A rather pressing question came to my mind today and that is, do I spend too much time blogging, being on social media etc etc?
After having realized that my reader did not seem to be working, or only worked for a few blogs, I decided that in order not to miss anyone’s posts, I would edit the blogs I follow to email me each and every post that they did.
All I can say is….OMGGGG I was totally overwhelmed, what a mistake.
With following over 70 blogs, and getting emails every time someone likes one of my posts, comments on my posts and plus all other social media, plus yes ordinary non blogging stuff, it got to a point that I simply could not keep up with my emails at all.
In the end I actually did not read any e-mails for about two days as it was totally totally overwhelming. Then I thought, heck if I miss a few posts, that is life, I am sure my lovely blogging friends wont curse and de-friend me just because I have not commented on something, so I un-ticked nearly all blogs to send me e-mails and went and blanket deleted all my google e-mails. Yes a bit drastic, but I thought in for a penny in for a pound.
I might have lost some important information, but will my life end, will the world end? I hope not! So, whilst my macaroni cheese and chicken in pepper, cream cheese and red pesto simmers away …. Yes all you Fiesta Friday cooks, I can cook sometimes…anyway, please would all my lovely blogger friends please share with me your blogging habits…by this I can work out:
- a) am I semi normal in my activities
- b) should I be more organized, is there a better way to do this or
- c) change nothing.
I find reading through everyones posts, commenting, then commenting back (maybe I talk too much), entering challenges, writing posts, OMG takes up so much time, that is not to mention keeping ones blog looking nice, updating facebook, putting my pictures on Flickr, commenting there and answering, oh yes and instagram, which there are comments too. I think someone should gag me…
So here are the questions:
- How many blogs do you follow?
- Do you read all their posts, please elaborate, ie some, how do you determine which?
- How do you feel if you miss someone’s post? (maybe I am too conscious about this)
- What is your priority in blogging in your daily routine ie reading up first, commenting, or writing?
- How long do you spend reading up on blogs daily?
- How long do you spend commenting, be it return comments or instigating daily?
- Do you go and visit other outside blogs, if so how often and how the heck do you find the time? LOL
- How many posts do you write a week?
- Are you involved in external social media, ie facebook, flickr, instagram, if so how much time daily do you spend on this?
I seriously would be interested in hearing your answers, if you don’t want to answer publically, you can e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org The mere fact I am asking probably means I spend too long LOL.
© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com