Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Spring time in words & pictures!

Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Spring!

The challenge this week is to share a photo to show what Spring means to me!

I thought to myself about Spring and the image that came to mind were abundant, how can one epitomise Spring in just one picture, to me impossible, maybe not to others.

So, let me take you on a Spring walk, this will be a series of words and photos, finishing off with a poem if you care to stay with me until the end which I would really love.

This is my walk toda & a collection of photos I took for you…

Spring Time is ~

011

When the flowers are so pink they look like they might melt in your mouth like candyfloss…

Spring Time is….

014When the sun shines brightly like a friend so pleased to see you, they give you a warm hug…..

Spring Time is….

When the vibrancy of purples. violets & pinks make you stop in your tracks….

Spring Time is….

040

When you let the roof down, set your hair free & enjoy the caress of Spring air against your face….

Spring Time is…

When the ice-creams flow in to eager hands which scoop legs over bikes and cycle away without a care in the world….

Spring Time is…

049 057

When you find picnickers out early morning & the ducks swimming on water as shiny as a mirror!

Spring Time is….

063 077

When the deer & the jackdaws find that green piece of warmth upon which to rest….

Spring Time is….

080 090 097

When children climb trees, leaping over the suns rays that sprinkles copiously through gaps and when children become content to return home…..

Spring Time is….

106

When even a dog can smile to show you he is happy!

At an earlier time of the month just when the sun was starting to bravely peek through the clouds and the daffodils rise I took the picture below.  It inspired me to write my ‘first’ poem, of which I share with you today, be it with a little trepidation.  I pilfered it from my ‘It’s a lonely place’ blog, now using you as my guinea pigs in your thoughts to my poetic words.

poem No 1

The sun’s rays tickle warmth to spread through translucent petals

floral veins spread open in glee as colour radiates towards the onlookers eyes

a smile forms upon lips as bountiful pinks infuse iris’s which lift in humble thanks

nostrils flare greedily sucking in Springs aroma, goosebumps tingle upon skin

happiness licks across senses as newborn sounds caress delicate lobes.

© Justine @Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Lets keep in touch!

Lets keep in touch!

26 comments for “Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Spring time in words & pictures!

1. May 3, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Wow! I love them all the vivid purples are breathtaking. I also love the ice cream truck! I usually avoid that in my neighborhood but with kids you can’t. My girl used to go nuts for that thing. I love the little rock climbers. Are those your sweet guys? Also the elk shot is priceless. GREAT capture. That black bird is crazy BIG. WOW! You must have Native American blood to sneak up on wildlife like that and not scare them way. I love it. Beautiful post! Those take a while to create I know! 😀

• May 3, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Hah you know I never get birds they always fly away on me I find it so frustrating but today yay I got one. Those young stag deer I’ve been dying to get and today they were quite near the path which is rare. The park is sooo big they could be out of sight anywhere and this was on my hit list of achievements to do that my pain usually hinders so I was pleased as punch. Yes the colours were stunning my favorites thank you so much for looking and so glad you liked xx

2. May 3, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Great photos! Some of the very best I’ve seen for this weeks challenge 🙂

3. May 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM

What a wonderful set of photos! Jackdaws are not easy to capture either! I love what you have written with each picture. Lovely duck and the flowers are beautiful 🙂

• May 4, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Thank you elle, thats a lovely compliment coming from such a great photographer xx

4. May 3, 2014 at 10:07 PM

you are a beavering blogger, almost not possible to keep up with you!

• May 4, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Oh your fit and sprightly I am sure you will keep up 😛 haha…I will have a quiet spell i am sure then you can breathe a sigh of relief! x

• May 4, 2014 at 9:41 AM

nope I checked may the 1st, may the 1st, may the 1st, may the 2nd may the 3rd – multiple posts a day no hope that I can catch up, my to do list is too long right now, oh and I need to find the iphone charger..

• May 4, 2014 at 9:56 AM

lol oh dear, well maybe we see you in June?

• May 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

havent given up yet, just to do list needs doing first 🙂

5. May 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I enjoyed the walk. I think I’d like one of the cars and that cute pit bull as well. Then i could walk to the park and walk my dog. 🙂 Hope you’re having a great weekend.

janet

• May 4, 2014 at 9:20 AM

the car is stunning isnt it? And that doggie is mine, hes a French bulldog, very different to a pit bull, they are banned over here as dangerous dogs, normally its due to the Owners that they are dangerous but I can see from the head that smoeone can miscronstrue them if one has nothing else to look at, he gives a great smile doesnt he?

6. May 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Wonderful photos! 🙂

7. May 4, 2014 at 4:34 AM

OK, so where do I start? Loved the photos and liked the beautiful simplicity of the theme i.e. Spring Time is … Was happy you included not only flowers and animals but the ice cream truck (maybe because I am addicted to icecream) and the fab car, not to mention the children playing outside. The icing on the cake? Your poem! Well done. This post rocked!

• May 4, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Awe thank you for such a thoughtful response, i love it when it is obvious someone took time to properly go through ones post. I was nervous about the poem, and it’s something I would like to be a bit more active about and dip my toes in to. The walk was glorious yesterday too, I hope you pop by again x

8. May 4, 2014 at 8:17 PM

This is a truly beautiful post Justine. I loved going on a walk with you and seeing and reading Spring through your eyes. Your poem is lovely and works so well with your delicate flower photo. xoxoxo

• May 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM

awe thank you lovely meghan, you always take me on a wild ride so i thought a nice Spring walk for you x

9. May 6, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Loved all the photos, but my favorite is the one with the car and the roof down! That is when you know spring has arrived.

• May 6, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Hah yes I can almost feel the air through my hair as I look at it x