Bastets Pixelventures – jazzing up photos with apps!

Bastets Pixelventures – jazzing up photos with apps!

Choose your app and play around even if you’re not usually one to fool around with apps .. this week give it a whirl and see what you can come up with!  So this week’s prompt isPlaying with Apps!  and I do mean play – have fun!

So here we go, I am a total app fiend, I love them and usually post pictures I have played around a lot with or just fun ones on my Instagram which you will see down the side of my blog or here:  Justine’s Instagram

Of course I was shouting a yippee and a yay when I saw this challenge and then realized I must not get carried away, so limited myself to not too many different ways to play with a photo.

I tried to find at least a semi interesting subject to play with and that is my youngest sat in a tree, curled up like the little monkey that he is!

I’ve written at the bottom of each photo roughly what I have done, and put a number apart from the original and would really like to know your favorite? 🙂

boy in tree

The Original photo unedited except for the frame

boy in tree grunge style

no. 1 this photo has been edited by a grunge app which I rather like!

boy in tree, skeleton style effect

no.2 This will be like marmite, either love or hate. I like this, it reminds me of the skeletons left when you pull out the middle of leaves, or the veins on an anatomy and physiology poster, yes I am weird LOL

Boy in tree watercolour style

no3. A classic watercolour application which is pretty

boy in tree, cartoon pencil drawing

no.4 This is a cartoon style application which I am meant to paint but havn’t.

cartoon of boy in tree

no.5 This is a different cartoon style which colours in automatically.

© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Thank you for taking a look, I hope you enjoyed! xx Justine

Which do you like best, take the poll and let’s see 🙂

50 comments for “Bastets Pixelventures – jazzing up photos with apps!

1. June 26, 2014 at 5:12 AM

You always make it too hard to choose!! So I went with the most unusual one. But I really like the watercolor. And tephe rest. I like them all. Can I have 5 votes?!? *wink. He is SO cute 😍💖💥

• June 26, 2014 at 8:00 AM

haha, your funny! Thank you he is rather cute, maybe impish but I am biased, he can be verynaughty too believe you me a right little monkey!

2. June 26, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Where can I get the app? X

• June 26, 2014 at 8:00 AM

which one? lol

• June 26, 2014 at 9:34 AM

All them!

• June 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Lol

• June 26, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Just been trying to look them up it doesn’t really show you the names when you have the actual ap one is called waterlogue I think, grunge, toon 🙂

3. June 26, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Just asking,how many kids do you have?

• June 26, 2014 at 8:01 AM

two! boys… 🙂 does it sound like i have a football team? lol

• June 27, 2014 at 5:23 AM

Haha,I don’t remember their faces,so whenever I see a pic of one of them,I think it’s the third or fourth boy! 😮

And given that you look young in your picture,I,at times,completely forget that you’re married and mother to two!

• June 27, 2014 at 11:30 AM

awe thank you for the compliment, its just a good picture lol, maybe year -2 yrs old! And yep just two boys, thats enough!! 🙂

4. June 26, 2014 at 8:24 AM

The watercolour one is just stunning! I’d print that out and frame it missus and then claim you painted it yourself! lol xx

• June 28, 2014 at 5:50 PM

haha your sneaky you are missus…sheesh…better watch out for yah! huggles xx

5. June 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Oh I love that no3 😮 😀

6. June 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I like number 1 and the watercolor picture. Adorable picture anyway you look at it

7. June 26, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I like one and four. I have used that grunge app on snapseed, but how did you get it to look like 2 photos together?

• June 27, 2014 at 11:28 AM

its just part of the app 🙂 apps are so clever aren’t they? hehe, almost don’t need photoshop

8. June 29, 2014 at 11:35 PM

The watercolor is so pretty!

9. June 30, 2014 at 6:26 AM

What great images…all of them of course I love the 3rd best cos I love watercolours. I could not put any apps on my Surface 2 tablet except photoshop…I have to call and complain cos only Microsoft apps and software can be downloaed on it…bummer…I would have bought the Samsung like my phone. So if I need ideas, I know where to go for help:) xx

• June 30, 2014 at 10:24 AM

hehe yes I am the hap queen lol, thats a real bummer, but photoshop is very cool i dont think i could have that on my phone or tablet so your lucky in one way x

• June 30, 2014 at 11:13 AM

I don’t unless I buy it:( I GB Picasso and monkey on my laptop…that’ll do. I have Kb Benny waiting AD clinic to open at 8 to give name then come back AD 3.30 to see doctor..grrrrr

• June 30, 2014 at 11:16 AM

yikes busy day, those days when you feel you achieve nothing right?

• June 30, 2014 at 11:26 AM

IM gonna register here then cross the bridge to Montreal n see if I can see a doctor there.

10. July 2, 2014 at 4:06 AM

I don’t know how it happened but I only saw your lovely post this morning! You did a really fantastic job here and I loved seeing your mind at work! A great idea the voting box, though actually I think each photo had it’s particular merit so makes choosing hard. But I always to choose in the end 🙂 ! Thanks for participating Justine! A real credit to Pixelventures!

• July 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

ah yes that was my fault i forgot to put the link in the comments section, but glad you like. I have tonnes of photo apps, too many in fact, half I don’t use, but if you want advice on specific looks and I think an app i have does that just shout out! 🙂

• July 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM

.glad I did find you, you did a splendid post …maybe you could write something about some of those the apps and how they work. sure sounds interesting.

• July 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

ps thank you for your lovely words, relaly made me smile x

• July 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM

🙂 you’re very welcome.

• July 4, 2014 at 2:49 PM

🙂

• July 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM

BTW … did you see this mornings Post on We Drink? I’m asking if you all wouldn’t mind allowing the photos I choose on the Photofinish be voted on and the most popular be used on the Friday Flash Fiction prompt.

• July 4, 2014 at 2:58 PM

oh i didn’t i am soooo behind but no of course not, vote away hehe xx hugs thanks for asking x

11. July 2, 2014 at 5:47 AM

I voted number one but also love number three, its a great photo!

• July 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM

thank you for looking, i love playing around with aps 🙂 I can’t use photoshop so its a good alternative for phone use x

12. July 2, 2014 at 5:47 AM

These are amazing. Your son is beautiful/handsome in all forms. I liked #5 best although I don’t know why. It called to me!

Which app did you use? I did mine on the computer so haven’t looked at any of the android apps yet. Recommendations would be welcome.

• July 2, 2014 at 11:40 AM

oh thank you for such lovely words, I like all too it would be hard for me to chose without chosing the original.

Have the kids gone home yet?

• July 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM

No. They are still on Amma’s North American tour. Right now they are on the east coast. When it is over they are going to come home, for the first time.

They are coming back to take their dad on a bucket list trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. He wants me to come too. I’m concerned about my BP and the altitude but I want to do part of it, so am going only to the Grand Tetons.

That trip is a trip he and I took in 1975 when Sreejit was still in a back pack!

• July 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM

oh that will be amazing doing that, all of you and i understand your concerns, but you know your limits. Will be nice to have them back with you for a bit too i expect xx

• July 4, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Yes, it will be nice to have them back for awhile longer! I think the last time I had trouble with altitude I wasn’t on medication, so I’m thinking it should be okay. I’m going when we are staying at Jackson Lake which is the lowest point, but that is definitely not low. Seattle is at sea level and Jackson Lake is around 6700 feet if I remember right. It will be a learning experience! 🙂