Random Moment of Delight #23 – I got arty fingers!

Random Moment of Delight #23

As I write this post my 8 yr old is singing and dancing to the following song:

Yellow Diamonds in the light by rihanna and that is another Random Moment of Delight LOL, very funny and heartwarming to see.

So yesterday I had a bit of time and instead of being attached to the computer or tidying up which I might add is much needed, I decided instead to sit down with my youngest and do some ‘art’.

I have always loved pencil drawing/sketching and was going to sketch my son as he painted but he moves around faaaar too much so decided the dogs were ‘sitting ducks’ excuse the pun.  They were happily snoring away in their basket, my frenchie’s face was rather obscured as it tilted down and away but hopefully you can make out at least a ‘dog’ in there.

003

Meanwhile I did a very light sketch for my son and he coloured it in with watercolour paints, I was actually pretty impressed how he kept within the basic structure.  We are going to work on this a little more, but it’s going well so far! hehe

006

Last but not least I did some zentangling and was obviously feeling the lurve!  SammyD from Bemuzin introduced me to zentangles they are so relaxing and meditative.

004

I also wanted to say I really was thrilled at Meghans Random Moment of Delight’s post this Sunday, she highlighted how easy it is to get addicted to blogging and lose sight of what one initially started to do and or lose time through blogging to do the things one really should be doing as a hobby, ie concentrating on one’s art if that is what you do.

When I got back from Devon at Easter, I set aside Fridays to do ‘art’ and so far havn’t done anything apart from yesterday.  I don’t blame it all on blogging and blogging in fact has brought me much, especially with encouraging comments from my readers in this area and others, so it’s just getting a happy medium, pooling everything in that is important and delegating and finding the time to do as much as possible as well as of course completely nothing 🙂

I hope you like the ‘art’ and thank you for reading/viewing xx

©  Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Justine-Not Transparent

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

19 comments for “Random Moment of Delight #23 – I got arty fingers!

1. June 8, 2014 at 1:25 PM

They’re fabulous! I especially like the dog picture-too cute!! 🙂 xx

2. June 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM

All very charming art :-). I *lurve* your hearts . Most of us probably struggle to balance time for our own thoughts, art and writing vs. reading/following/commenting on all the other fabulous blogs. I’m trying to block certain days for me and certain days to read others, but so far I read every day which I hope isn’t just an excuse for me not practicing my own writing!

• June 8, 2014 at 6:25 PM

yes very true, sometimes we don’t even realize what we are doing until forced to have some time off and take stock of things xx

3. June 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Very nice pictures Justine 🙂

4. June 8, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Ooh, so pretty! I love the watercolour 🙂

5. June 8, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Those are so cute. I collect hearts so I really loved that one!

• June 8, 2014 at 6:26 PM

awe thank you i have a thing about hearts too have them all over the house 😀

6. June 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I livd all of the sketches Justine!

7. June 8, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Aw, thanks for mentioning my post Justine. I most certainly do see a dog or two in the pic, and cute ones at that. My BFF also loves Zentangle, I haven’t tried it yet. Oh dear, how can you set aside Fridays for art when it’s Fiesta Friday in the Blogasphere! 😮 (just kidding) It’s all about finding that happy medium as you say so well. Thanks for being such a great friend Justine! xoxoxo

8. June 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM

You draw pretty well! 🙂

• June 9, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Awe thank you I havnt really drawn for years but used to love to I would like to be less rusty at it! 🙂

9. June 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM

How do you find time for more than one blog? I tried, but I can barely keep up with one blog. Does my art suffer from my blog? I write poetry. I recently decided to take it off of my blog. Now I don’t seem to spend as much time writing. Blog prompts for poetry helped give me discipline. I love your sketch of your dogs(?) That your son painted. 🙂

• June 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Hah yes blogging is time consuming and I barely do have time for sure. The pencil sketch is mine of the dogs the orange dragon is my 8 yr olds and the zentangle me 🙂 prompts can really help to inspire one xx