INSECURE ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter I) ~ vintage & emotions

A-Z blog challenge

Letter I = Insecure

Some of my favorite things:

• The power of the written word
  • Quotes
  • Emotions
  • Vintage
  • Art

All wrapped up in to one little visual package for this Spring Time challenge.

vintage - insecure

INSECURITY
The task we must set for ourselves is not to feel secure, but to be able to tolerate insecurity.
Erich Fromm

I would love to know what you think of this, or hear from other A-Z bloggers & or my regular readers new and seasoned!

As always thank you for reading, Justine x

© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

A-Z challenge

A-Z challenge

21 comments for “INSECURE ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter I) ~ vintage & emotions

1. April 10, 2014 at 8:40 AM

That’s right. But it’s not to encouraging to me… :-/

• April 10, 2014 at 8:41 AM

*TOO encouraging

• April 10, 2014 at 10:49 AM

It’s something to think about, having these posted is making me think about all the quotes I chose…insecurity is a really hard one to beat!

• April 10, 2014 at 12:39 PM

This challenge is indeed proving a great occasion to think about and examine yourself. Which is a good thing sometimes! 😉

• April 10, 2014 at 12:41 PM

yes true. I uploaded some of my pics from my new camera yesterday woohoo, I shall endeavour to post some 🙂 was a very different experience x

• April 10, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I can image! My hubby borrowed me his semi-professional camera the other day and I couldn’t do anything with it. It’s not a thing you can borrow, it’s something you must learn.

But enough of my babbling, I’m excitedly waiting what you’ll post (and where!). But feel no pressure, OK? 😀

2. Lainey
    April 10, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Great quote, I think I’m going to be contemplating that for a while! Simple but deep 😉

• April 10, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Yes me too, I was just saying to mara that insecurity is a really hard thing to beat, this is beating and accepting at the same time…yikes x whats your insecurity?

• Lainey
        April 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM

That’s difficult to answer! At my age (46) I’m fairly comfortable in my own skin. My main insecurities are big issues – we’re only renting our house, so I worry about having to move on someone elses terms and people getting old 😦 But then I’m in the run up to menopause so some days I worry about Everything, lol… How about you?!

• April 10, 2014 at 12:19 PM

aaah yes I can understand that re renting, its the instability. I think about old age, esp since my mothers death and witnessing it, I look at homes specially designed for old people and wonder if I should try and buy one now LOL. I guess sometimes I get insecure about my craziness, or zaniness, i wonder what is going to come out of my mouth next and whether someone thinks Oh my she is odd LOLOL..crazy right? I worry what other people think about me, is that an insecurity, i guess it is…having health issues though change alot of what one thought was important, now isn’t x

• Lainey
            April 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Yep health issues do change the way we look at a lot of things. And LOL I look at bungalows, thinking I should be prepared! I also love the thought of not having to lug washing up and down stairs…! I’m a bit weird about what others think of me….most of the time I don’t care but I don’t like to “stick out” I do like to blend in! We are very funny creatures at heart 😉 Can’t imagine what you went through with your mum….hugs to you xx

3. April 10, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Seems we picked the same “I” word. I guess brilliant minds do think alike!

• April 10, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Hah yes your right I saw that 🙂 it’s an uncomfortable emotion insecurity x

4. April 14, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Its quite difficult to ‘tolerate’ insecurity but there is no other choice is there?

• April 14, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Very true and it’s hard to overcome don’t you think?

5. April 14, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Here’s another quote for you “The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.” – Steve Furtick

• April 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Thank you I think it all stems from comparison from ourselves to others your obviously a quote fiend like me hehe thank you swinging by I hope you pop by again x

6. April 15, 2014 at 7:13 PM