Sunshine Award :-) & a very naughty test!

Sunshine Award

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”  ― Helen Keller

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.” ― Helen Keller

~ This happy award was given to me by Aditi & Nikhil from confusedbawarchis ~ on 14th March 2014

~ I met Aditi & Nikhil, who are yummy foodies,  through the Novice Gardener and her Fiesta Friday parties, which is great fun I might add, the more the merrier, IT HAPPENS EVERY FRIDAY, BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

I love the concept of this award, it really chuffed me this one, the idea that I might bring some sunshine in to someone’s life be it singular or multiple.  Don’t we all want to make someone smile, bring some warmth and sunshine in to their lives even in a tiny way?

So here are the rules if accepting this beautiful award:

• Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog;
  • Add the link of the award presenter’s blog who awarded you;
  • Answer the  questions the award presenter has set for you;
  • Present the  award  to the blogs that you enjoy (preferably those who haven’t already received this award);
  • Notify the awardees by leaving a comment on their blog  and link their blogs on your post; and
  • Create 10 questions for your awardees to answer.

Here are the questions that Aditi & Nikhil decided to ask us….

If you could have just about anything to eat in one day without having to feel guilty, what are the top 5 things that you would eat? I love Thai food, so I would start with that.  I am guessing as well as not feeling guilty one won’t get sick after this, because I might have a long list.  Then roast beef with perfect yorkshire puddings.  Then some salted caramel chocolate and bannoffie pie, ermmm fish fingers, mash and baked beans too?

What is your favorite post that you’ve written?  I would probably say, this one, mainly because I have a habit of trying to make fun or lighten my  mood or see humour when something drastic is going on, of course if appropriate.  It was more the feeback I got, because if I made someone laughed then I felt a little bit better about what was going on.

Chocolate or chili? Definately chocolate

If you were to go on any reality TV show, what would it be? OMG I so wouldn’t, hate them

Other than blogging what do you do in your free time? Nothing, all I do is blog….hah, no joking, really I have had some health issues, so actually being able to get out and just go for a walk is an amazing experience, sometimes blogging takes up too much of my time, heh…I am bad at moderating!

Pink or Black? Both, stripey?  LOL, not sure really, like both, black is more slimming, but pink I was always told I shouldn’t wear having auburn hair and I resented that for years, so I of course wear it now and feel like a rebel.

What was the last thing you googled? Quotes on loneliness, don’t ask me why, another long story, I am a quote fiend.

How would you like it if you had no phone and the internet for a day? I would love no phone for the day, it happened the other day when I wiped my mobile.  It was odd though I still kept reacting like I had one, ie turning over in bed to reach for it, or hand in my pocket….really odd, just goes to show I use it too much.  My only issue with  no contact primarily would be my children not being able to contact me if there was an emergency.

What is your opinion on selfies? Don’t like them, as in do you mean where people go and take pics of themselves doing odd things? I am getting on a bit old now and well I hear of youngsters drinking and being sick as a selfie, if this is what you mean, hate them.

Where are you taking your next holiday? North Devon at Easter, can’t wait 😉

“Blushing is the most peculiar and most human of all expressions.”  ― Charles Darwin, The Expression of Emotion in Man and Animals

“Blushing is the most peculiar and most human of all expressions.”
― Charles Darwin, The Expression of Emotion in Man and Animals

Now I would like to say that I was scratching my head of what questions to ask.  So I thought alright I always like to gee things up about, let’s think of some naughty questions.  By naughty I mean, snicker, giggle naughty.  So I pulled up my friend, Google and typed in 10 naughty questions, oh woohoo I got a variety of erm sites come up.  LOL…I did find this site of ‘NAUGHTY TESTS’, though my questions of course will not be in the same vein at all, some of you for purely research purposes might like to take it and see how you score, I might even be interested in seeing how you scored in my comments box..hehe…snickers…giggles!!

By the way I did the test and this is what it said…..drumroll…OMG can’t believe I am sharing this, I am a sad so and so it seems (sobs and cries):

You got 26 points from 50 questions. You are 48 % pure!

You need to get it on with anybody you can!

Here are my 10 questions to my nominees…which I have searched deep within my soul to find! 🙂

1. If you go to a coffee shop, what do you typically buy?
  2. When was the last time you smiled at a complete stranger, please elaborate?
  3. If you knew today was your last day on Earth, how would you spend it and why?
  4. If you had a chance to go back in time for 24hrs where would you go and what would you do?
  5. You have the choice to live with a gorilla who knows sign language or a dog who sings lullabies, which do you choose?
  6. Why does glue not stick to the bottle?
  7. Why does light make our skin darker but our hair ligther?
  8. If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, what would they be and why?
  9. If you could have sex with any superhero, who would you choose and why?
  10. What secret could you tell me?

Here are my lovely jubbly nominees…..

• Polianthus ~ Polianthus always always brightens my day and makes me smile, has a wicked sense of humour and ‘seems’ to appreciate mine, she is also a foodie which I suppose I equal this only in the fact I like eating.  We both share an Oscar for our Boeuf Bourguionon this week for the Fiesta Friday so lets bring the red carpet on and clapping for Polianthus and give her blog a visit. 🙂
  • Feasting with Friends ~ now this lovely lady cooks the most delicious meals, how can that not bring a bit of sunshine in to someone’s life, it certainly does mine when I see pictures of sizzling shrimps.  Plus she is really sweet and always has time to chat.
  • Crone-ing ~ This lovely blogger brings a smile to my face with her wisdom of life and open mind to the excitement that future holds, plus she has a very dry sense of humour which always amuses me.
  • Mummy to Henry ~ This blogger I have met more recently, she writes about motherhood, her passion is so lovely in every tiny detail of her son, his progressions and character, though I am passed the age her son is now, I still actually love reading about someone who is so utterly swept away with joy of being a parent.

I want to give a big hoorah and cuddle again to Aditi & Nikhil for nominating me, this award is lovely!

Want to chat, just pop some words in to my comments box, and or please visit my nominees!

© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Lets keep in touch!

Lets keep in touch!

68 comments for “Sunshine Award :-) & a very naughty test!

1. Lainey
    March 22, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Congrats and fab post! x

• March 22, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Hehe thank you! Did you do the test? Hehe

• Lainey
        March 22, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Not yet (daren’t!) – we’re being proper sad and watching The Voice at the moment!!! lol

• March 22, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Lol in recording it hehe and got a DVD on riddick

• Lainey
            March 22, 2014 at 8:33 PM

LOL!! Won’t give you any spoilers then…..love Riddick, you have great taste lady 😉 x

2. March 22, 2014 at 7:17 PM

You are a great big ray of warm sunshine 😉

3. March 22, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Congratulations! You’re such a natural at bringing sunshine to every where you go. This award finds its perfect nominee! 🙂

• March 22, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Awe thank you that’s such a sweet thing to say really is 🙂 beams with delight x

4. March 22, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I got: “You got 40 points from 50 questions. You are 20 % pure!You are a naughty, filthy, piggy ba***rd!”

Opps!! All I can saw in my defence is that I was a lot wilder in my younger years…I’m well behaved now though!!
    (I can’t believe it called me such a rude word either!! lol ) 😉 xx

• March 22, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Lmao that is soooooooo funny oh Lordy great stuff thank you for doing 🙂 thumbs up you naughty wild thang!!!

5. March 22, 2014 at 8:02 PM

First, congrats on your award, it’s one you totally deserve!! You’re getting really famous!

Second, I’m not sure if I’m not mother Theresa or something, I took the quiz and got this: You got 12 points from 50 questions. You are 76 % pure!

😦

• March 22, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Lolol your an angel I knew it awe I wanna huggle you lol xx

• March 22, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Aww… 😀 Now I must go to check and polish the angelic halo above my head…

6. March 22, 2014 at 8:40 PM

I don’t know if,being a guy,I should comment about this,but I took a look at the naughty test.
    And…come on,is that a naughty test? It’s a really really really naughty test! If you got like more than 5 out of 50 points,you sure are (very) naughty!
    Btw,I don’t even know what a dirty sanchez and a golden shower are! I must google them… :O

• March 22, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Haha 🙂 I didn’t know half the terms in the text, maybe that’s why I scored so low, so to say. When I didn’t know what the phrase means, I just ticked “no” for my answer. But it was a funny test!!

• March 22, 2014 at 8:45 PM

*in the TEST, not TEXT

• March 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Hah I didn’t know some meanings either I said yes once just for the heck of it but still scored low lol

• March 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM

You had me take a second look at the test,lest I was being hard with the 5/50 score being very naughty.
        And my opinion is still the same.I think one cannot go beyond a certain score unless one is freaky in bed.

But it’s ‘freaky’ only from my p.o.v and I know that it’s certainly normal for most people.It’s not that I consider those things taboo or something,as I often see them being mimicked or alluded to in movies and TV shows.What boggles me though is the thought of one day doing those things with the person I love.I definitely have much to learn and much to think about ….. until the big day eventually comes.

p.s: Absolutely no flush of testosterone occurred while I was writing this.But I cannot help voicing my opinion on this matter that very much intrigues me by the importance of its role on my future life. (Okay,this sentence should’ve been less formal.) 🙂

• March 22, 2014 at 9:20 PM

So you’re calling me naughty when I scored more than 5? That’s funny 😀 Anyway, it’s surely good to give the test a thought. And don’t you worry, as a young person you’ll have plenty of time to catch up with whatever you choose 😉

• March 22, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Lol I have to try and not say what immediately came to mind as a response to that you might end up scared! Haha cackles

• March 22, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I might end up scared? Or scarred? You made me curious! Very curious…

• March 22, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Curiosity killed the cat! Ps I took a picture of my CAT for you this evening x

• March 22, 2014 at 9:59 PM

AAWWWW!!! Where, where?? Don’t tell me the scary thing if you won’t but please show me the cat!! Now a cat smilie would come in handy, but apparently, WordPress can only make a bear smilie 🐻

• March 23, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Lol you really lost me there ! A bear smile? A cat smile? My cat doesn’t smile lol! Maybe you will have a surprise later hehe!

• March 22, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Lolol you made me chuckle. Well you have quite a lot of excitement ahead then green pastures and all that you never know 🙂

• March 22, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Ermm golden shower is a pee pee on someone…coughs! But no idea on the other lol not sure I want to know and I think the test relates to either sex for sure both sexes can be naughty? Hehe what score did you get prey tell?

• March 22, 2014 at 9:25 PM

I got 7!
        I have never been at work and never slept with anybody – people here generally get ‘serious’ with their gfs during their early twenties,when parents have less control on them.
        So I had to surmise one thing or two.

• March 22, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Nothing wrong woth surmising 🙂 gives a little mystery x

• March 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Seven!! You see, so you’re rather naughty already 😉 Just joking…

• March 22, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Haha! 🙂
            Sorry if I made you feel awkward!

• March 22, 2014 at 9:43 PM

You didn’t make me feel awkward but naughty for a while. Just for a while, though, because it’s generally agreed on that I’m really an angel, haha. I’m off to polish my wings.

• March 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Maybe fluff and ruffle them a little? Hehe

• March 22, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Insert a smiley of me ruffling and fluffing my wings 😉

• March 22, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Haha life’s too short to be awkward you know oh my I’ve learned a lot about life the last 2-3 years and not in THAT way hehe but having something that limits ones enjoyment of life for a period of time even to step foot outside the door and smell fresh air you learn not to batt an eyelid to too much and appreciate the lovely things around one 🙂 I always get deep at this hour! Sheesh

Liked by 2 people

• March 22, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Lol awe so cute I don’t think I scored the highest so far and really most I didn’t understand hah

7. March 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Wow wow wow! Thank you sooo much for the nomination. I’m so excited and will get to work on my post and questions tomorrow. Congrats on the award too!
    I took the test, not very naughty it seems LOL!
    You got 18 points from 50 questions. You are 64 pure. Your a naughty little devil.

• March 23, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Hah it’s a pleasure to give you the nomination and no rush either to complete. Glad you did the test lol it said you were naughty at 18 and said I needed to get out there at a higher score I think this test has a dry sense of humour lol x

8. March 22, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Hello mother friend and scribbler – THANKs for the nomination, I accept. wholeheartedly. Thanks for the lovely compliments, it’s great to read nice things about oneself. Specially after a tough work week, which didn’t involve a trip to Harrods….Sorry couldn’t resist. And oh yes, I accept,wholeheartedly. But wait did I say that already? :). Just watched a movie with Vince Vaughn – Delivery man – you might like the subject matter – and it’s much more serious and moving than one might think. Oh and have I told you the joke of the consultant who evaluates the animals on a farm yet? You’d like it! Anyway, random thoughts at 12pm on Saturday night. Have a good weekend, I will get into query answering mode soon and see what I come up with for you 🙂 nighty night

• March 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Hehe glad you like and it made you smile 🙂 I quite like mr Vaughan. I watched riddick last night , got my blood pressure rising in a good way it’s that “voice”. Oh did you do the naughty test too? Seeing you have a medical background maybe you can explain some of the terminology to me Lolol winks

• March 23, 2014 at 12:11 PM

hey there – I thought your questions were the naughty test – but on rereading I found that nope that wasn’t it. all becomes clear – I discovered it, but it’s too naughty for me, and too long – amazing what people share online!

• March 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Lmao go onnnnn do it do it do it!!! Is that working?

9. March 22, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Congratulations! It was really interesting to read your responses!:3

10. March 22, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Thanks you Justine! Big hugs to you for the sunshine award:) I enjoy your blog immensely, as you always bring a big smile to my face…it must be those rays of sunshine you carry wherever you go! Being you’re already aware of the “naughty” way I’ll be handling my acceptance, you’ll get to read it tomorrow 🙂 Thank you, Merci, Danke, Grazie, Gracias!

• March 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Awe thank you for your lovely words I look forward to reading your post with glee x

11. March 23, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Congratulations!! Anyone who combines sunshine and naughty and rebel and chocolate deserves lots of readers, not to mention lots of awards 🙂 Now get out there and get your naughty on!!

• March 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Lol are you encouraging me to be naughty hrrrm? 😀

• March 23, 2014 at 3:08 PM

You betcha. I’ve been known as Ms. B’havin in some circles and can always use company stirring up … mischief.

12. March 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Have a joyfull award,Justine, it a little bit improve my vocabulary by analizing and trying to understand every single word you write.Keep shining and giving me your warm light with your award.

• March 23, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Thank you my language skills for other countries is rubbish so I admire anyone who can speak more than two languages x

13. March 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM

You may sometimes have a visit in my country while have alook what indonesian language is like, I also speak javanese or even Surabayanese, my home town,it is in east java province,next to Bali island province.

14. March 23, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Hahaha! Love the post. Love your answers and love your questions even more 😉 have a super Sunday! Xx

• March 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Hehe glad you like and you have the most wonderful Sunday toooo, grins xx

15. March 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM

What cool questions and answers. Feel like I know you well enough to high 5 you.