Weekly photo challenge ~ street life ~ fast living!

“It is always the simple things that change our lives. And these things never happen when you are looking for them to happen. Life will reveal answers at the pace life wishes to do so. You feel like running, but life is on a stroll. This is how God does things.”  ― Donald Miller

― Donald Miller

Weekly Photo Challenge: Street Life

For this challenge, document the movement (or stillness) of a street: tell a story with your snapshot, capture a scene that reveals a bit about a place, or simply show us where you live — or a path you often take.

I live in London, sometimes they call this the big smoke right?  I went out this morning thinking I would take some pictures of various streets, and I did, but nothing really was going on and it seemed very ‘ordinary’ and expected, my heart was not really in it.

Then as I was about to reach the place of ‘my appointment’ my son spotted the photo displayed below and I thought “now that is street life to me.”  You see people are in such a rush, in modern day society, you see here the cement does not even have time to set before it is imprinted on with busy feet!

That is ‘my view’ on street life 🙂

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

23 comments for “Weekly photo challenge ~ street life ~ fast living!

1. March 29, 2014 at 6:46 PM

You said it wonderfully. This is food for thought and for the eyes too — I love this kind of gritty city images! 😀

2. March 29, 2014 at 7:11 PM

It’s a perfect picture and a perfect observation for this challenge! Bravo… and bravo to son.

• March 29, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Hah thank you, you know he is turning in to a natural I think. He asked the other day why he didnt have an instagram account when he found out i had one. I was quite shocked and thought wow I should set him up one. Then I said to him “do you still want one, i can set it up now” He then told me that loads of kids have an instagram account and they post stuff of themselves doing stupid things. My heart just dropped. He said he didnt want one anymore. i was pleased but i said “why dont you have one for photos?” he said “people would think I am a geek” so i said “why dont I set you one up under a pseudonyn name no one has to know you have one, it’s just yours, your album your pics” I think hes dishertened for now which is a shame. Iam always nervous though of all of this techy stuff I know its not official social media but people do chat on instagram, what would your thoughts be, my son is 11?

• March 29, 2014 at 7:42 PM

It is considered social media. And yes they do chat. In order to chat though you have to use the @(name) or people won’t know you’re talking to them. So in that way it is clumsy. I wouldn’t use it for chatting, but many have long conversations on a specific photo etc. There are a lot of animal accounts… my pets have more followers than I do. @Twocat_anda_cattledog . What does your son want out of social media? My 20 yr old only does Facebook, and mostly just family and this theatre community. He has no interest in the other social media.

• March 29, 2014 at 7:48 PM

I just thought it might be a good way to get him in to photography, have somewhere to album it instantly, somewhere maybe he might get some hopefully nice comments and just spur an interest in something?
          I dont let him use facebook or anything thats for sure

• March 29, 2014 at 9:16 PM

maybe look into flickr?

• March 29, 2014 at 9:24 PM

Better than Instagram?

• March 29, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I have no idea… I’ve never used it. Sorry! Ask Mara too, she’s into a lot of different social media and photo spots.

• March 29, 2014 at 10:11 PM

That’s true I did however set him up Instagram earlier and I found some amazing pics he took on his phone. I’ve followed him on Instagram this way I can keep an eye on him,
                  I hope lol

3. March 29, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Personally , i need to start uploading my prize shotz to flicker first, before i do anything with them on the net, tip of the day – they are automatically watermarked there for ur own personal copyright 4 ever… and ya can set up place for people to auctually purchase ur photos etc etc there.. ok take care peace out! Q

• March 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Would you recommend flickr over Instagram then if a young child wanted to store photos? He’s already had one dodgy looking follower on Instagram 😦