Saturday morning fun fun fun!

e1e66999f898749ef7ea9ac1adfe12af

Seriously, have you not done this before?

You know you get those warnings that float about in the back of your mind.  Then you get someone elses email and you think “heck this could be the one, or I could be missing something interesting” .

It is like not opening a letter if it arrives through the letterbox, it’s hard or not answering the phone.  Actually not answering the phone is really easy for me, I am apt at ignoring it.  However when did you last get a letter through the post, a nice letter I mean, not a brown envelope?

Have you stared at the screen and worried about opening an email attachment?

Justine-Not Transparent

Lets keep in touch!

Lets keep in touch!

24 comments for “Saturday morning fun fun fun!

1. Lainey
    May 17, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Pandoras’ Inbox! Love that lol xx

2. May 17, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Oh yes, one more thing I practice disciplining myself not to do. It seems there are so many things to see, do, try, learn, that if I don’t inject some sort of rules into my day, everything gets away from me. I only open certain things and I have to be pretty confident that I know who they are from and what they are, because even friends get their e-mail hacked and then *(^*&%&^$$ goes your computer. My son and my best friend both work on computers for a living and I do not want to visit them with my virus infested lap top. I know what happens then. They peel it from my gripping hands. Say they will fix it. Start pressing buttons. Things get erased. Things get reloaded. Things change. And then, the words, “give me another hour, few hours, day, several days”, and life will be over until it is returned. Even when it is returned, it takes a week for it to get over its snit because I walked away and it takes me a week to figure out what other things they have implanted so I can delete them again.
    I force myself to only read my e-mail once or twice a day unless I am expecting something important; otherwise, I would sit here in a trance, staring at the box, waiting for a number to come up and let me know something (usually junk mail) has arrived. Finally, I have learned, both with e-mail and snail mail, that I do not have enough time to waste reading junk mail in hopes I may miss something – I can actually dump it without even opening it. A huge accomplishment for me.
    Now the phone is another matter. I am just taking baby steps on not answering it. It doesn’t ring often, so it could be important. I am learning both to screen them first, and to tell telemarketers I am not interested what so ever, goodbye.

• May 17, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Lmao Omggg did you draw breath when you wrote that omg Lolol! Well now I think maybe I shouldn’t have found it so funny because maybe you are being serious but then I don’t think so (hopes not or I am in trouble) lol! That was fabulous oh gosh well I think maybe someone else should monitor your malls it might be less stressful and perhaps get two computers incase one breaks then you have a backup? Lolok

• May 17, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I am a crone. I am eccentric. Of course I have two, one upstairs and one downstairs. I love it when I make someone smile.

3. May 17, 2014 at 4:41 PM

cool

4. May 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM

When I get an email and don’t recognize the name I wonder if it’s someone I forgot… or someone from church or ?? but if I really don’t think so I delete it or send it to ‘junk’ as most times it is ‘phishing’ and if I even open it… they’ve hooked me… Diane

• May 18, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Yes luckily my email seems to filter most things but I’ve had tonnes of friends hacked it’s scary it really is! Sometimes they can take over a friends mail and send it and pass on a virus that way x

5. May 18, 2014 at 5:54 AM

That’s a cautionary picture that my mother should’ve seen before opening an email a few days ago and getting a virus in her laptop because of it…

But thank you for reminding us of snailmail, actually the only nice things I get this way are brown envelopes with books, so it’s pleasant for me 🙂

• May 18, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I love snail mail hehe

• May 18, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Usually!

• May 18, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Amazon loves me!

• May 18, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Amazon loves me only when I pay it well — you wouldn’t believe how expensive the posting costs can get when you pick the express shipping (sometimes I need the book fast)… It’s quite often costlier than the book itself.

• May 18, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I just bought two books yesterday in the charity shop!

• May 18, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Charity shops are excellent, I haven’t seen any such thing here, but I shopped for books in one when in Scotland and I loved the idea!

• May 18, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I found a huge book, called “Erotic Art” vols 1 and 2, it goes through the ages and all different countries, its erm a bit wow

• May 18, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Is your mothers laptop ok?

• May 18, 2014 at 2:02 PM

My mother is ok, not so much her laptop, I’ll need to scold her (I told her thousand times about safety on the internet!), but meanwhile I’ve got her a number for her nearest computer service 🙂

• May 18, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Promise me if you ever decide to just quit blogging you will let me know first it is a condition for my fragile heart!

• May 18, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Your poor heart! I promise that if I ever decide to quit blogging, I shall write an elaborate four-week notice in advance! But that’s not on the agenda now 🙂