Weekly Photo Challenge: Monument

Weekly Photo Challenge: Monument

I was browsing through my reader and saw the Daily Post’s Post showing off their ‘new look.’  I was browsing through the categories and saw the weekly photo challenge and thought “oh yes today is the day”, so I clicked on it.  It said ‘boundries’ was the challenge today.

So off I went with my kids and camera, took a variety of shots then got these 3, hey presto, what a good job done.

However..I got home and saw one of my friends entires which said “Monument” I was confused.  I said “hey are there now 2 photo challenges, she of course said “no”.  I gave her the link, which is here.  She gently told me that the Daily Post had taken a challenge post from……2011!!!!

Oh my, so all I can say is this was a MONUMENTAL MISTAKE…..Does this count?

So my boundry pictures, just to explain as I am NOT going out for another walk…you see the gate, that is to an allotment.

Not just any old allotment, we call this the posh one, nobody gets it, there is like a 40 yr waiting list.  It is in the middle of the Common surrounded by a high hedge, we never see anyone going in.

It is almost like the ‘Secret Garden’.

Anyway the ‘usual’ allotments have wire fencing so everyone can see in, but not this one, we are boundried out from it, hehe.  So I got closer, semi through the gap, then hey presto with my lovely zoom I went right through.  I felt like a ‘peeping Tom’.

What could be in there?

What could be in there?

Oooh nice flowers

Oooh nice flowers

Uh oh perhaps too close?

Uh oh perhaps too close?

© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Thank you as always for reading, Justine x

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

18 comments for “Weekly Photo Challenge: Monument

1. April 11, 2014 at 6:33 PM

Monumental Mistake…LOL …I’d say you did a perfect job – it’s a monumental boundary!

2. Lainey
    April 11, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Awesome photos 🙂 x

3. April 11, 2014 at 7:44 PM

A monumental boundary between those who can get in and those who can’t?
    Maybe you should have waited for one of the privileged – they are all probably ancient monuments in themselves!

• April 11, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Lol perhaps but I’m impatient like that and besides it wouldn’t be as much fun as spying hehe

4. April 11, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I recently watched the older Secret Garden film and your first photo did remind me of it. I was confused by the DP’s new layout, too.

• April 11, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Yes totally threw me 😦 lol still ended up alright in the end! I havnt seen the old film it was good?

• April 11, 2014 at 9:49 PM

The acting could have been better by some of the characters, but I love watching older movies so it didn’t bother me too much. They have it on Netflix if you’re interested in seeing it. It’s from the 1970’s and apparently it’s a tv series put into a movie, but it’s enjoyable.

• April 11, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Oh thank you when I’m back from hols I will look that up. I think when you know ie old the acting or style even it not so good can be part of its charm x

5. April 11, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Beautiful photos.

janet

6. April 11, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Hilarious!!!!!! A wonderful take on monumental. 😉 And you’re having fun with your new camera I see! Awesome… I’m so glad you gave us a peek into the ‘allotment”. P.S. The Secret Garden is my all time favorite book.

• April 11, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Hehe thank you I read it a few months back to the boys I still had my
      Copy from school years! The camera is fun though I’ve kept it on automatic lol too scared to try and work it but heh I worked the zoom it flew straight through the gap I really was a peeping tom lol

7. April 12, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Wonderful boundaries. Thanks for sharing them. 🙂

8. April 12, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Hilarious! I’m happy to have taken part in your monumental mistake and its clarification 😉 Just kidding 😆