Macro Monday – An English rose for anyone?

Macro Monday – An English rose for anyone?

I think there is nothing better than looking at the beauty of an English rose, the soft petals, curling sometimes, heavenly if edged by droplets of dew or rain.

And then you get a bonus if you are really lucky and have a heavenly smell, there is surely not a better surprise when going on a walk?

All these roses have been photographed in East Sheen, London.

002 (3) 007 (2) 021 (2) 024

Do you have roses in your garden?

© Justine @ Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Lets keep in touch!

Lets keep in touch!

40 comments for “Macro Monday – An English rose for anyone?

1. August 11, 2014 at 5:45 AM

Wow really beautiful roses, thanks for sharing 😉

2. August 11, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I love it. I also love it that it seems to be raining all the time in Britain — you may not be in love with the rain, but it gives you a great chance for taking pictures of rain drops all over the place! I always have to wait for ages when I want to shoot rain 😦

• August 11, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Lol were a nation singing in the rain like gene Kelly!

• August 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Who was it frank Sinatra or gene Kelly who sang in the rain?

• August 12, 2014 at 9:10 AM

It certainly wasn’t me. My hair and rain hate each other, so I wouldn’t sing but wail in the rain.

3. August 11, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I do have roses in my garden, but they’re being overtaken by hibiscus! The roses are really only visible in Spring. 😦
    I prefer the hibiscus out there in the back, by the garden shed, (posted a picture of the white one on IG today) but eventually, when we get some fencing up front, I’d like to choose a lovely pink rose to line the fence. I’m feelin cottage rose-like 🙂
    I do so wish the previous owner had a concept of how to plant things for growth!

Roses are beautiful, although I think I prefer any color to red. The world seems saturated with red roses…

• August 11, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I love the peach tipped roses that have a creamier inside and if they smell good then I am in heaven hehe x

4. August 11, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Gorgeous! 😀

5. August 11, 2014 at 11:33 PM

I just love macro, I have to get a macro lens for my camera. Such fine clear detail, amazing and beautiful roses.

• August 14, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Thank you and how are the pugs? I has a dream I found a stray fawn one last night

6. C Monty
    August 13, 2014 at 12:50 AM

What a fun site. I love your photography. And your header photo is so much fun. A touch of sass. 🙂 I just wanted to say hello as I am now helping out with Obscured Dreamers site and am wandering to find new people to be inspired by. Just love this place. I wonder if I could get the madam of the domain to do something like this over on OD. Take Care.

• August 14, 2014 at 7:29 AM

Ahhh so your not OD? How come your writing her blog? Nice to meet you 🙂 I thought it odd as I saw her follow me recently and I thought we followed each other ages ago! Weord. Glad you like my blog. I’m on hols so have some easy post pre scheduled and will do some proper writing when I return x

• C Monty
        August 14, 2014 at 11:06 AM

OD is taking a much needed break and she wished for her blog to not go neglected. She used her smile and charm on me and how could I say no? It was either that or I said “Hey, do you want my less than adequate help?” I like that word. “Weord” May I ‘borrrow’ it, with proper recognition of the source of course. My, just the loveliest blog to visit.

• August 15, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Awe of course you may borrow it words are not mine to keep lol and one of many spell checks or typos I expect. I hope OD gets better soon please send her a hug from me x

7. August 13, 2014 at 2:07 AM

I love roses and the pictures are beautiful. I planted some in my backyard recently and I walk outside every day just to look at them 😉

• August 14, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Ah yes I would do that every day my blossoms have gone so I guess I wait til next year or go and sneak in some other gardens lol

8. August 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Beautiful. I’m not a mega fan of roses though and won’t have them in my garden after an older child swung me and my bare legs through the 40 or so bushes my Gran had in her garden when I was a kid. Tetanus in the bum and hours of picking thorns out of my legs with tweezers hardened me to their delights. Ouch!! xx

• August 14, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Oh my that’s horrible and did the older child get in trouble? I hope so….yikes…shivvers

9. August 14, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Beautiful!

Many years ago I had a rose bush that was dying. A friend asked if she could have it. She put the plant in her garden and it thrived. Each year she would give me the first rose. Your first picture reminds me of those roses!

• August 15, 2014 at 12:52 PM

That’s such a beautiful thing to happen a really warming story

• August 15, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Ps I have another bug hotel pic I took from my phone for you 🙂 it was from the organic farm I stayed in

• August 15, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Wonderful. I will use it in the next newsletter. I love followup stories/pictures. Feel free to write a paragraph or more to go with it if you like!

• August 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM

I put out a tiny bug hotel a friend made. I saw some mason bees going in and out of it so it is at least being used a little bit!

• August 18, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I keep asking my husband to make one at least if he would chop the wood I could get the kids to make one as a project

• August 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Maybe he will as fall approaches. I understand that that is when most bugs move in anyway. I would like to build a bigger one this fall too. The little one is only made from wood and I would like to make one that has all sorts of materials, such as straw!

• August 15, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Hah ok it’s a very rustic bug hotel I’m not sure how good the photos from my camera elsewhere will look but I will mail them to you when I get home 🙂 got some fun farm ones too most are on my Instagram 🙂 been trying to keep a holiday journal x

• August 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM

10. August 18, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Gorgeous!

11. August 23, 2014 at 1:58 AM

Thanks for letting me camp out in your blog for a little while today. I had a great time and tried to leave my campsite as good as when I arrived. I’ll be back!

• August 23, 2014 at 6:20 AM

Hah that is a great way to put it please camp away and come peruse often and chat often pleasure to have you here 🙂