Macro Monday ~ A ‘fun guy’ meets us at the Park!

Fungi

I know this is not my usual ‘pretty’ macro Monday, but heck macro should be all kinds of things right?  Photography can invoke all kinds of emotions.  Well I have to say when I saw this fungi on the tree when I went to Richmond Park on Saturday the emotion it invoked was one of horror and disgust LOL.

It is the biggest bit of fungi I have seen, but then perhaps I lead a sheltered life.  It literally looked like some gaping wound gushing out pieces of rotten flesh, yuk!

There was a more yellow piece growing up at the top which almost ‘semi’ could be in my mind considered ‘alright’.  A sort of fluted top with a yellow colour.

Then below was this monstrosity which had pieces literally falling off!

Inbetween however was a hole on the tree, I peeked through because I am nosy and took a photograph and in my ‘fairy mind’ I see a little rainbow peeking through from the second hole at the top of the main hole in to the depths of whatever it held inside.

I would love to know what emotions these pictures invoked in you! hehe

Top Fungi

Hole with rainbow

115

Then the monstrosity below!

117 120

If you want to see some of my more ‘pretty’ macros you might want to go to this post = Bastet’s Pixelventures ~ Macro Photography

I put a poll in this post and it appears that my firm favorite, No 5 has come up trumps as a winner!

As always thank you for reading/viewing, do you have any fun guy experiences? hehe

Justine-Not Transparent

Lets keep in touch!

Lets keep in touch!

24 comments for “Macro Monday ~ A ‘fun guy’ meets us at the Park!

1. June 2, 2014 at 6:32 AM

You had me laughing! Wow, that thing is big!!

• June 2, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I know! freaked me out, really it did, I was like wooooaaaah! Keep away children from THAT

• June 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Hahaha!

2. June 2, 2014 at 7:04 AM

No words can tell you how much beautiful is your page, just amazing.

3. Lainey
    June 2, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Weird stuff but awesome photos! 🙂

• June 2, 2014 at 10:40 AM

haha I like weird sometimes, i found more weird today, oh sheesh,Richmond Park is full of weird stuff! x

4. June 2, 2014 at 11:07 AM

My word, this looks like something out of the dark ages :). Brilliant photography! You mean you had time to go to the Park after all that co-hosting this past weekend? You guys did an outstanding job. Where is Richmond Park btw?

• June 2, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Richmond Park is in the SW area of London, its a 10 min walk from where I live 🙂 it is one of the Royal Parks so we are really lucky and I love it there, went back again today hehe trying to get fit in some way. Was great co hosting, really fun! xx Thank you for your compliments on the photo 🙂 I wasn’t sure what reaction i would get haha

• June 2, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Ahh good to know, I used to live and work in London – just couldn’t remember Richmond Park. I’ll have to look for it when I visit my folks in England this summer. Wonderful that you live so close to it….royal parks eh? Will you be seeing Her Majesty in her royal jeep trawling the grounds? 🙂

5. June 2, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Ha Ha loved your “Fun Guy” pun :-). The first two pictures look like a giant squash blossom, but I’m sure it doesn’t in person. Fungi are fascinating (altho icky) – like snorkeing over reefs witout the water!

• June 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM

hah yes, so is that what it is, a squash blossom? You see i really have no idea about names. it just looked like it was rotting, really yuk like dead skin falling off in chunks from someones body, bleh! But yes fascinating lol x

6. June 2, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Ok, yuck, I can see the barfness of it. However, being fascinated by this kind of stuff I really like that first shot. You caught it without it’s grossness. And actually the last shot is quite pretty if you didn’t know where it came from. I like your play on words too.

• June 2, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Hah thank you 🙂 I just left you a long comment re me trying to get to your web page I hope you got it xx

• June 2, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I did! I got distracted by this post… lol. I’m reading your RMoD next.

• June 4, 2014 at 7:25 AM

🙂 I thought it quite fun, and yes if you didn’t know what it was one might think it quite interesting hehe, the top one was ‘almost’ pretty in an upside down skirt kind of way lol

7. June 3, 2014 at 5:01 AM

It’s aliiiiiiive!

8. June 3, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I love fungus! Great photos 🙂 The second one is my favourite and I’m sure I can see a half man half tiger in there! 😉