Liebster Award

Liebster Award

My Liebster Award No 2

My Liebster Award No 2

The Liebster Award was the very first award that I ever received here on WordPress and I remember feeling like I was famous LOL.  I think these nominations are important, not only as a networking experience but a way for us to recognize other bloggers that we particularly like or think other people will like and as such even with ‘no award’ blogs I still nominate, hah. Yes I know annoying, but though I know with them it will go no further and I respect that, it still allows me to do my bit which is to say “hey your great”.

So I would love to thank the lovely LaineyRain who nominated me, who makes the most wondrous things out of paper and makes me go cross eyed with her patience, of which I have none.

Rules for the Liebster Award

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.

2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.

3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.

4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 1000 followers.

5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.

Here are Laineys questions to me of which I will try to answer sensibly and truthfully (coughs and looks rather suspicious like I might lie :-P)

My questions to answer are:

1 – What was your favourite book as a kid?

The Magic Far Away Tree, my kids love it too and I’ve read it about five times to them and they never get bored of it.  Enid Blyton is a Legend as far as we are concerned.

2 – What would be your “signature dish”?

Ermmmm fishfingers, mash and baked beans?  Hah that is my comfort food, erm I am not really a fancy cook, I love cooking roast chicken with all the trimmings, but I do love fish fingers yes, they probably equal in my mind.

3 – Who is your celebrity crush?

It used to be Richard Gere until I heard he did things with hampsters, I was really quite scared and upset after that.  Before this was Gene Kelly.  Erm since then it has been Daniel Day Lewis, I like odd looking men, or erm the man from the Tudors, OH MY I cannot remember his name but I used to watch it in bed and nearly fall out of the bed by the end of the show was that TMI?

4 – Which country would you like to visit most and why?

To go back to Barbados, because I miss it, we have family there, health problems have prevented me going back.

5 – Do you have a favourite comedian?

Used to be Jasper Carrot when I was young, then Jack Dee, my step father used to like Jethro, he would laugh until he could barely breathe anymore but he is a bit blue. There are some other funny ones, but I pay  no attention to names unfortunately.

6 – What was the last film you saw?

Ermmm film?  Sheesh I cannot remember, I am watching some horror on netflix at the moment but don’t ask me the name.  I love avatar though, one of my fav films, I wish I could fly and I love the background philosophy behind it.

7 – If you were in a beauty pageant what would your “talent” be?

Ermm talking?  Except I get stage fright, I cannot talk in public, it is an actual phobia so my talent would be a disappearing act?

8 –  What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

Always try to find something good, positive, progressive, informative in any situation even be it bad, is that good advice?

9 – Which character from “Friends” is most like you? or What’s your favourite sit-com?

I don’t really watch sit coms any more, too old!  I liked all of them from friends, I probably have a bit of each’s personality in me maybe I have multiple personality disorder?

10 – Downton Abbey or Doctor Who?!

Downton Abbey, not that I watch either.

11 – Are you a sports fan?

Nope!

Alright I am simply rubbish at working out how many followers people have and I did just change the amount of followers as each Liebster nomination seems to vary.

Here are my 5 nominees:

1. Eye of Lynx ~ Kainzow ~ this blogger has an amazing passion for all things literate, trying to open our eyes to avenues new of the written word.
  2. Mara Easterns personal blog ~ I love mara’s blog, though we have a very special relationship, this blog would appeal to all, beautiful photos and sometimes, just sometimes she writes something which always blows me away, she really needs to write more in my humble opinion.
  3. Branchingmama ~ this blogger gives a great insight in to what it is like to be a stay at home mum and trying to work, she throws in some great posts and crafty ideas!
  4. Ivymosquito ~ Ivy writes about everything.  She is a crafter, animal lover, photographer and much more, there is so much to browse through in her categories.
  5. Chershares – chershares is a no blog award writer, however, I admire her work greatly, she creates the most amazing poems and written pieces, please go and take a look I always look forward to seeing what might pop up next to provoke me into thoughtful contemplation.

Here are my 11 questions for my nominees should they chose to accept this fandabby award!

1. Do you swear or do you use cute words when frustrated, like “oh fairycakes” when annoyed, if so please share an example.
  2. What is your favorite post you have written and why?
  3. What is your best chat up line, or share something you said to something that caused some kind of reaction be it favorable or not.
  4. If you could be in a film, what kind of film and what kind of person would you be?
  5. If you came back in another life would you be a person or an animal or something else and what would it be?
  6. What is the most redeeming quality in a person you can think of?
  7. What is your philosophy in life?
  8. Name 3 positive traits about yourself.
  9. What was the last kind thing you did, please expand and explain.
  10. Are you left or right handed? (I am left and just nosy)
  11. What if anything is your biggest regret in life?

Thank you again to my nominee and if anyone has any questions or just wants a chin wag please pop a message in my comments box I am usually  hanging around somewhere, hah that didn’t sound too great did it?

© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

10 comments for “Liebster Award

1. Lainey
    March 21, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Oh Justine, lol! we have a lot in common, your answers were awesome. Thanks so much for answering them, I too am left-handed (we’re so cool!) x

• March 21, 2014 at 11:08 AM

We are, the coool crowd, I am sure my children are left handed but coersed at school to write right handed but its a little too late now to change it…hehe…Glad you liked the post 🙂

• March 21, 2014 at 2:29 PM

I too hail from the left side of the fence 🙂

Lefties are the most creative after all, don’t you know? 😉 xx

• March 21, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Oh yus, Michael Angelo and Leonardo Da Vinci were left handed I believe 🙂

2. March 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Thank you! I’m particularly glad with the description you gave of me! 🙂

I accept awards but in a different way.Many of the bloggers I wish to nominate are too busy,so I don’t want to bother them with my awards.However I think awards are great,as they help to bond bloggers with one another.So I’m always glad when I’m awarded something and I never fail to participate! 🙂

So here are my answers:
    1.Hmm,although we don’t speak English and French here,I sometimes say ”What the fuck!” or ”Putaiiin”… (they sound less offensive in my country).

2.I love all my posts equally,but there are two posts in which I put particular effort.One is about Animal Farm and all its allegories; I covered absolutely everything in the book and the post is really very long.The other is about the motives behind Crime and Punishment.I read the book long ago but failed to understand the message.Then after more than 6 months,I started looking for its meaning in countless articles and it was mentally exhaustive to understand Hegel’s philosophy.Ultimately I succeeded in writing a post about Dostoevsky’s motives.I’m proud of that! 🙂

3.Alongside other Mauritian laureates,I was one day invited to collect a shield and Rs 5000 (YAY!) at the Municipality Council.Then some guy working there,as he was doing his speech,suddenly invited us to come in front and say some words!…you have no idea how nervous I was!! Then I improvised and succeeded in giving an original speech.The guys applauded and loved my speech,some nodding their heads and saying that I might become a politician.I was relieved and surprised at myself.Ouf!

4.Fight Club! I’d be the narrator. (he has no name). I also recently watched Perfect Mothers; it would be great to be Naomi Watts’s young lover.I think she is beautiful.

5.I would love to be a crocodile or even an octopus in my next life.The former is as patient as an angel and the latter is stunningly intelligent!An eagle wouldn’t bad either!

6.Hmm.I like people who are true to themselves and who do not follow the crowd.

7.Art is the goal of life! It awakes our aesthetic sensitivity and leads us to yearn for beauty everywhere.We become more sensitive to people’s woes and we start despising immorality.There’s also a phrase from Arsene Wenger which I’ll never forget: ”We live in a life where people tell us what we don’t have; I try to tell people what they have”

8. (1) I love sharing what I know with others. (2) I see no point in bragging and do things only for myself and not to gratify of others (3) I am passionate about anything I undertake and love going to the end of things

9.I barely go out now,so I can’t remember the last kind thing I did.I don’t consider helping my grandparents and parents with some banalities a ‘kind thing’.

10.Right handed!

11. During my final years,I studied the best I could.So I cannot wish I had better grades.Likewise I cannot wish for better SAT scores,because they were the best my potential allowed me to get.However I would regret not going to a top American university.

Thanks for nominating me! It was great to answer your questions.I hope you don’t my mind that I posted my answers here itself. 🙂

• March 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM

gratify others*

• March 21, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Thank you for replying, your answers are amazing and mind boggling. Hah, it’s amazing you got a shield, I havnt’ heard of that before but sounds very grand. Your passion enthuses through everything you do even your answers here. I have a sneaky feeling you will get amazing grades and go to exactly the University you wish 🙂

Liked by 2 people

3. March 21, 2014 at 9:58 PM

This might just be my new favourite post by you, my creative left-handed fiancée 🙂 (P.S. I’m right-handed, so we’ll complement each other 😉 )