Bastets Pixelventures – Perspective!

You will see from my last Bastets Pixelventures – Looking Up, that I attempted to go to Syon Park which was an unsuccessful trip as it was closed.

However I did get to take some what I call ‘atmospheric’ pictures of various buildings attached to Syon Park and the main house itself.

This weeks challenge is the following – Bastets Pixelventures – Perspective

Perspective

So when you look at this picture, does it not seem that the Castle Keep against the straighteness of the tree close up is very wonky?

036

You will see now that in fact it is straight, it is odd how perspective can throw one off balance. Β You will have to excuse my sons foot that has crept in to the side of this picture, I was tempted to cut it out but then would a) lose some lovely cloud and b) lose a bit of fun.

037

This picture below might look quite ordinary and is in most ways, except that for me, there is no reality as to how far I actually was from the trees when lying down. Β From my perspective it looks like there is much layering and that in fact I am a huuuuge distance away, the tops of the trees positively mind blowingly far away LOL, in fact they were rather close.

042

When did you last lose perspective on something or find perspective tricking you visually in some way?

As always thank you for reading and viewing, Justine xx

Lets stay connected!

Lets stay connected!

39 comments for “Bastets Pixelventures – Perspective!

1. Lainey
    June 18, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Weird, lol! I’ve took photos that I thought were straight until I download them and it doesn’t make sense how wobbly things can look from different angles πŸ™‚ You’re getting all the best clouds this week as well Justine! x

• June 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM

hehe, shall i share some with you lainey? clouds that is ho ho…..I think I am in a crazy mood today must settle down… πŸ˜€

• Lainey
        June 18, 2014 at 10:11 AM

lol….we’ve got plenty of clouds, just dark grey ones!!! x

• June 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM

awe shame, but sometimes that can be pretty dramatic when a slither of sunshine comes through πŸ˜€

2. June 18, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Lovely post Justine. I liked how you played with perspective, both literally and figuratively. That first photo is cool. And you’ve got some lovely clouds too! Thanks for taking part in Pixelventures’ weekly challenge!

• June 18, 2014 at 10:43 AM

oh always a pleasure, glad I didn’t miss the one just been x

• June 18, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Me too…that was a great post, in fact you’ve been on a roll with the last three.

• June 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM

lol thank you…bows humbly….youve been on a naughty roll recently i noticed!

• June 18, 2014 at 1:04 PM

silly … I’m never ever naughty 😎

3. June 18, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Ooh, these are fun, Justine. I love a horizontal view of trees or clouds ( and photo-bombing feet!)

• June 20, 2014 at 7:16 AM

haha photo bombing you always manage to make me laugh x

4. June 18, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I love, love, love the last pictures, it is amazing. I think I might have stayed there forever πŸ˜‰ I am an expert on perspective so I challenge myself to find a new one each and every day πŸ™‚

• June 20, 2014 at 8:29 AM

haha you are an expert on perspective you really are and your enthusiasm for my photo really made me smile x

• June 20, 2014 at 3:14 PM

I always am grateful when I can bring a smile to someone’s a face! That really was an awesome picture πŸ˜‰

5. June 19, 2014 at 4:03 AM

That was fascinating. Especial the building that appeared to be leaning.

6. June 19, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I thought the challenge was long shot. Perspective is much better. I love the wonky castle. And I think the photo with your son’s foot is my favorite. If you didn’t tell me about it, I would have wondered why that foot is in the picture. I might actually think it was intentional to add humor. I did laugh. The clouds are beautiful. Nice photos πŸ™‚

• June 20, 2014 at 8:38 AM

hah i didnt see his foot until I was going to edit it, i did laugh so kept it in, he does do this thing though of jumping infront of shots or puttin ghis hand across when im about to take something which is really infuriating but this wasnt one of those cases x

7. June 20, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Love this post, Justine! the clouds actually look 3D and I am quite partial to clouds and sky shot:) That was pretty nifty with the castle appearing crooked…you put a lot thought to this….great job, kiddo!! πŸ™‚

8. June 25, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Nice collection. That is funny with your son’s foot. The clouds look almost painted in!

• June 25, 2014 at 3:16 PM

yes they do and he brought a book home about clouds, the shapes and what they mean but i still didnt figure it out lol

• June 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Oh but clouds are all interpretations… unless he had a book about stratus, cirrus etc clouds. That is trickier πŸ˜‰

• June 26, 2014 at 7:58 AM

hehe he had a book from school and you were meant to be abl to look at the cloudand tell from the book what the weather would be like a scientific book but totally over my head even though he is 8!!! lol

• June 26, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Yes it is tricky to tell the difference. I think many look the same. I almost had to teach it once to 6-7 year olds and was like WHAT? Too tricky. And pretty funny since in Shanghai it is usually cloudy.. a dull sky covering. No fluffy, or shaped clouds… so then it was really pointless.

9. June 25, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Hey, nice post! I’m Cameron and I’m very interested in fashion, style, and photography. I think you would enjoy my posts; I would really appreciate a follow back! Thanks!