Random moments of delight #15 ~ The Hit List!

I just love the weekly Random Momentsof Delight and this week I am on holiday so have pre-scheduled this post, hopefully Meghan will be able to put it in to her linsky.

I will have left yesterday πŸ™‚ Β Off to sunny North Devon, it doesn’t even matter if it is not sunny, it is always is in my mind and holds a special place in my heart. Β So hopefully I am about to all week have lots of moments of delight.

But I wanted to share a couple of moments of delight, and they are the fact that I have accomplished two things on my ‘hit list’ from my It’s a lonely place blog.

I am even more chuffed, because I only wrote this list up a couple of weeks ago. Β As some of you might know I suffer with ‘chronic pain’ and this restricts my mobility in certain ways, so things people might take for granted, might be a big obstacle for me. Β Also through having this, one gets to appreciate so many things in life, to learn to love slowing up the pace and for me just adoring what ‘Mother nature’ provides in the beauty around us.

I live near Richmond Park, which is a huge area of outstanding beauty, full of forests and yes, deer. Β One is generally not allowed too close to them, besides which they Β move away. Β Being in a herd and the area so large, I was pretty despodant as to whether I would get the opportunity to take any pictures of them. Β The walking distance would be too far for me.

But surprise surprise, there was a herd nearer the gate, so I took my compact camera, slowly walked and got some snaps. Β Next time I aim to get the fully grown stags, though they scare the beejeezuz out of me LOL.

stag at Richmond Park

Young stag at Richmond Park

147

My second thing that I achieved was to go to the cinema. Β My kids always ask and I love going. Β I have not been able to go for what a year or more? Β I happened to find an old renovated cinema really nearby in Art Deco style and inside they have not so many seats but they are large and reclining. Wooohooo. Β Plus they have small tables you can put drinks on and one can totally stretch out your legs straight which is a blessing. Β So I managed 2 1/2 hours sitting to see Noah. Β Which I must say is great, but i wouldn’t take my children to it, I thought it suitable for them but not really in my mind, some bits quite distressing. Β I had a good old sob during it. Β I won’t tell you the ending incase you see it!

013 014

Thank you for reading as always, Justine x

Β© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Lets keep in touch!

Lets keep in touch!

31 comments for “Random moments of delight #15 ~ The Hit List!

1. April 13, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Lovely pictures. Enjoy your visit to North Devon.

2. April 13, 2014 at 2:38 PM

so nice that things came together for you to accomplish your goals. I have mixed feelings about Noah…I don’t think the writers actually read the Bible…

• April 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM

No probably not I guess I went thinking it would be more of a depiction but didn’t mind that it wasn’t as I got involved in their story instead πŸ™‚ bits were pretty raw and traumatizing thouh

3. April 13, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Keep checking off that hit list girl πŸ™‚

4. April 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Awesome theatre! I’m glad you could sit through a flick. And that is so great you could get a shot of the deer. Very nice my dear. And yes, you are now on the linky! I had no problems. Have a terrific vacation!

5. April 13, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Lovely! Really! It’s awesome that you’re never giving up and trying things, I admire this attitude of yours. But, but, why didn’t you post the, uhm, you know, deer poop that you shot?! I loved that one! Sorry for the toilet humour 😳

• April 13, 2014 at 6:16 PM

You mean what you thought were exotic berries to eat? Lmao

• April 13, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Yeah, that was exactly what I had on mind πŸ˜‰ You know me too well…

6. April 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Justine – I hope you have a lovely, relaxing pain-free holiday. How you keep your sunny disposition in the face of chronic pain is quite remarkable! I am truly sorry for your suffering. I have endured the same “illness” for three decades, and it certainly affects everything we do, think about and feel. I have a very understanding Hub, and have learned to (fiercely) control my time and commitments which keeps stress under control. Have decided the “chronic” has much to do with interaction of stress, immune system and hormones because there are such cycles in the way I feel. I do lots of reading about chronic pain – progress being made in some areas, but not soon enough. I keep you in my prayers and am grateful for your friendship. Love, Sammy

• April 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Awe thank you for such lovely words of support and though it always makes one feel less alone to meet others who understand through experience I am so sorry you suffer too and oh my three decades? Do you have a diagnosis? Your right stress etx has a huge bearing and I try to do things that don’t set me off but I feel guilty when I see annoyance or disappointment when I can’t do something and believe you me friends just fall by the wayside they get bored. But on the up side it’s made me appreciate other things I had not taken time to before and to be more empathic to others πŸ™‚

• April 14, 2014 at 5:37 AM

I read your blog earlier about your chronic pain, but didn’t feel then like I knew you well enough to ask about it. You always seem so joyful and active in so many things and I hope you don’t have too many difficult days. I never did get a specific diagnosis for my ailments, but mostly digestive, hormonal and stress related symptoms. Things have improved through the years – mostly because I’m such an introvert and don’t have to be out in the work world or at a lot of social activities anymore.
        I won’t pry into your health issues unless you want to share them with me, then I’m all ears. You can email me at sammydetroit9@gmail.com anytime you feel like venting or have any q’s. I still do a lot of research on topics related to chronic pain – especially with women’s issues because studies have shown we really do experience more frequent and more severe kinds of unexplained discomfort and pain.

Just take care of yourself, and know that you are never alone. Hugs, Sammy

• April 14, 2014 at 8:56 AM

You can always ask away no worries πŸ™‚ it took a while to decide to have a pain blog I didn’t know how it would make me feel. I didn’t want to write about it on eclectic as here it’s my happy space more my personalit unencbered by pain and I can escape a bit here. I didn’t want to load my issues on my existing readers here and thought it best to separate and chat to other readers who might also suffer. It turns out a few readers of mine on eclectic also suffer so it’s fate I guess hehe and it’s forced me to be more open here about it. However it’s still good to have separate spaces but it’s now all interlinked for people to blog hop should they wish. My life is always in time slots now which means generally I don’t get far it’s a bit like condarella cept there’s no prince or lost shoe hehe xx. Ps thank you for your email. I’m looking in to whether I have fibro I have my next apt in May and might ask then x

• April 15, 2014 at 4:31 PM

That makes sense that it might be fibro. Although I also wonder if that’s a catch-all phrase like irritable bowel syndrome when they can’t find a specific diagnosis. The good news is there are some drugs now for fibro, if it turns out that you have that.

It’s my opinion, based on bloggers I read, that the majority of us are quite introverted or suffer some malady or both. That’s why we are drawn to blogging because we get personal connections without the complexities of face-to-face. I hate making social commitments because I never know how I will feel when that day gets here – hurting, wanting to be alone. It’s just so hard to explain to extroverts. Besides I had a terrible bike crash last summer, and one of the results is damage to my jaw muscle so talking and eating are tiring activities for me. Having online friends and saving my laughter for all of you is much more enjoyable for me now.

• April 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM

You hit the nail on the head really re blogging friends though I also believe if I met some of my blogging friends who know my issues and have shown concern I would feel completely happy with you see because there are no faces it’s words and this is like a fast track to our mind our wishes, dreams, despairs etc and they see and listen to all of this and have the friendship. I am not sure I will ever find a diagnosis but it would be nice. I also wish sometimes I had people walkable distance who understand also perhaps another sufferer not that I wish this upon anyone else. Thank you for such a thoughtful comment xx

• April 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Yes, I do wish I could meet friends like you face to face. It would be fun to putter in our little art areas together, and just know that there are many days when we don’t feel up to much. It is hard to show that to most people. I’m so lucky my Hub understands.

• April 15, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Ps in sorry to hear about your jaw it is exhausting trying to do something that takes so much more effort than normal. Bikes scare me. Have you been on since?

• April 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Yes, biking is a lifelong passion for me. I’ve had my share of bone-breaking crashes, and at 63 I am more leery of not wanting to face any more. But I could not give it up completely. I’ve been out once this month for a short ride with the grandkids, and it felt good. I will wait a couple more weeks until I try one of my hourlong routes. We have lots of paved trails so I don’t ride on streets.

• April 15, 2014 at 5:26 PM

PS – tune in this afternoon – I have a surprise post just for you LOL

7. April 14, 2014 at 2:04 AM

That theatre looks even more comfortable than the one I last went to… they just opened up.. a few of them but they don’t have the foot rest …. like yours… ‘Noah’ was a complete disappointment…. and not Biblical at all and it was disturbing.. It made Noah look like a bully at the very least and at the very worst …. well I won’t say what at the very worst… but not a good movie at all in my humble opinion… Glad you’re having a time away…. Diane

• April 14, 2014 at 8:20 AM

It was a lovely roomy cinema yes lucky to have it where I live πŸ™‚ as for Noah I guess I swept away any Biblical comparisons or representations. I did enjoy it but yes at the whole baby stage i find that hard to comprehend and I found a
      Few bits quite distressing for sure x

8. April 14, 2014 at 3:25 AM

That’s wonderful Justine, and loved the pics of the animals….so cute!!