Random Moments of Delight #13 ~ Mother’s Day!

So it is Sunday and another moment for a Random Moment of Delight, this week #13 woohoo!

However, I think today was not so random as it was Mother’s Day 🙂

I must confess I shed a few tears this morning, just thinking about my own mother and thought uh oh this morning is having a bit of a rocky start.  For me it always takes me a while to ‘settle’ back from those moments and until then I am sometimes (yup putting hands up here), sometimes, not the greatest or nicest of people to be around.

But, hey I got there and at 6.55am, yes I remember the moment exactly.  It was when my youngest barged in to my bedroom without knocking, at that time of the morning gives anyone a shock.

However his cheery little voice  brightened me up no end as he said “Happy Mother’s Day Mummy” hand hiding something behind his back.  It didn’t take long before he presented me with his handmade card which was of an Egyptian Mummy. This consisted of string very lovingly or painstakingly woven around a figurine shape and then a poem inside, woohoo, lovely and I have put the poem beneath the picture of the card for any of you hard of sight like me!

I will note the ‘computer’ mention did have me giggling.

My mum cooks like the best cook ever

On the computer, amazing, that’s my mum

Ha, ha she’s as funny as a clown

Every day she is kind

that’s my mum

I was then presented with another card, from my eldest, shop bought but with the loveliest of words on, all of which I gleefully ticked as being right and then a ‘family card’.  My eldest presented me with a croissant half chocolate and jam and the day was seemingly  making a bright recovery chased up with a lovely bunch of flowers.

My eldest then disappeared for a while and whipped up a hand made card, I think the competitive side came out spotting that his younger brother had rivaled him on the ‘crafty’ stakes and now I have four Mother’s Day cards.  Anyone would think I had given birth to a tribe!

We threw in a quick hair cut from mummy to youngest son, his cool looking Lenny Kravitz dreadlocks now gone and smart looking boy much to please his Grandma Glo who has since seen him on facebook and given a thumbs up!

The day then proceeded as two wicked little friends joined me in the garden, care of Mother’s Day Gifts!

statues

My little munchkins!

They will no doubt keep me occupied in chatter and evil little schemes whilst I garden when and if the sunshine comes out.  I have been hankering after these creatures for a while.

Lunch time then approached!

I was taken to one of the local mummy’s at school’s restaurant, named after her son.  We hadn’t tried it before as she had moved premises and seemingly the general ambience of the place, ie it was pretty smart + 2 lively children made me somewhat nervous but oh for the blessings of tablets and no not medicated ones before I get accused of drugging my children just to go out for lunch.

So we all ate, everyone behaved reasonably well.  I had chicken melanese and a glass of rose as shown.

Then we trundled full bellied down to some tiered gardens nearby, really stunning I summarily however flopped on the grass whilst the kids whizzed about on a scooter.  I did however manage to take a photo of a simply stunning magnolia tree.

So a wonderful Mother’s Day had by me, how was yours?

Plus I wanted to say to everyone, all my readers…..

Happy Mother’s Day!

Remember we all have a mother if not our birth mother, we have Mother Nature 🙂

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

24 comments for “Random Moments of Delight #13 ~ Mother’s Day!

1. March 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Sounds like a wonderful day! I battle with chronic back pain and have a child with dyslexia as well as problems properly perceiving touch and sound. Everything is extreme for her. I know the challenges you face all too well and thought I’d offer a big hug from one Mama to another. And that magnolia tree was inspiring wasn’t she? I wish I could smell the blossoms through the photograph!

• March 30, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Awe thank you, I lovely Magnolia, there is one down the road from me that I have been coveting, hehe. It is good to meet another mum experiencing similar things, you have probably seen my it’s a lonely place blog where I talk about my pain, I kinda separate it a bit, eclectic is my happier space normally. Re the dyslexia we had behavioural optometry done which so far has proved to be really good 🙂

I hope you come by again and chat xx

2. March 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Sweet. 🙂

3. March 30, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Happy Mother’s Day Justine! It sounds as if you had a most perfect day – Cards, poem, croissant, lunch and more 🙂 We must wait until May 11th to celebrate in the US… Maybe you could circle the date on your calendar and your boys will honor you once again 😉

• March 30, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Haha that would be just greedy right? Actually I used to end up in Barbados to visit family in May and I used to get mothers day again, how nice is that? thank you for your wishes 😀

4. March 30, 2014 at 8:18 PM

It is so weird… We have a Mother’s Day in May 😀
    But happy one to you!

• March 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Yes you know us Brits like to be different hehe xx

• March 31, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Heheheh but I think it was in the US also… Well.. Who knows why it’s different? 🙂

5. March 30, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Awwww, what a wonderful day. Too funny that your oldest went and made a handmade card. Isn’t it fun that you are recording all these moments on your blog to better remember! Thanks again for linking up with RMoD. Happy Mother’s Day!

• March 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM

A pleasure and yes it’s a great way so thank you to you for this moment of delight place 🙂 your feeling better now? X

6. March 30, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Lovely! But your son lost his locks? I’m mourning them!

• March 30, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Awe there was a reason but not a nice one he had some visitors he caught at school and was so hard to use the special comb. It grows quickly
      Though 🙂

7. March 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Happy Mothers Day Justine. I had no idea we celebrated different days. I really hope you are enjoying the love you created. You deserve it ❤️

8. March 31, 2014 at 1:57 AM

Happy mother day,Justine.keep the happiness always in your home, but the love for the family should not only on mother day but also every time we have. In Indonesia we also have it but in December.Children at that time should respect to the mother by doing all mother’s duty like cleaning and tidy up the house even cooking when they are teenagers. Have a nice moment anyway !

• March 31, 2014 at 5:46 AM

Thank you for your lovely words and wow that type of Mother’s Day on December sounds pretty good! 🙂

9. March 31, 2014 at 12:49 PM

That was a lovely read! 😀

10. March 31, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Such sweet gifts and Happy Mother’s Day a tad late. Our holiday is in May; didn’t know yours was earlier. There’s nothing better than homemade cards ‘cuz LOVE is always the main ingredient!