Random Moment of Delight #19 ~ tears ahoy!

Random Moment of Delight #19

I was a little spoilt for choice as to what to put down this weekend, basically because I have quite a lot of catching up to do because there were many amazing ‘Random Moments of Delight’ that I would love to share from my holiday in Devon, but that shall have to wait until a later post, why is that?

Is it because I went to the dentists yesterday of whom I have a pathological neurotic fear, yet when having Xrays after two years she said “all was alright?”  I gave a whoppeeee literally and would have done cartwheels had my back allowed and the room been big enough.  Seriously the elation was amazing, sheer delight and relief!

No there was something else that I just had to share which some of you might have seen already.  It is from yesterdays showing of ‘Britains Got Talent’.

Some history first ~ some of you might know that my son suffers from tics/Tourettes and as such has experienced bullying from primary to secondary school.  It is heart breaking for a mother to see this, we try to address this with the school but there is only so much they can catch up on.  We are trying to address how my son deals with this as he has sunk at times in to a deep depression, he is currently seeing a school counsellor with whom luckily he is getting on wonderfully with but this all takes time and it is sort of like being on sliding soft sand, you rise but go back all the time a little bit and it is hard work for all.

There are 3 people that I especially wanted to bring this attention to and they are:

Meghan ~ because I know how deeply this will resonate with you 🙂

Farmerfarthing ~ I hinted at this earlier, I am sure this will especially resonate

Oloriel ~ now this is a rap not to forget hey?

So when I hear the ‘happy’ success stories, wow it brings tears to my eyes, and so I present you this video, please take time to watch and I would love to hear your thoughts!

Justine-Not Transparent

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

45 comments for “Random Moment of Delight #19 ~ tears ahoy!

1. May 11, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Like, Like, Like, LIKE!!!!!

Aww, sat here crying my eyes out lol. What amazing boys 🙂 xx

• May 11, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I know right? I cry every time can’t stop. My eldest does too and shrek did goodness!

2. May 11, 2014 at 10:36 AM

What a beautiful video…I’m so sorry that your son has had to live through such a terrible situation, I do know how cruel people (and yes, even children) can be. Glad he’s getting on with this promising counsellor though! Best wishes to your famil!

• May 11, 2014 at 12:17 PM

children can be very very cruel and they dont always realize at all the impact it has, and it can be lasting impact when one is a child it is like an imprint, very hard to get rid of ;( that video just makes me well up every time, they are amazing, thank you for your lovely words x

3. May 11, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I didn’t realize your son had Tourette’s. Breaks my heart that he gets picked on at school. I can’t imagine how rough that is for him. You are a mommy with a very loving heart…Happy Mothers Day Justine. I will be back to watch that video later!

• May 11, 2014 at 12:18 PM

thank you, yes its sort of intense tics, mild tourettets, the area is grey inbetween but nonetheless it effects him daily. I hope you get to watch the video it is amazing an dmakes me cry every time, they are awesome x

• May 12, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Ok I just watched the video, and I still have tears streaming down my face! I loved it, and am so glad you posted it! Those kids are amazing!! So full of courage! Going to share it on my Facebook page.

• May 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM

oh my they soooo are, i posted them on my work fb my personal one, everywhere…amazing and thank you for commenting, glad it touched you x

• May 14, 2014 at 12:51 AM

It sure did! Showed it to my hubby this morning…he loved it. Texted it to my brother too…he loved it as well!

4. May 11, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Oh Justine this is beautiful, thanks for sharing. I’m sure it must give you a lot of inner strength too. God Bless you and your son on this Mother’s Day, but I know you’ve already celebrated it where you live. Blessings all the same.

• May 11, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Thank you for your lovely words 🙂 I hope your having a fabulous weekend. I am glad you liked the video its pretty amazing x

5. May 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Thank you so much Justine for shouting out to me… yes I do understand in an intimate way. We are so blessed that my son’s tics didn’t really become obvious until he was past the cruelest of bullying ages. And as I have said before, the theatrical community has given him such confidence and accepted him as who he is.
    That was an amazing video and phenomenal moment for everyone witnessing the incredibly honest performance. I hope it goes viral and bullies see it and become aware of their effect on their peers.
    What a wonderful Mother’s Day post and Random Moment of Delight for all of us reading it.
    (I’m glad your son is getting along well with his counselor!)
    Megs… ❤

• May 11, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Thank you for your lovely comments Meghan 🙂 I’ve been trying to recommend theatre for zac but he’s not gojng for it yet but he might be taking up his swimming again of his own volition which gave him great confidence xx happy mothere day to you xx

6. May 12, 2014 at 12:46 AM

That’s an amazing video! made my morning 🙂

• May 12, 2014 at 8:32 AM

That’s great made my day! I can’t watch without crying …silly me

7. May 12, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Out of the mouths of babes.

8. May 12, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Wooooooooow!

9. May 12, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Oh my what a great post!! That video brought tears to my eyes and shall share it with work so they may consider putting the link for our website. I am sorry to hear about your son having problems with bullying. There is a friend/colleague who used to work on our helpline that also has Tourette’s and every year she does a video for the association raising awareness. For her, the symptoms decreased with maturity and as well, she is able to manage it better and hide it. She was our media go to person who would prep us for media tours and interviews. Your post truly touched me, Justine. Special needs children was one of the main reasons that got me to start Stigmahurtseveryone. Herding Cats was the first blog I followed reading her amazing stories with her daughter. Thank you again for sharing this. Blessings, xx

• May 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I really hope he grows out of it, it lessened for a while but then when he went to secondary school it just flared up again really badly and apparently this is common. He of course has the hormones and bullying going on and the tics just in themselves make him very up and down. He is seeing a counsellor at the moment, one through school and actually another through the NHS I am hoping this all will help him to be feel supported. Thank you for re-blogging btw xx

• May 14, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I will search for her video and her blog…of my friend I mentioned. By the way, our youth line started in 1989 but we went to UK to see how to set it up by modeling Child LIne…it is a national helpline open 24/7 just like hours, they have a great site and I love their info on bullying, and they have web counselling too. check out their link if you are interested http://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx “huggles” 😀

• May 14, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Thank you, wow thats amazing you came over to see how it works. We have a tourettes helpline too, as he is seeing two counsellors I think this is enough for now but it is good to have contacts out there 🙂 though i dont get to know what he talks about i am realy hoping he is actualy talking about the bullying x

10. May 12, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Reblogged this on Stop the Stigma and commented:
    A must read on a mom sharing her concerns for her son who gets bullied and the sad, long term impacts it has on a child. Plus an amazing video of 2 talented boys…a MUST see…the boy rapping wrote the lyrics from his own personal experience…oh and get some tissues, you will need it!

11. May 12, 2014 at 8:59 AM

What a tearjerker this one was and so beautiful too!!! Thank you so much for sharing, Justine.

12. May 12, 2014 at 5:52 PM

That was amazing. What a way to spread the news about bullying… Diane

• May 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM

yes, I know, that is a real gem having seen that, really was xx

13. May 13, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I know. I have a folder where I like to save success stories or happy moments that I like to look through when I’ve had a hard day.

14. May 14, 2014 at 10:54 PM

Oh sweet friend I had no idea about your son and how your momma heart goes with him everyday to school. I’ve always said my girl is my heart walking around this earth on the outside of my body! So when they feel pain you do as well. Our momma heart doesn’t really know where to put all that happens to our children that sometimes can crush their spirit and make you want to ask these parents are they aware how their children treat others. I loved this video and believe that with a momma like you in his corner he’s an overcomer. My girl is I’ll has been since she was 2 so I know how you might feel! Here’s a happy thing to share just recently she said, “mom you know when you used to say one day when you are out of school none of them will matter at all, well mom you were right.”
    Plus what a heart your children will have for those who suffer and a beautiful stepping stone to choosing the high road.
    I believe in you and know there are good things coming your way!
    I’ve been so busy all week I needed this sweet friend, you have no idea.
    I’m 49 years old and bullying just doesn’t happen to kids it happened to me at work and it took all I had in me to stand up and say No! It’s amazing even as adults a bully is just that a big ole bully! Bravo for you! Thank you for sharing this! You are amazing I hope you know that deep down in your knower! 💗mm

• May 15, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Awe thank you for such wonderful and empathic words! Your right bullying goes on throughout life any age and yes you descrbe it well to say I feel like I am out there woth my son experiencing it! It’s very hard indeed. It’s allowing them to cope with life and protecting them xx

• May 15, 2014 at 12:33 PM

You post is awesome! The first thing I read after I got off work yesterday and I loved it. My daughter asked me what I was watching and I showed her and she said Mom isn’t that so sad about that kid but look what has come of it. I love it when they bounce back, after all your mom love poured into them they do! Have a super day sweet one. I’m getting a late start. Hugs to you!

• May 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM

yes children are resilient yet not so at the same time,i know children can remember just a comment said to them forever and it effects their confidence yet terrible things happen and they move on….human nature is complex we try to protect and help the best we can xx

15. May 14, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Reblogged this on Tell me about it and commented:
    This sweet friends is a post you don’t want to miss! This beautiful momma shares her heart about 2 subject close to this momma’s heart! Full of awesomeness!💗

16. May 15, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I love your post and my heart breaks for your son. Watching him go through this is gut wrenching, I know. I’m a teacher and we work so hard to prevent bullying, but some of the meanies are quite clever in hiding what they do from teachers. That is great that your son is working with a counselor. Building up his on sense of self, which is so hard to do, will be immensely helpful as he continues to fight this battle. Good luck.

• May 16, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Oh they are very clever it always happens in the corridors before or after class or in the playground and of course if the teacher finds out they apologize and appear remorseful but doesn’t mean tot say it wont happen again. I think it is important their parents know what they are up to and guaging their reactions tells a lot think x