Macro Monday ~ Maternal Commemoration

My mother passed away 8 years ago, however her birthday was on the 21st April and each year I try to remember & do something commemorative around that date to remember her by.  This year my eldest son chose a cake to make which I made Saturday, Oh my is all I can say, it was a compete disaster & I guess I was a little bit sadder about the catastrophe than I might have been in other circumstances.

However on Sunday just before lunch i was given some flowers, how nice, and these I gift in mind to commemorate my mother!

019

As always thank you for reading/looking.
Macro Monday for this blog is a new feature I have introduced that hopefully you will like.

Justine-Not Transparent

Lets keep in touch!

Lets keep in touch!

10 comments for “Macro Monday ~ Maternal Commemoration

1. April 28, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Unfortunate for the cake, Justine…but the flower photo you (and your Mom) were rewarded with is absolutely gorgeous! It is perfect…beautifully detailed. 🙂

• April 28, 2014 at 1:45 PM

thank you, it’s lovely, there were a few different types, the feature photo was another one of them 🙂 thank you for your lovely comments xx

2. April 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM

It is a lovely thought to have attempted the cake – but the flowers are lovelier! Our mothers are always missed …
    Garden of Eden Blog

• April 28, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Yes they are, thank you for such lovely words 😀

3. April 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Aww … too bad about the cake. I adore the featured image. As I lost my mom just before Christmas 2 years ago and as here’s was a January birthday I commemorate her life in that season. I do hope you have a lovely week.

• April 28, 2014 at 4:04 PM

thank you, we went away just over a week ago and it was fabulous 🙂 glad you like the macro and I love commemorating my mother, it has that feeling of being happy for good memories rather than sad, thats the way I try to have it anyway 😉

4. April 28, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Justine, i’m sorry you lost your Mother, and the cake disaster added to your sadness this year. However I hope those flowers reminded you of good times with your Mum. Big hugs, Sammy

5. April 29, 2014 at 4:23 AM