A-Z reflections post! ~ It’s over tadaah

survivor-atoz [2014] - SMALL (1)

You know when I think of the end of the A to Z Challenge this song comes to mind…

Bit dramatic huh?

So there is something I want to say as a support to everyone who took the A-Z..points to the picture below…..

img-thing

I apologize it is my ironic dry sense of humour and no, I didn’t hate it for everyone whispering “oh my she must have really hated it!”  But I won’t deny it certainly took on the word ‘challenge’ and lived up to it.

It was like a love/hate relationship.  I did pre-schedule my posts and if I had not I would have crumbled, so I really take my hat off to those who didn’t and what works for some, doesn’t work for others.

I also knew that during the whole process I would be away for a week and the Blogging 201 Challenge came up which I really didn’t want to miss as I had started off my WordPress life doing the zerotohero earlier on in the year so I sort of had some kind of odd sentimental attachment to doing the 201 Challenge.

I enjoyed the fact that it forced me to really think of something that was streamlined.  I love vintage, it was a huge challenge to find vintage pictures that were copyright free AND that matched the emotions that I was quoting about.  I didn’t get it spot on every time, but did the best with what I had.

I also love emotions, hence why this was included as a theme of mine and my obsession with ‘quotes’ really came to the front with this challenge and this is something that I hope to continue as I had a lot of positive comments from my readers as to the particular ones I had chosen which spurred some really interesting conversations.

What would my advice be to others possibly entering next year.

Plan ahead

Pick your theme

I cannot advise whether to pre-schedule or not, it depends whether you are an adrenalin junky, what topic you are choosing etc

Make sure you reply to all comments

I did not put my URL when I commented and deleted those that did on my blog, just because I don’t like it, ones avatar should link back to ones blog, but have up a commenting policy beforehand if this bothers you so it doesn’t offend anyone when it is removed.

Make time every day to blog hop/read/comment ~ this really does take time.

Sign up for the official A-Z e-mails this really helps too.

What would have made it more helpful to me?

I would have loved to know which participants were on wordpress and which ones not.  Only because there is such a huuuge number of participants from different blogging boards and I found that the ones from WordPress would be more likely to reply to a comment and or continue a dialogue/follow etc.

I didn’t do it for the followers, more for the experience, curiosity to see what it was like, but of course it is nice to meet new people and yes get a few followers.

I struck up some great conversations, mainly with my existing readers, some new, had a handful of new friends with whom I hope to create a great blogging relationship.

I also enjoyed conversing/supporting and seeing my other blogging friends who did the A-Z and what would pop up on their post each day.

Would I do it again?

That I can’t answer LOL, I still havn’t quite gotten over this one yet, maybe because I am a bit of a masochist like that!

So a BIG OLD THANK YOU to everyone who supported me on this great adventure!

Justine-Not Transparent

© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

32 comments for “A-Z reflections post! ~ It’s over tadaah

1. Lainey
    May 4, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Great review! I shall schedule posts next year….yes, I’ve decided to do it all again. lol…great advice as well 😉

• May 4, 2014 at 6:01 PM

yes def schedule because you are going to be super busy with these amazing craft ideas you are coming up with, grins…huggles x

2. May 4, 2014 at 5:20 PM

When you’re in the registration list, hover over the sites, and you will see where they have their blogs — I agree, it was very helpful to connect to other WordPress users.

• May 4, 2014 at 6:08 PM

oh really? LOLOL i cant believe I missed that, I used to go to the list but I never obviously hovvered, they should state that somewhere or maybe they do, thanks for telling me I shall remember that x

• May 4, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I did not realize this, Thanks for the tip! It’s unfortunate the two blogging platforms don’t synch better, but then they are competing businesses, I suppose!

• May 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM

thats very true, of course they dont want to lose customers hehe. Oh i tried looking up zentangle pens, lots to try out there on amazon, you are happy withyours?

• May 5, 2014 at 2:50 AM

Yes, Justine, I really like my Sakura pens. They seemed pricey, but now that I’m using them, I see how good the quality is. I don’t know how long they last, though and that will be the other part of deciding whether they are worth the price.

• May 5, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Thank you Sammy I just saw lots of ‘kits’ was wondering which one to go for. I shall prob do my usual of most stars and best reviews hehe

• May 5, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I got set wthi 5 black pens, 1 pencil and 5 tiles. I’m sure you’ll like any of the sets.

• May 5, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Ok, thank you, I am going to take a better look hehe, I will let you konw what i find x

• May 5, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Can’t wait to see your next zentangle

• May 5, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I have one ready for this week, and worked on one last night that was going great until the 3rd pattern which I don’t like. I will redo that one! (Too Perfectionist for my own good!)

• May 5, 2014 at 3:02 PM

haha how do you re-do? I thought you werent allowed to rub out with zentangles? grins

• May 5, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Yeah I have to do the WHOLE THING over!! But I liked the other two patterns so don’t mind practicing them again.

3. May 4, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Justine – you always appeared right before I went to bed with “next day’s” letter because of our time difference. It gave me a sweet hint of all the other treats bloggers would bring me. Of course you will do it next year. Lainey and I will drag you to the starting line kicking and screaming.

4. May 4, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Great advice if I should ever wander into a challenge! 🙂

• May 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM

yes its that ‘if i do’, I need to put them on a backburner now lol

5. hilarymb
    May 5, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Hi Justine .. not using WP I can’t fully understand the challenge with Blogger and WP and then there’s typepad, Discus .. and others … still it’s your blog and your connections .. but glad you enjoyed it – and yes the theme is a good idea and writing in advance, something I said I’d do, but didn’t get to it.

However you were doing lots … so hope to see you next year .. cheers Hilary

• May 5, 2014 at 2:59 PM

hehe yes maybe next year…gulps…glad you enjoyed the posts 😀

6. May 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I love to schedule my posts but haven’t lately. If I am going to be away and not get to my computer I do schedule them for sure! 🙂
    Wow that’s amazing you made it all the way through. Bravo!:)

7. Bhakti
    May 5, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Lovely post Justine 🙂
    Glad we met during this challenge ❤
    Take Care 🙂

8. May 6, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Great sum up! I too ended up looking only for WP bloggers. I wish they would integrate better. It is so easy to have conversations using the reader (except for you and me for some weird reason… I wonder if you have to accept cookies from me or something…) I have no idea whether I’d do it again. I enjoyed it but felt incredibly guilty not getting around to more blogs and commenting. April was such a busy month… I had 3 challenges besides my usual photo challenges and my weekly features. They all magically meshed but it took it out of me. I’m still recovering… all the challenges are over and I’m regrouping. I did 201 but never posted after the first three days. But did most of the assignments anyway. Phew.

• May 6, 2014 at 7:00 PM

hah yes, I must pace and not overdo it, I wish the 201 and A-Z had not been at the same time, I figure with major challenge that WordPress could organize it better considerng A-z is each year you think they would wait until May to do the 201 but never mind, big huggles and I hope you recover soon xx