Xenophobia ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter X) ~ vintage & emotions

A-Z blog challenge

Letter X =Xenophobia

Some of my favorite things:

• The power of the written word
  • Quotes
  • Emotions
  • Vintage
  • Art

All wrapped up in to one little visual package for this Spring Time challenge.

XENOPHOBIA “Our love of lockstep is our greatest curse, the source of all that bedevils us. It is the source of homophobia, xenophobia, racism, sexism, terrorism, bigotry of every variety and hue, because it tells us there is one right way to do things, to look, to behave, to feel, when the only right way is to feel your heart hammering inside you and to listen to what its timpani is saying.”  ― Anna Quindlen

XENOPHOBIA
― Anna Quindlen

I would love to know what you think of this, or hear from other A-Z bloggers & or my regular readers new and seasoned!

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

A-Z challenge

A-Z challenge

18 comments for “Xenophobia ~ A-Z blogging challenge (letter X) ~ vintage & emotions

1. April 28, 2014 at 5:16 AM

What a bizarre picture for Pear soap – obviously from an earlier time. Good quote to go along with it! We continue to learn to appreciate our differences in trying to get along.

• April 28, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Yes i was amazed when I found it. I was stuck what word I would use for X then that seemed to be fitting. We come from a mixed race family so am aware of difficulties that can be encountered. I found the picture quite shocking lol, but i guess in those days normal, but what a find as it has no restrictions so I could feel safe that the copyright police wont come after me hehe

• April 28, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Those vintage cards are lovely illustrations and usually sweet themes so it took me a second hard look to see why that fit your word. Then it was like a jolt of disbelief. Even studying our history, in NYC alone the Italian and Irish immigrants were viscious to each other, and they were all white! Such an awful side of human behavior.

• April 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Exactly and it continues even mildly at school, we are encountering it a bit with my eldest, plus prejudices in different learning or behavioural difficulties as he suffers from tics…bleh we shall get through it though 🙂 It is quite a shocking pic though your right and tomorrow Sammy I have a pre scheduled surprise for you around 1pm my time hehe x

• April 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Whoa!!! I can’t wait. Now I have to figure out what time that is here, my Luv XXOO

• April 28, 2014 at 1:47 PM

hehe….just started my macro monday today aswell… 😀 Loving photogrpahy x

2. April 28, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Oh I love the look of you blog. I see you love owls. My daughter loves them as well. I can see I will be checking this out often. Have a wonderfully blessed day! You are awesome! 🙂

• April 28, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Awe thankies so much, I love that owl. I see this owl on cushions and keep meaning to buy one. 😀 Have a lovely day and thank you for commenting x

3. April 28, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Lovely blog. Visiting back from the A-Z and so pleased to make your acquaintance. Hope to visit more in future.

4. April 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Wow … usually Pears advertising is pretty tame and pretty cute. This is sad. 😦 I was really surprised!

Thank you for sharing it though – and the quote is wonderful too.

• April 28, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Yes I sort of did a double take first time and I think a few of my readers too! It just goes to show how dramatically different things are these days xx

5. April 28, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I’ve seen this ad before and I don’t know if I’m supposed to laugh or cry at it… A great pick for the letter x!

• April 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I know it is quite shocking but I guess in those days things were very different ? X

• April 29, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Of course, there was nothing shocking about that then! It must have been thought of as a clever ad…