First zentangle esp for Sammy.D

Being in holiday gives one those precious small extra moments of time when one can actually sit down and do possibly something one has not done for years. (I am typing this from my phone so please excuse lack of artistic end work on my type hehe).

Anyway I was talking to Sammy.D about zentangling which is very akin to the type of art I used to love doing as a child and also Lainey whose trying an artform where you don’t take your pencil or pen off the paper! Urgh sounds stressful lol! She said it was!!!

So I tried zentangling with my 11 ur old son as I thought it might help in expressing his tics!

Here’s the result, first mine then my sons x

20140414-120624.jpg

20140414-120635.jpg

As always I thank you for reading.
Have any of you tried different art forms or even zentangling? If so I would love to see examples πŸ™‚

20140417-135104.jpg

19 comments for “First zentangle esp for Sammy.D

1. April 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM

How’s his arm Justine? What happened at the hospital? xx

• April 14, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Hey so sorry I thought I updated ‘my bad’ also my phone and net were dodgy yesterday! Turns out it was nothing not even a sprain omg I think he has a low pain threshold I’ve honestly never seen him like that! I think it’s badly bruised he needs painkillers but after over half a day in hospital he’s ok lol thank goodness. What a start to a holiday lol

• April 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM

It could be me, WordPress isn’t working too well on my end either at the moment! Last notification I got was that he was off for an xray.

Aw glad he’s on the mend!! Fingers crossed for a calm rest of the holiday now, eh? πŸ˜‰ xx

• April 14, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Hah yes please lots of calm I hope and no more accidents ps thanks for asking πŸ™‚

2. Lainey
    April 14, 2014 at 11:19 AM

ooh, lovely! I might have to investigate this a bit more now. It certainly looks prettier and more enjoyable than the line drawing! Enjoy your hols xx

• April 14, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Thank you, you know I was feeling your stress when you described it lol

• Lainey
        April 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM

lol, well I aint ever doing it again, so we can both de-stress!! xx

3. April 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Never heard of zentagle before! Looks very tempting though πŸ˜‰

• April 14, 2014 at 11:24 AM

It’s therapeutic you should try it I think you would like it if you read up on it πŸ™‚

• April 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I see, I’ve just googled it and now I’m exploring the subject… πŸ˜‰

4. April 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Oh, my dearest Justine, you just made my day!!! Seeing those lovely zentangle letters for me! It was like getting an unexpectedly lovely bouquet of flowers. Both your and son’s zentangle patterns are awesome and deserving of becoming wall art or tiles! I just learned a ZT stroking method called Mooka where you don’t lift the pen. It worked fine for zentangle, but sounds way more difficult for what Lainey is trying. Biggest hugs to you & kiddos.

• April 14, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Hehe I’m glad you liked it and I really think I will give mooka a miss haha sounds far too stressful I’m not good with too many rules! I am enjoying this though so thank you for introducing me to it I would love to see some of yours xx

5. April 14, 2014 at 5:22 PM

That looks amazing! I’ve heard of Zentangle but now Im intrigued. Off to Pinterest I go!!

6. April 14, 2014 at 11:21 PM

That looks pretty amazing! Your son did a great job! πŸ™‚

• April 15, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Thank you we both really enjoyed it he even zentangled in the sand lol