Bastets Pixelventures ~ Macro Time!

Macro Photogrpahy

Macro photography be it a new discovery is one of my favorite styles.

I decided to share with you my walk today, accompanied by both my boys & Teddy using my iPhone.

It was a tricky affair juggling the dog on a lead attached to a bike attached to a child.  At one point we had a dog powered bike and my eldest was whizzing around at quite a speed.  We walked 2 miles all in all which for me is good!

I hope you will delight in viewing these shots as much as I enjoyed immortalizing mother nature.

There are a couple of non macro shots, one of the long path through Richmond Park where we went.  The tree that my youngest all climbs up on to which I love and also a muddy bike shot, it really was a messy affair.

The first picture of the white flower caught my eye as it really looked like a butterfly upon fleeting glance.

I have numbered each shot, if you click the first they will all enlarge in to a gallery, perhaps you might pick your favorite?  A poll is underneath, I do love my polls a bit of fun hey? ‘grins’

Taken in response to – Bastets Pixelventures – macro shots.

Thank you for viewing/reading as always.

© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Justine6

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

41 comments for “Bastets Pixelventures ~ Macro Time!

1. May 28, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Difficult to pick just one favourite. A beautiful collection.

2. May 28, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Did you take all these yourself?! You’re pretty good!

• May 28, 2014 at 1:34 PM

hehe yes, with my iphone which isnt particularly great x

• May 28, 2014 at 1:42 PM

And with your iphone? Huh. It takes better pictures than my camera.

3. May 28, 2014 at 1:27 PM

They are all so pretty, i had a hard time picking a favorite but the little mushroom is so delicate. They are all beautiful, Justine. Glad you felt well enough to get out!

• May 28, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Thank you sammy, i forced myself but glad i did it, was lovely, I like the mushroom and water droplets x Ps we zentangled the other day hehe x

• May 28, 2014 at 1:47 PM

🙂 I have been tangling too 💗💥💖

4. May 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM

beautiful images 🙂

5. May 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM

I adore the one of your son up the tree, it’s beautiful. How’s the nose doing now? xx

• May 28, 2014 at 2:09 PM

hah I love it when he climbs up there 🙂 Well erm had a couple of accidents, ie forgetting it was there, last night some tissue when i was dabbing my face neary ripped it completely out, it was hanging down my nose ouch ouch it really did hurt. I pushed it back in. I am finding a challenge with the bit inside is sometimes falling down and can be seen just below my nostril which isnt great esp as I have an interview next Tuesday with AGE UK lol think they will approve haha…oh well. I will just take a cotton bud and keeping pushing it up, hopefully they wont think im some coke fiend who has nostril problems 😉

6. May 28, 2014 at 2:49 PM

What a beautiful collection of photos! I love them all! Beautiful place to rest my eyes today! 😀

7. petra08
    May 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM

beautiful pics. I love my macro lens 🙂

8. Bhakti
    May 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM

You took ALL of these with the Iphone? Seriously?
    Loved each one of them!! 😀

9. May 28, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Lovely photos, all of them. Great idea to have a poll, shame you can only choose one! Looks like you all had a nice walk out in the park. 🙂

10. May 28, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Stunning photos – and I love the survey!
    Emma 🙂

• May 28, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Hah thank you glad you liked bring back memories? I wrote a blog on living in east sheen you will see lots of Richmond park on there hehe x

11. May 28, 2014 at 11:33 PM

All wonderful shots, I especially love all those that show the water droplets, I think thats fantastic. I also liked the yellow road picture a lot! 🙂

• May 29, 2014 at 10:05 AM

yes reminds me of the yellow brick road and I am a fan of that as a childhood memory I have a thing now about red shoes lol

12. May 29, 2014 at 12:09 AM

What an amazing walk. All of the pictures are beautiful. I picked #7 as my favorite!

• May 29, 2014 at 10:06 AM

hah thank you, he loves climbing up that tree every time, i asked him to pretend he was superman lol

13. May 29, 2014 at 3:46 AM

A lovely gallery of photos! I really like them all of course and it’s hard to make a single decision…but as I’ll have to choose among the macros next week, today I’d like to choose something different…the lovely picture of your son with his bike and dog! Thanks for your generous contribution to the prompt!

• May 29, 2014 at 10:08 AM

awe thank you it was a pleasure, i love macro so was very excited. It also forced me to go for a lovely walk x

• May 29, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Which is a very good thing…I also find that photography is a good “excuse” to go for a walk!

14. May 29, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I loved too many too hard to choose but I still chose 8.

• May 29, 2014 at 10:09 AM

hah thank you, i had to get really low down for that one and a wet leg, it was tiny! 🙂

15. May 29, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Love all the macro shots. And the shot of the path with the tree at the end too. You sure know how to work that iPhone camera very well. I struggle to take good photos with a phone as my hand shakes all over the place 🙂

• May 29, 2014 at 10:10 AM

oh i have a terribly shaky hand which is worse with my ‘proper’ camera, the iPhone is handy though, sometimes the other weighs too much if out and about walking, thank you for your lovely comments it was a fun walk xx 😉

16. May 29, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I voted for 7,the one with your kid on that sort of bark.
    He looks very tiny in the picture and the sky adds a dramatic touch to it.And the green background is breathtaking.Yep,a very good picture!!

I also liked 5 with the droplets of water and the reflection in them.7 too is superb!!
    That place you went to looks very beautiful! 🙂

• May 29, 2014 at 10:12 AM

yes I love 5 too, just like jewels but i love macro and water droplets so a no brainer for me, it was pure pleasure, one of the advantages of rain. My son always climbs up that tree and was pretending to be superman lol, 😀

17. May 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I love pics 1-5, i have been interested in macro photography myself, but have not ventured into it yet, nice job:)

• May 31, 2014 at 7:58 AM

thank you its one of my favs and easy to get in to, once you do going for a walk will never be the same hehe x

18. June 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Great job, Justine! I love them all and #5 is my fav!