MANIPULATIVE ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter M) ~ vintage & emotions

A-Z blog challenge

Letter M =Manipulative

Some of my favorite things:

• The power of the written word
  • Quotes
  • Emotions
  • Vintage
  • Art

All wrapped up in to one little visual package for this Spring Time challenge.

vintage - manipulative

MANIPULATIVE
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. …We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized. Vast numbers of human beings must cooperate in this manner if they are to live together as a smoothly functioning society. …In almost every act of our daily lives, whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking, we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons…who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses. It is they who pull the wires which control the public mind.”
― Edward L. Bernays, Propaganda

I would love to know what you think of this, or hear from other A-Z bloggers & or my regular readers new and seasoned!

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

A-Z challenge

A-Z challenge

15 comments for “MANIPULATIVE ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter M) ~ vintage & emotions

1. April 15, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Sometimes I wonder if we’re all sliding down the slippery slope to Google knowing all the social patterns and making all the decisions “for our benefit”. Yikes!

• April 15, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Oh yes they Are to be feared lol they know so much and could and can manipulate so much!

2. April 15, 2014 at 4:18 AM

Oh yes, it is the media, and the few large financial conglomerates who mould our way of thinking, that’s for sure. manipulation on a worldwide scale.

• April 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM

We all move enmasse as a herd manipulated by an invisible force called media and google lol! It is true but some of is fight rebelliously to retain our minds 🙂

3. Lainey
    April 15, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Now, you see, quotes like that make me want to go off the grid! (I’ll google that later!) and though I know what the google/the unseen mechanism are up to….I can’t stop playing along 😦 This is too much for my little brain this morning!!! Great quote xx

• April 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM

Haha I know it is universally scary like we are in some epic movie with grand manipulation from an unseen force that secretly treats us like robots manipulating our minds like guineapig a! There are just four odd lookong men doing this I am dure

• Lainey
        April 15, 2014 at 7:12 AM

LOL, thanks for that image……I’ll sleep well tonight!! x

4. April 15, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Poor dear, your quotes are getting darker and darker… Hope they don’t reflect your mood!

• April 15, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Haha I pre posted/diarized them they must have reflected a mood one of my past days but then how do you know what’s light if you don’t expeorence the dark? X

• April 15, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Oh yes, my fiancée is in deep thoughts today… But you’re right of course!

5. April 16, 2014 at 12:38 AM

I think it’s true, there’s always a light that goes with the dark and vice versa…we ARE being manipulated by a few, but at the same time there’s the positive power of the masses, subconscious or not, which also is a force to be reckoned with.

• April 16, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Your right we have to have faith that enmasse we can’t be manipulated to do what we feel morally wrong or don’t want to do however there are some cases but perhaps not in the same environmental background . Ohhh I’m getting serious here x

6. April 19, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Where did you get that poem…LOL I can’t stand people who are manipulative. And I know a few….