Macro Monday – We had a fine gentleman to stay!

A snail’s adventure

002 007 Thank you for viewing as always, your comments are my pleasure! Β© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com Justine-Not Transparent

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

Justine xx

33 comments for “Macro Monday – We had a fine gentleman to stay!

1. May 26, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I used to love snails as a kid, my Mum would despair every time she caught me at the bottom of the garden covered in them lol. I still think they’re pretty cute now πŸ™‚ xx

• May 26, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Hah that’s funny so you had a snail costume but real? I don’t tend to touch then unless they are erm going to live elsewhere (coughs) they do tend to eat the plants which isn’t good x

2. kentuckygal50
    May 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Hey, he even brought his room with him so you didn’t have to make up the spare bed! :O)

• May 26, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Lol true snails are considerate like that awe I wish he had stayed now might have made a nice pet! My mum however would have cooked him with garlic

3. nikkiharvey
    May 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Great photos! I’ve tried to photograph snails but most the snails where I am seem to be nocturnal so I can rarely get good light for a photo. They are great subjects though since they don’t move fast enough to just end up a blur haha

• May 26, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Hah yes true about the moving he actually was quite fast for a snail was probably my lenses freakong him out. The tricky bit for me was getting down low enough to get a good shot πŸ™‚ xx

4. May 26, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Beautiful photos!

5. May 26, 2014 at 9:07 PM

They are strange, slimy, beautiful and intriguing all at the same time!

6. May 26, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Ahhh, too close for comfort!!

7. May 27, 2014 at 7:06 AM

I like snails, I don’t like slugs. Thanks for a great photo of a snail, not a slug.

• May 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Lol I hate slugs. One got in where the dogs sleep and are their food omg it was longer than my hand I nearly passed out!

• May 28, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Your experience sounds very yucky! That is one big slug you had as a visitor.
        When I lived on the west coast of Canada, there were banana slugs, so called because they looked like slithering bananas!
        My husband woke up with one next to his pillow!

8. May 27, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Yikes! Now I’m fainting! Btw, gimme your email once again. Thanks.

9. May 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM

When I was very little,I remember taking great joy in putting salt on them! (People don’t like them in their gardens).
    Did you ever eat one? I wonder what they taste like… πŸ™‚

• May 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM

yes salt on slugs is good i dont remember that for snails, i prefer snails to slug. Slugs are urgh, make me feel sick. I think i ate a proper snail once ie the type that is meant to be cooked with garlic, they are kinda like rubber dosed in garlic not great in my minds eye and urgh well its the whole concept puts me off x

10. May 27, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I love snails! Found a lovely slug today. Like you though I wouldn’t really want to touch! Great photos πŸ™‚

11. May 28, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Hi is so beautiful – thanks to your amazing photos!
    I used to keep snails in a big box in the kitchen… until my father found out!
    Emma πŸ™‚

• May 28, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Hah ewe yes I don’t think I would
      Collect but a passing visit was nice lol

12. May 29, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I LOVE the snail pictures. In 4th grade…. in Germany……. I used to slip under the school yard fence during recess so I could look for snails in the woods. I still remember coming back into the school yard and seeing my 4th grade teacher, and my mother who was also a teacher there, watching me. Whoops.

• May 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM

you know from the comments it seems a lot of children had a thing about snails, i reallllly did not hah, urgh, slimy, yuk but at time the odd one is nice, but they do wreck gardens though x He was a polite gentleman visited then moved on!

• May 29, 2014 at 1:19 PM

I still am intrigued by snails. We have them in Seattle but there are not a lot of them. What is most abundant here are slugs. And they definitely wreck havoc in the garden. They can be so small you can barely see them to around 4 inches! It is strange that I do not have the same feeling about them as I do for the snails.