Fiesta Friday #12 ~ a sugary disaster!

Fiesta Friday #12 This week, well actually was the end of last week as I am away on holiday now, due to get back tomorrow, boohoo. I cooked up a storm with my children in the form of chocolate cookies, taken from ngan made it.  You can see her original here. 009

Oh what a mess up we made.  I blame the children entirely.

We got confused with a third of a cup, our measuring utensils didnt give us that and then with two lively boys flour, sugar and whatever else went everywhere. 016

The fact you cover a baking tray with sugar and spread it out is a definite no no around my boys.

Then asking them to make balls out of it and roll it in,my youngest took great pleasure in mixing the portions I had taken precious time over splitting up, all together and shouting “look mummy giant cookie” and then proceeded a lightning speed like some superhero to do it to all of them.

Eventually we got it sorted and put them in the oven.

OMG…we forgot the baking soda and baking powder.

PANIC

My eldest shouted “get them out”

018So I pulled them out, now hot chucked them in the mixer and added the ingredients.

My eldest then went on strike as I had to re do all the biscuits again, rolling and flatenning.

My youngest however was of great help. So they cooked. 020They look great right? I am very proud of the way they look.

However, I would rather use them as a weapon in the forest to knock down squirrels or something. No I don’t really do that.

But they are as hard as rock and would make a good frisbee weapon for small children.

Of course this is nothing to do with the recipe, it is purely to do with MY cooking ability or lack of it.  Now I have 30 of the darn things and no one to eat them LOLOL… So I am bringing them to the party!

As always thanks for catching up on my cooking snippets!

Justine x © Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

61 comments for “Fiesta Friday #12 ~ a sugary disaster!

1. April 18, 2014 at 1:26 AM

I’m sure they taste marvelous. 😉

• April 18, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Haha they were soooo hard but I am a tea dunker so they worked well in this situation and yes taste was good…all my fault the mess up though, not the recipe x

2. April 18, 2014 at 3:23 AM

So that’s what you meant when you told me you forgot the baking powder and baking soda–I assumed you started over, lol, not add it into the mix at that point. I think they look wonderful, though! So perfectly cracked on top. But, they probably got hard because of the overmixing. My suggestion: put some vanilla ice cream in between two cookies and make an ice cream sandwich. Let it sit for ten minutes or so, so the ice cream can soften the cookies, or just dunk them in milk! Else, we can just play catch with them at Fiesta Friday! Haha!

• April 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Haha very funny lol my youngest loves them and he still has his teeth hehe! I discovered dunking them in tea was a good idea 🙂 and yes I totally over worked it I’ve learned my lesson lol xx

• April 18, 2014 at 12:21 PM

You are a better baker and cook than you give yourself credit for, Justine! I can tell by the looks of what you have shown us! Have a great day!

• April 18, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Haha as I said to someone else looks can he deceiving hehe

3. April 18, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Ah…hahahahaha!! What a happy, happy post!! They are the most beautiful cookies that I have ever seen… and I’m so, SO glad you brought them to Fiesta Friday, because they truly belong there… Wonderful post…and I will be walking away smiling.. 🙂

• April 18, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Hehe thank you my youngest loves then and his teeth are surprisingly in tact hehe

4. April 18, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Looks like the cookies look beautiful afterall! 🙂 Thanks for bringing them to the Fiesta! I should now grab some before other come. 😀

• April 18, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Haha thank you I hope you have strong teeth x

• April 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hmm, my teeth will do. 😀 I also baked cookies when I was 15 and those were my first cookies – they were hard as a rock. Hahaha. My mom and I kept laughing about it. 🙂

• April 18, 2014 at 12:28 PM

It’s all fun definitely an experience to remember lol

• April 18, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Yeeess! 😉

5. April 18, 2014 at 3:44 AM

You can take them to party then all men’s teeth will taken off …:-)

6. April 18, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Hahahah, this post had me laughing all the way through! From “look mummy giant cookie” to “get them out”…oh how I wish I was there with you and your boys!

• April 18, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Haha I would have videod it had I known oh gawds I was knackered afterwards haha my youngest loves then and is eating them still a week later lol

• April 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Patty- I am still laughing! This was great! Love Justine’s sense of humor!

7. April 18, 2014 at 4:38 AM

They LOOK wonderful! I ain’t eating them, not too fond of chewing on rocks, lol… Hey, maybe you can dunk them in milk or coffee. If you make us coffee, I’ll try them. 🙂

• April 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Hah coffee coming right up and in fact tea dunking works with them. My youngest has stashed some away he loves then and I always know when he’s eating one as I hear cracking sounds luckily not his teeth…yet!!!

8. April 18, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Looks like you had a great pre-party here!

9. April 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Well they look good that’s for sure lol

10. April 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I’m with the dunking suggestions, a nice cup of tea and a biscuit 🙂 xx

• April 18, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Yesssss it’s the only way! Cept my brave youngest stole some which I really wasn’t bothered about lol and I hear then cracking away in his mouth every time we have to turn the tv columns up it’s so loud hahaha

11. Victoria
    April 18, 2014 at 11:12 AM

You did a fab job BFF! 😀

12. April 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Haha!!
    That’s very funny! What did you do with them in the end?

13. April 18, 2014 at 1:50 PM

LOL, Justine! How I wish I had been a fly on the wall 🙂 It sounds as if, results aside, you and the boys had a wonderful kitchen adventure! And they really are “picture perfect”. Thanks for sharing such a smile inducing story!

• April 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Oh we had fun fun fun hehe! My youngest stole a few before they hit the bin!!

14. April 18, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Ha ha ha! This post reminded me of this cartoon that my daughter watches where the queen bakes treats which are so hard that they are ued to build really strong houses! I’m sure yours tasted really good 🙂

• April 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Hah I could have made a good cave or something woth it I shall remember that for next time erm if there is one Lolol xx

15. April 18, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Justine! I am laughing so super hard right now! Literally….laughing out loud! I just love your sense of humor! You turned a crazy kitchen experience into such a lovely, hilarious story for all of us to enjoy! And by the way, I would so do something like this in the kitchen! 🙂

• April 18, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Haha I had a sneaky feeling we might be similar kitchen explorers! I think that should be a new name or kitchen Messers! Doesn’t sound quite as good hrmmm now I need to think of a name hehe

• April 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Hehehe….love it! 🙂

• April 18, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Ps did you draw your bunny and carrot? If so your super twlented

• April 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I do draw a lot, but didn’t draw that little cutie. What I did do is texturize him and add some depth to him. I will probably eventually draw my own graphic to put up there, but when I saw him I just thought he was too cute not to use! 🙂

• April 18, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Lol he’s very cute indeed your obviously a whizz with photoshop I need to learn it x

• April 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I actually use Paint Shop Pro and a free program where I do my drawing with my graphic tablet called My Paint. Love both of them!

• April 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Oooh in getting a tablet soon a friend found me a nearly new one in a charity shop yay! Is paint shop pro free? It rings a bell for me

• April 18, 2014 at 4:22 PM

No, not free…though a lot cheaper hat photoshop. Depends what you want to use it for. I use it for making a lot of graphics. That’s fun that you are getting a tablet! I LOVE mine! Took a bit to get used to, but once I did I loved it!

• April 18, 2014 at 4:23 PM

I just painted whilst on holiday for the first time in years I was inspired by another blogger and being on hols near the beach and having time hehe! It’s getting used to using ones hand again in that way rather than typing it’s the control isn’t it? X

• April 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM

That is wonderful Justine! Yes, the tablet feels weird at first, almost like it is hard to control. But once you get used to it, you will love it!

16. April 18, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Too funny!! So you brought us a plate of hockey pucks, did you? Well, they look delicious anyway 😀

• April 19, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Hah that’s a good use for them thank you! Goes to make a sale at the local hockey team x

17. April 19, 2014 at 12:23 AM

Hahaha. Justine- I had so much fun reading the post. Those cookies look perfect- no one would know what happened. Give us chocolate cookies and we’ll eat them. 🙂

• April 19, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Oh they look good they are deceiving honestly your a brave brave woman to eat one or you have strong teeth!!!

18. April 19, 2014 at 7:17 AM

How goooood do these look??? 🙂

• April 19, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Looks can be very deceiving in this instance haha. Actually the taste is good just the brick hardness not so good haha

19. April 19, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I love it- is a child actually allowed to go on strike (good for them)? My first attempt at cookies disregarded knowledge that baking soda/powder was required, so I had cardboard. I think it was brilliant to salvage them from the oven and re-form. Cheers.

• April 19, 2014 at 7:44 PM

hah I think I was so overwhelmed with noise, stuff everywhere, my kids are really lively that I just plain forgot haha..and yes if an 11yr old boy goes on strike, seriously theres not much you can do about it but threaten to ban electronics for a month LOL xx thanks for stopping by 😉

20. April 20, 2014 at 9:29 PM