OBEDIENT ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter O) ~ vintage & emotions

A-Z blog challenge

Letter O =Obedient

Some of my favorite things:

• The power of the written word
  • Quotes
  • Emotions
  • Vintage
  • Art

All wrapped up in to one little visual package for this Spring Time challenge.

vintage - obedient

OBEDIENT
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum….”
― Noam Chomsky, The Common Good

I would love to know what you think of this, or hear from other A-Z bloggers & or my regular readers new and seasoned!

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

A-Z challenge

A-Z challenge

23 comments for “OBEDIENT ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter O) ~ vintage & emotions

1. April 17, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Great image! 🙂

• April 17, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Thank you I love it but then I do love elephants x

2. Lainey
    April 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM

oooh, that’s a bit “1984” isn’t it?! Great quote xx

• April 17, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Hah perhaps but though I don’t know a lot about him the author that is he sounds an incredibly interesting person don’t you think?

• Lainey
        April 17, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I’ve only heard of him through the odd quote! Should maybe google him later….ooh-er!!! x

• April 17, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Haha he is oooer he’s quite notable I think now I’ve looked him up a bit more he seems a force to be reckoned with and one of those wow people whether we agree entirely with what he does or not x

3. April 17, 2014 at 7:17 AM

A challenging one! Totally agree.

• April 17, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Do you know much Noam Chomsky? He sounds like a majorly interesting person to research x

• April 17, 2014 at 7:58 AM

Whew, Chomsky, he’s a linguist and as such, he’s my enemy — you know, there’s this hostility between linguistics and literature scholars, me being in the latter camp. 😉 Now, seriously, I don’t know much about him besides his linguistic work, sorry…

• April 17, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Oh dear lol! Re the enemy bit. Me being naive why would someone who studies the formation of language be at odds with someone who appreciates the written word? He did many things it seems and was cited one year as being the worlds most intellectual something or rather plus he tried to improve human rights the list seems pretty endless hehe – I didn’t write that well still trying to wake up hehe

• April 17, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Heh, you put it very nicely! You almost made me feel ashamed now…What you say makes perfect sense, but the main idea is that the linguists complain that literature is esoteric and unscientific humbug, while the literature people complain that linguistics is no real research, just making lists of things that happen in the language, which is very uncreative and produces no original results. I hope no linguist will read this comment, or it would be war! 😆

• April 17, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Hah I think perhaps love hate and really one doesn’t work as well without the other much like scientists v spiritualists xx

• April 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM

You’re of course right, my wise fiancée 😉

• April 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Lol nooo normally I am wrong not sure I’m right in this case I just enjoy a good debate and alternative views with food for thought 🙂

4. April 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Interesting!

• April 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Hah I should I take that as interesting good or interesting erm what is that ? Hehe x

5. April 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM

wow. That’s such a powerful visual with the boy and the elephant, and this post has such impact. Love the formatting of your post, too.

• April 17, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Thank you the author is quite astounding now I’ve researched him a little it’s great learning new things. I love elephants having spent some time with them I know how gentle they can be and caring to each other x

6. April 17, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I love the picture, it’s so cute.

7. April 18, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Everyone is so tolerant of others’ opinions … Until they clash with our own. Good post, Justine.

8. April 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I think this could have been why both my marriages failed. I am not obedient…I do what I want (within reason).

• April 19, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Lol does that make you naughty then? Refers to prior pist