Fiesta Friday #16 ~ a little bit of choccie for anyone?

So here we are rocking on to Fiesta Friday #16

This weeks entry is entirely my choice, but oh wow the kids love it. I made it with my youngest and oh boy, it is a powerful chocolate cake, really is, unless you are completely hard core it will last you ages.

I cannot really eat it on its own unless I just take the teeniest chunk off, but however, tadah, OH MY with ice cream it is simply divine, it is a must, please try it, it is so simple!

I would however be more inclined to call it “Rocky Choccy Cake”….

The visuals as always first πŸ™‚ – We had a little break inbetween as of course for an 8 year old a game of Toot and Otto is a must whilst delights cool off in the fridge!

Β Rerigerator Chocolate Cake

Refrigerator Chocolate Cake

• Servings: 6-8
  • Difficulty: easy

Ingredients

• 225g/8oz plain chocolate
  • 225g/8oz unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
  • 3 tbsp of black coffee
  • 55g/2oz soft light brown sugar
  • a few drops of vanilla extract
  • 225g/8oz digestive biscuits, crushed

Method

1. Grease and line a 450g or 1 lb loaft tin. Β Place the chocolate, butter, coffee, sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until the chocolate and butter have melted, the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is well combined.
  2. Stir in the crushed biscuits, the raisins and walnuts and stir well.
  3. Spoon the mixture in to the prepared loaf tin. Β Leave to set for 1-2 hours in the regrigerator, then turn out and cut in to thin slices to serve.

As always thank you for reading, I hope you have a fandabby dosie weekend lined up, anything exciting planned?

Β© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Justine-Not Transparent

Lets keep in touch!

Lets keep in touch!

76 comments for “Fiesta Friday #16 ~ a little bit of choccie for anyone?

1. May 16, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Happy Yummy Friday sweet super mom! This looks divine! That takes a lot of work to photograph and cook! I love this! Have a super weekend! TGIFπŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’“

2. May 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I’m going to bookmark this and make it over the weekend — I think it will be a real hit with the chocoholics in my house!

• May 16, 2014 at 12:56 PM

oh its really so choccie, let mek now please if you do x

3. May 16, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Yes, please! I fear the teeniest chunks would not be enough for me and my sweet tooth! Perhaps I could have one of those delicious little squares? Thanks for bringing them to the Fiesta… πŸ˜€

• May 16, 2014 at 12:57 PM

oh they are very choccie i just gave a few away to a chap helping me with personal development, his eyes opened wide with surprise and a ‘wow’ came out lol, and he ate a 2nd haha

4. Lainey
    May 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend x

5. May 16, 2014 at 3:59 PM

This sounds so good and chocolatey! πŸ™‚

• May 16, 2014 at 4:21 PM

oh its dangerously chocolatey hehe are you game for some ?

6. May 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM

what you are now submitting FF a day ahead, isnt that just a teensy bit overly smug dont you think???’ Greetings from Poli in Switzerland with a to do list of 1) write inspirational quote for publishing on a website (not mine) (and its about work so harder), 2) review about 30 documents by today for a conference

Or more likely: take brain out and put into a pickling jar with some electrodes to recharge (oh wait, that doesnt work does it..) or open a bottle of wine and put feet up or go out for dinner.

FF – I am thinking about you, but will celebrate first and hopefully post tomorrow – or manana

• May 16, 2014 at 4:25 PM

erm i think your time zone is ahead madam? It is most definitely friday here and friday afternoon so untwitst your knickers please! x

• May 16, 2014 at 4:51 PM

hello Justine – knickers twisted? ah that is why I am so grumpy thanks for pointing it out, I will put them in the pickling jar with my brain πŸ™‚ happy Friday!

• May 16, 2014 at 4:56 PM

that sounds dleicious and happy friday to you my dear also πŸ˜€

• May 16, 2014 at 5:05 PM

well we cannot always suggest cool recipes :)!

• May 16, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Pickled brainy knickers!!

• May 16, 2014 at 7:50 PM

sounds very funny, I see you have your creative knickers on

• May 16, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Brains but no knickers hey?

• May 16, 2014 at 7:49 PM

πŸ™‚ I see you get right to the point !

• May 16, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Just read this properly as was on the run esrlier well inspirational quote are easy bit review 30 docs in one day? Yikes! Don’t pickle your brain you might need it one day hehe haha x

• May 16, 2014 at 7:49 PM

yes I might indeed need it, you never know : ) however maybe less is more?

• May 17, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I vote for put feet up and enjoy a gkass of wine. Work can wait and so can we.

• May 17, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Hehe very true good thinking x

• May 17, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Glass, I meant glass!

• May 17, 2014 at 8:00 PM

thanks Stacey, that is a good vote, I fully endorse it πŸ™‚ hope you are having a wonderful weekend

• May 18, 2014 at 11:37 AM

πŸ™‚ I like being called stacey x haha

• May 18, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Really – you like a bit of variety then do you .) – I actually swear it showed up as a comment made by stacey to your comment, and I was thinking wow we now have a chat going on with a third voter….this is definitely not my internet weekend I shall stay away from all dangerous and important websites as much as I can to avoid further booboos……………

• May 18, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Lolol well Stacy did comment but you replied to me not her so it confused me at first as I was thinking you forgot my name but how is that possible? Then I realized your error and seized the opportunity to tease you x

• May 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM

LOL – very funny, tease away! I have just come back from a 4 hour walk which will hopefully result in my body being relaxed enough to entice my brain to leave the pickling jar where it’s hiding behind the knickers. Happy weekend to you Justine!!

7. May 16, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Justine- that looks like a super easy cake. I love recipes with a short ingredient list and the optional no waiting time :). I would just eat this without letting it set :p

8. May 16, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Ah Justine… this would put me into a food coma… coffee AND chocolate AND brown sugar? I would be useless for days. πŸ˜‰ I think it is so awesome that you cook with your boys. What a great skill you are teaching them, not to mention the bonding time. Happy Fiesta Friday!

• May 16, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Thank you Meghan haha I forgot it had coffee in it lol the kids shouldn’t eat that oh my!! I’m asking for trouble πŸ™‚

• May 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Lol… a little coffee shouldn’t hurt, especially if it wasn’t done on purpose. Oh sure, they get a little hyper, but kids are always hyper. I wouldn’t mind eating a couple of these myself. This is an excellent, easy recipe, Justine. I will have to try it. Wow, that’s a first. Cooking up electric odds n sods recipe. Haha…just kidding! Really is a great recipe! πŸ™‚

• May 17, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Haha if you read that sentence one could take it that you want to eat my kids lmao! And yes you cheeky so and so please do cook my food and tell me how you messed it up because it was too difficult for you and you simply are in awe of me now! πŸ˜€

• May 17, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Haha…I’m a kid-eating coffee and chocolate monster, run for your life, kids…especially if you’ve just had a little coffee. You’d taste so yummy for my tummy!! (in cookie monster’s voice). πŸ™‚

• May 17, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Starts to iron the straight jacket after having sewn in a name tape that says ‘Angie’ on it!!!

• May 17, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Angie what happened to Victoria I see her sites deleted? I thought she had been quiet but that’s a shock she didn’t say anything?

• May 17, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I was going to ask you! I am shocked, too. She didn’t mention a single thing. Maybe she’s moving to self-hosted. I really hope so. We had so much fun.

• May 18, 2014 at 7:31 AM

I’m shocked too she wouldn’t say anything I have emailed her and will let you know if she replies! I hate that about the blogosphere you make friends and they just go 😦

• May 18, 2014 at 7:52 AM

She just mailed back she deleted her blog as had no time for it and is traveling and taking a writing course 😦 shame she didn’t say! Still I hope she has fun x

• May 18, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Thanks for letting me know. I’m still shocked; we had so much fun! I hope she’ll re-consider and come back.

• May 18, 2014 at 11:41 AM

yes me too, I hope she keeps in contact … you will have to just put up with me now licking my wounds now she has gone, maybe I will write a sonnet on a broken heart!

• May 18, 2014 at 12:28 PM

We’ll cry together. Have you met Sue@Birgerbird? She is also from Zero to Hero. That’s how we met.

• May 18, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I know the name, im sure we have spoken, its just a shame when smoeone just goes that you have off blogging contact with and they dont tell you, so yes let’s cry together πŸ™‚

9. May 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM

looks and sounds amazing Justine!

10. May 17, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Uhhhhh this looks rich and I am feeling full just by looking at it πŸ˜€

• May 17, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Hah it is rich hence bite size pieces but worth it! πŸ™‚

• May 17, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Totally πŸ˜€

11. May 17, 2014 at 2:05 PM

ooh Justine, this looks fabulous & everyone in my family is “hardcore”, so I don’t fancy it lasting for long πŸ˜‰

• May 17, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Hah please let me know if you try it! It’s one of those things you eat and think oh boy not sure if I can manage then one min later you want some more hehe

12. May 17, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Rocky Choccy it is! Toot and Otto? How fun! I now feel left out though ‘cuz I thought I had all the games growing up!

Chocco comatose!

• May 18, 2014 at 11:37 AM

oh toot and otto is so simple yet great fun and over quickly hehe which is a bonus at least one can repeat but know its nto going to go on for daysx

13. May 18, 2014 at 4:16 AM

This is a recipe that will be infinitely hard for me to resist because it is so easy to do! I can start it before dinner and have it ready by the time the dishes are washed. Dangerous for my waistline, but I’m sure it is worth it once I have a chunk of this cake. Great job, Justine!

• May 18, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Oh I must say it’s addictive I have it in the fridge and keep dipping my hand in Urgh naughty naughty! Pol

14. May 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM

It would be dangerous to have this dessert in my refrigerator – I would always be looking for an excuse to open the door and just have a little taste. I like chocolate that has been refrigerated. πŸ™‚

15. skd
    May 19, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Hey! That’s a nice treat. Cooking with kids is always fun. Our thanks to your youngest one for a yummy delight 😘

• May 19, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Oh its great fun normally hehe, you will love the chocolate if your a choccie addict like me hehe x

16. May 20, 2014 at 4:17 AM

Hey, Justine, you wanna co-host FF17? Kinda short notice, I know, but it’s been hectic.

• May 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Hey there, this week is probably a bad week for me, I am out Sat day which is when most people post due to our diff time zones, I could do possibly next week though? x You need to let me know what is involved though if completely techy I might faint haha