UGLY ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter U) ~ vintage & emotions

A-Z blog challenge

Letter U =Ugly

Some of my favorite things:

• The power of the written word
  • Quotes
  • Emotions
  • Vintage
  • Art

All wrapped up in to one little visual package for this Spring Time challenge.

vintage - ugly

UGLY
Life is too short to spend hoping that the perfectly arched eyebrow or hottest new lip shade will mask an ugly heart.
Kevyn Aucoin

I would love to know what you think of this, or hear from other A-Z bloggers & or my regular readers new and seasoned!

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

A-Z challenge

A-Z challenge

26 comments for “UGLY ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter U) ~ vintage & emotions

1. April 24, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Ok I know it’s shallow, but just once I’d like to look like that !! Without people wondering if I’m masking an ugly heart, of course!!

• April 24, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Haha your funny, well i wouldn’t mind either, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder I always say 🙂

2. April 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM

I love it!

• April 24, 2014 at 8:42 AM

😀 Having a history in aesthetics for so many years I always find the concept of what is beautiful, appealing and not interesting. Surface visuals are so flaky 🙂

3. April 24, 2014 at 2:23 AM

It’s not always easy to tell when you first meet someone if they are ugly hearted but eventually their ugliness always give them away. You can only hide so much. Good food for thought this post.

• April 24, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Yes, I have met some people that the more I know them the more beautiful they get or the other way around, it’s quite powerful how it can change x

4. April 24, 2014 at 2:28 AM

That goes right along with the quote “Beauty is skin deep, but ugly is to the bone.”

• April 24, 2014 at 8:44 AM

hah i havnt heard that one, i know of course “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” which I use quite a lot not sure why LOL x

5. Lainey
    April 24, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Great quote, don’t you find it funny that people become more attractive the more you get to know them and their lovely heart…and vice versa?! x

• April 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Oh yes, it’s so powerful it really is….I need to check my mail also, sorry very late on it all. Sometimes someone can instantly go to a bleh when you see something that you might consider unsavoury in their character, their looks become invisible x

• Lainey
        April 24, 2014 at 9:08 AM

So true!! Don’t worry about checking mail – it’s all good! xx

6. April 24, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Lovely picture and great quote by Aucoin thank you.Too often we wear masks but given time people un-mask themselves if they’ve been hiding behind a facade of beauty when their hearts do not reflect this as well.
    Garden of Eden Blog

• April 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM

True and sometomes it’s harder to show ourselves to some than others it’s reflective at times x

7. April 24, 2014 at 10:11 AM

She might have the perfect everything but she looks just a trifle plastic. Love the quote. Thanks for dropping by today on our A – Z challenge

• April 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM

A pleasure and yes too perfect which can seem imperfect x

8. April 24, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Powerful quote!! One can’t mask what’s inside the heart!Aditi, dropping from A2Z

9. April 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM

This evening, while watching a movie, I was wondering why we like handsome heroes and beautiful heroines, and why inner goodness is often believed to be reflected on faces and bodies– when it is so rarely the case in real life!

• April 24, 2014 at 5:22 PM

very true, there is some kind of theory on our natural attraction to faces of equal symetry, but you know I think in the old world we would have been attracted to much simpler necessary things like food bringers and men probably would be attracted to our bottoms and child bearing hips hehe

10. April 24, 2014 at 6:39 PM

popping in the the a-z! I hopped around your blogs, and thought you might be able to combine them. I like this one…but also curious about the chronic pain one. I’m dealing with that too. 😦 Still looking for a diagnosis. I write about all kinds of things…caretaking, faith, goofy stuff in the family, recipes, my kids…life in my Ballpark. I emailed you about my social media buttons that you liked. We have to get that blogger back on board. 🙂 Nice to meet you!

• April 24, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Awe thank you that’s so kind mailing me I’ve not had a chance to check my mails yet. Sorry your a sufferer too 😦 it’s nice to find people in common only for the fact we can support each other. Hope to chat again soon xx

11. April 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Ugly makes us think about and feel into what is really valuable…
    Susan
    Garden of Eden Blog

12. April 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Many people hid an ugly heart with a beautiful appearance. But that doesn’t mean that someone who likes to make themselves look beautiful automatically has an ugly heart.