This weeks entry is entirely my choice, but oh wow the kids love it. I made it with my youngest and oh boy, it is a powerful chocolate cake, really is, unless you are completely hard core it will last you ages.
I cannot really eat it on its own unless I just take the teeniest chunk off, but however, tadah, OH MY with ice cream it is simply divine, it is a must, please try it, it is so simple!
I would however be more inclined to call it “Rocky Choccy Cake”….
The visuals as always first 🙂 – We had a little break inbetween as of course for an 8 year old a game of Toot and Otto is a must whilst delights cool off in the fridge!
Rerigerator Chocolate Cake
Refrigerator Chocolate Cake
- 225g/8oz plain chocolate
- 225g/8oz unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 3 tbsp of black coffee
- 55g/2oz soft light brown sugar
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 225g/8oz digestive biscuits, crushed
- Grease and line a 450g or 1 lb loaft tin. Place the chocolate, butter, coffee, sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until the chocolate and butter have melted, the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is well combined.
- Stir in the crushed biscuits, the raisins and walnuts and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture in to the prepared loaf tin. Leave to set for 1-2 hours in the regrigerator, then turn out and cut in to thin slices to serve.
As always thank you for reading, I hope you have a fandabby dosie weekend lined up, anything exciting planned?
© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com