Amorous ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter A) ~ vintage & emotions

A-Z blog challenge

Letter A = Amorous

Some of my favorite things:

• The power of the written word
  • Quotes
  • Emotions
  • Vintage
  • Art

All wrapped up in to one little visual package for this Spring Time challenge.

Vintage amorous

AMOROUS
“She stayed beside me until I slept, waveringly, brilliantly, hooded in diaphanous scarlet, and occasionally she left an imperative written in lipstick on my dusty windowpane. BE AMOROUS! she exhorted one night and, another night, BE MYSTERIOUS! Some nights later, she scribbled: WHEN YOU BEGIN TO THINK, YOU LOSE THE POINT.”
― Angela Carter, The Infernal Desire Machines of Doctor Hoffman

I would love to know what you think of this, or hear from other A-Z bloggers & or my regular readers new and seasoned!

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

A-Z challenge

A-Z challenge

29 comments for “Amorous ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter A) ~ vintage & emotions

1. kentuckygal50
    April 1, 2014 at 1:45 AM

I love vintage things too, Justine! That’s a great picture! That town (Mt Pilot-they reversed it from the card above) was featured in an old tv show here, originally called “Mayberry RFD”, then it changed to “The Andy Griffith Show”. Ron Howard, known today as a director, played the little boy “Opie” in that show. Can’t wait to see what’s coming in your A to Z!

LuAnn Braley
    AJ’s Hooligans @AtoZChallenge
    Back Porchervations

• April 1, 2014 at 5:52 AM

Hey thank you for coming by lovely to meet another vintage fan and wow your full of information. It’s great to have some “info” about the pic it gives some more emotional attachment 🙂

2. April 1, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Yippee, only 25 more:-). Great post – the word amorous hints of seduction, and I like all kinds of vintage clothes and ephemera.

• April 1, 2014 at 5:49 AM

Hah yes I liked the word amorous I guess people can show and display this in different ways depending on their personality 🙂

3. Lainey
    April 1, 2014 at 6:48 AM

ooh, great start Justine. I love this post!

4. April 1, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Intriguing and quite delightful. I am sure you will enjoy the challenge! Best of luck!

CarolynBrown-Books

• April 1, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Thank you glad you like and I hope you pop by again I must come and see what you are up to! X

5. April 1, 2014 at 12:00 PM

That’s a interesting take on the letter. Liked it 🙂

• April 1, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Glad you like, it’s one of many more to come, hehe, hope to see you again x

6. April 1, 2014 at 12:56 PM

So, are you an Andy Griffith fan? I am. Love the picture, and as for the word amorous? It’s even lovely just to say it. Good choice.
    Best,
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

• April 1, 2014 at 1:01 PM

I am just a quote fan through and through i think one can use them as mantras, or have them on the fridge LOL, anywhere wise or thought provoking words from people present and past, thank you for coming by and I hope you visit again fellow blogger x

7. April 1, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Vintage things are very romantic, and there is something far more amorous about this old illustration of a man looking romantically up at the roman in red than the modern stuff with Miley and such. Not trying to scoff at the current generation, but the need to post selfies I think has taken away from couples maybe truly connecting. It makes one yearn for a day when people sat among the trees and just talked. Anyway, I am coming by since we are both participating in the A to Z Challenge, so I thought I would say hello.

Sweetbearies Art Projects

Sweetbearies Art Photography

• April 1, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Thank you and I wholeheartedly agree with you. I hate selfies, modern day technology though we use it here on this blogosphere, still has alot to answer to and I have two young boys so we battle about it hehe. So thank you for coming by and glad you like the post, hope to see you popping by again x

8. April 1, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Good luck with the challenge, I’m curious to see what you pick for z!
    Nice to connect
    Twitter: WriterBizWoman

9. April 1, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Very nice post. Love the picture and the quote.

10. April 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Very interesting blog and I like your use of old timey photos. Just followed and subscribed, and I’m participating in the A-Z myself.

A-Z Challenge at Father Nature’s Corner

11. April 2, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Great start Justine! I love how you combined them all. That quote is so sassy, I love it. WooHoo! One letter done.

• April 2, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Hah I know, just a few more to go right? I need to take a whizz over to your blog, sorry I have been so inundated as of late, but I did see yours, was rather glorious fun LOL

12. April 2, 2014 at 2:32 AM

lovely post, lovely image, well done on the start of the A to Z.

• April 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Thank you, I love vintage and this is quite iconic for vintage I think and not one’s typical amorous picture..x

13. April 2, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Amour, amorous, love. A great way to kick of this rite of Spring.

Cheers,
    Christine London

• April 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Thank you I love amour 🙂 I popped by your wonderful blog, very busy, you are obviously a seasoned blogger, but couldn’t find any A-Z bit, perhaps you are not participating or I probably am being silly and not finding it. Thank you for swinging by though I hope you pop by again x

• April 7, 2014 at 7:03 PM

I am an A-Z blogger, but do not post the ‘badge’ evey day. Thanks for popping by 🙂

14. April 2, 2014 at 5:05 AM

I loved it totally. A great start!

• April 2, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Thankyou it seems letter B caused some procrastination which is great hehe

15. April 2, 2014 at 9:16 PM

It’s funny, the older I get the more I am attracted to red. Does that mean I am getting amorous? Could be. Once you start shedding all obligations of being front and center in everyone else’s world, you have more time for yourself, with frees you up for ? Adventure?