehe, you’re too funny 😉 That’s what I love about you!

3. Lainey
    March 7, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Hiya,

just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster award 😉 Check out my blog, laineyrain.wordpress.com if you want to take part x

p.s. I’m suddenly aware this looks like spam, it’s not, lol!!

• March 8, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Thank you, woohho thats very nice of you, I had a brief look at your blog from my phone last night but never so easy on something small I will take a look over the weekend, thank you for the nomination of you, very sweet 🙂 xx

4. March 7, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Awww Teddy looks so sorry for himself!! I hope he perks up soon xx

5. March 8, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Your poor fur baby! I hope he feels better soon!

• March 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I know 😦 I thought he was doing ok yesterday but being quite sick today im teetering on calling the vets again

• March 9, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Any updates on Teddy? I’m sending him happy thoughts and wishing him well!!

• March 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM

Thank you for asking 🙂 his bottoms still in thank goodness. However it appears he’s severely allergic to anaesthetic and as such quite sick abs he’s retching a lot and this I think has swollen his throat up as his breathing isn’t clear. With his breed they struggle anyway. I will ring the vets tomorrow for advice I think. X

• March 9, 2014 at 8:24 PM

Poor buddy. I wish him a speedy recovery. Please keep me posted! It’s so hard when our pups are sick. Bailey had surgery last summer to remove a bladder stone and I was a hot mess.

• March 9, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Awe yes I will for sure and the dogs trundle on always trying never complaining x

• March 9, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Big hugs from Bailey to Teddy! 🙂

• March 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Thank you I was going to woof in response but thought that might be too much lol

6. March 8, 2014 at 4:36 AM

Girl, you are too funny! Lmao (sorry!) but this whole post just got me in tears, from laughing so hard! Hubby was wondering if I had gone bonkers! Thank you so much for the laugh! Poor Teddy, though.

• March 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Haha, that is funny I often do that, burst out laughing, the old man almost gets upset asking “what are you doing, what is funny?” I think it annoys him. You know what though i got so excited making the video I forgot to put the final result in of the cooking, pics added now, smacks my forehead. The pics aren’t quite up to your standard, notice a little splash of soup I had to cover with my wording, unfortunately I don’t use photoshop so limited what I can do , hehe. Glad to amuse, I love to know I bring a smile or a laugh in to someones life 😀 xx

7. March 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM

hey there – I read FF and I thought the same thing you were thinking – was it 1) frabjous friday, 2) fabulous friday 3) freaky friday 4) effing friday – 4 would of course be totally inaccurate as that is reserved for Mondays and the first day back after a long holiday. Anyway I can demystify your mind for you – it is your Englishness that makes you think rude thoughts, but not to speak them out loud, it must be something in the water. I had terrible problems when I started working in marketing and we kept hearing “market penetration” and I got the giggles and I am fairly certain my age put me in the theoretically adult mature category even back then….ah well. we live, learn and get repeatedly embarrassed what can I say. So you are bringing of anal prolapse and a hot dog to the party – interesting party topics, dear eclectic sod, very interesting. You always make me giggle! Happy Monday

• March 10, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Heyyyy polianthus I’ve missed you, where have you been? Oh my…… I just laughed hysterically out loud, why does everyone look so crossly at me when I laugh out loud….sighs woefully! Yes my poor little teddy, his bottom has been stitched up so tight he whistles when he farts and you can guess which end he’s whistling from…right?

Well I have a story for you, my husband has done some work for a ‘successful blogger’ unlike me, ie i am not successfull at it and plus he does no work here so double whammy, the house looks like a s….t hole…anyway I digress. The blog is called 11 inchs up, I had my hair cut today and I had a rather fabby bag given to me by this blogger as she gets so many, i told him that I got it from a blogger whose blog is called 11 inchs up. He looked at me wide eyed and said “ooooeerrrr I say, 11 inchs?” I stared at him mystified for a moment, before I realised ‘actually’ what he was genuinely insinuating. He said “oh that is a bit risque isn’t it, what on earth is she writing about?” I said 11 inch heels, she wears no less. We burst out laughing..I said you know what I thought i was rude, but i don’t even press the buzzer compared to you..I said “who on earth have you been hanging out Mr 11 inchs up”..he said “I’m gay love, say no more!” LMAO….do all gay men supposedly have 11 inch willies?

• March 10, 2014 at 7:15 PM

did the hairdresser comment on the 11 inches, or your hubby? I am guessing the hairdresser – by law of Gaussian distribution I’d have to answer your question with a no. Nuff said. I’ve edited this about 4 times, nuff said there too LOL Happy Monday

8. March 10, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I hope Frenchie is feeling better! Though the collars always make me think of the movie Up….. And gingerbread men shaped biscuits, what a brilliant idea! It would be perfect for Christmas. 🙂

• March 10, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Yes his collars off and he’s gojng for walks now and defended his geriatric pug friend against a Victorian bulldog so he’s def getting better thank you for asking 🙂

• March 11, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Teddy is quite sprightly today woo hoo!

• March 14, 2014 at 6:11 PM

You are so naughty, prunes would NOT work, OMG are you crazy!!!???? I cork might!