Weekly photo challenge: silhouette

Weekly photo challenge: silhouette

Yesterday as part of our holiday and as a personal challenge to me we went up the Glastonbury Tor.

Wow it was windy and steep. Suffering from vertigo I had a few wobbly moments were my feet were glued to the ground in fear and I simply was paralyzed thinking if I lifted even a toe I was going to get swept off the side!

I didn’t though and it was well worth the traipse to get up there.

Here are some photos some which have a silhouette feel to them, some at the top, father and son in the doorway and at the bottom little urchins messing around!

IMG_7163.JPG

IMG_7179.JPG

IMG_7166.JPG

IMG_7162-0.JPG

8 comments for “Weekly photo challenge: silhouette

1. August 19, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Aw it looks like you’re having a fabulous time. I’m trying to find a day this week to take the kids to the seaside but the weather forecast keeps changing! Grrr! PS the bottom one is my favourite 🙂 xx

• August 19, 2014 at 9:16 AM

It’s great fun. We go to Swanage tomorrow so hopedully will get some beach and good weather. I really cannot tell how good the photos look as taken and edited on my phone so relieved they look ok. I love silhouette pics 🙂 hope you get your beach trip 🙂

2. August 19, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Great pictures.. Diane

• August 20, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Thank you the stone arch proved to be a wonderful frame x

3. August 19, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Such sweet photos of a breath-taking view. I’m so glad you were brave enough to see yourself through your scary challenge. I’m proud of you, and it’s a huge message to your sons about perseverance AND the importance of families doing things together, even when it’s sometimes hard. Kisses, hugs and applause, dear Justine.

• August 20, 2014 at 9:52 AM

Thank you what a lovely comment :-). It was a personal challenge of mine to get up there again so was very chuffed and it was amazing up there 🙂 you should visit if you get the chance ever xx

4. August 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM

We once got all the way to the “gates of Glastonbury” on a tour when we were called home, sadly. All these years I’ve wondered what it looked like, and now you have shown me. Thank you so much!

• August 27, 2014 at 4:31 PM

awe, well i have more pics, i took 1500 photos in two weeks i just need time to sort them so watch this space if you wish some more might pop up 😀 xx