Fiesta Friday #31 uh oh shrek gets wet!

Fiesta Friday #31

Fiesta Friday #31 uh oh shrek gets wet!

This week I got back from holiday, I hope you enjoyed the pre-scheduled 3 videos from the ‘Freak Show’ that I went to that I then brought back to the party for you!

Now I know they weren’t cooking but a party is a party right?  One of the main things a party needs is entertainment, so I bring a short snapshot of entertainment today that is from home, yes you got the right, from home and it is ‘shrek’ getting wet!

‘shrek’ is in fact my husband for those of you who are confused right now, but it is true he is in fact a human form of ‘shrek’ in not just visual ways, yes he has the ears, no I havn’t painted him green ‘yet’.  But Samantha from FarmerFarthing can in fact vouch for ear picking habits similar to ‘shrek’ as she met him not so long ago.

So he did the #ALSicebucketchallenge as it seems many people have and yes I hear you sigh, maybe it’s on overkill now for some, but I can assure you this is rather a funny one!  For those wondering yes we did donate too!

For a shrek who considers himself a man’s man, rough and tough he didn’t react quite as expected and this was probably not helped by the fact that my eldest decided to wreak revenge by not only pouring the water slowly but in batches.

Here you go!  Some entertainment.

Happy Fiesta Friday, I shall now enjoy eating some of your food, who is cooking what?  I promise to get cooking next week.

Justine x

© Justine Nagaur – Eclecticoddnsods.com & LivinginEastSheen.co.uk

42 comments for “Fiesta Friday #31 uh oh shrek gets wet!

1. August 29, 2014 at 9:53 AM

AAWWW, THIS IS THE SWEETEST THING EVER!! I’m so glad that you let us peek in the life of your family 🙂 And for a good cause!

• August 29, 2014 at 10:02 AM

hah thank you, well I hope at least it made you laugh! Oh yes and it’s cold water, we just discussed that didn’t we hehe, yikes! I couldn’t do it.

• August 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I couldn’t do it either! Anyway, it’s not a thing where I live. It’s likely to arrive here ages later or not at all.

2. August 29, 2014 at 10:11 AM

LOL aww poor Shrek!! That was seriously funny 😀

Thankfully, so far I have escaped this torture. It does make me wonder though, how many people participate without donating (it wouldn’t surprise me if quite a few did just that!) xx

• August 29, 2014 at 10:19 AM

yes I can imagine. I couldn’t do it because of my pain issues would set me off big time. I did get nominated however by someone who I had previously spent time explanining about my issues. I was surprised she had in fact nominated me. When I politely declined the bucket bit but said I had donated she didn’t take it well and pursued me to justify myself which I was quite upset about.

I actually think irrelevant of ones decision to do or not to do should be respected, if one nominates you have to accept peoples personal wishes. Plus the fact someone might not have a spare tenner to donate or it might not be their charity of choice etc, or they just simply might not want to do it.

Phew, rant over lol, wasn’t a rant at you just getting out my feelings brought about by my supposed ‘friend’ not accepting my decision xx

• August 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Rant away!

I totally agree with everything you’ve just said.

Plus I read an article recently about how this 1.5 billion pounds will end up just sat in a bank account because scientists can’t physically do any more research into the condition that’s already been/is being done.

I prefer to ‘spread the love’ personally. A friend and I were talking about splatting ourselves in the face with a cream pie instead-ala Mrs. Doubtfire stylee (should we get nominated) and donating it to MIND in remembrance of Robin Williams and to promote Mental Health Awareness.

It’s each to their own I reckon but your friend should’ve backed off. I can’t do it because of my dodgy heart (but I can do a cream pie!) 😀 xx

• August 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I like the idea of cream pie and something like MIND i wrote an article on them for Richmond Aid, a disability group i do some research for and they are amazing what they do! If you do it, make sure to record it and let me know lol….and yes…look after your heart! ❤

• August 29, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I promise i will dedicate a post to it should I receive a ‘pie’ in the face 😉 xx

• August 29, 2014 at 2:26 PM

lmao!!! winks

• August 29, 2014 at 2:26 PM

ps did you find a home for hubble?

• August 29, 2014 at 2:34 PM

He is leaving us for a farmhouse re-homing programme on the 8th September. No kennels will be involved and he gets to run free, chase rabbits and sleep in her house whilst he’s there 🙂 xx

• August 29, 2014 at 2:36 PM

oh thats good, feel relieved?

• August 29, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Definitely! I know Bubbs will have a ball there and the lady that runs it has really put my mind at ease xx

3. August 29, 2014 at 11:26 AM

I hope you had a great holiday, and thanks for sharing! I love the title of your post- too cute! Happy FF, and I’m bringing some lettuce wraps, so hopefully you enjoy. Have a wonderful weekend. 🙂

• August 29, 2014 at 2:26 PM

oooh i shall look forward to lokoing at your lettuce wraps!

4. August 29, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Too funny. You have a brave shrek on your hands there. Braver than i am, I’ll admit.

5. August 29, 2014 at 3:57 PM

The video was too funny Justine…loved watching it!

• August 30, 2014 at 4:47 PM

haha glad you liked it it was certainly an event!

6. August 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM

This sure made me chuckle!

• August 30, 2014 at 4:48 PM

hehe was funny! I must have watched it 20 times and still laugh

7. August 29, 2014 at 5:23 PM

LOL, laughing at your cold wet hubby. How cute and I love how your son poured that water in bits and pieces, prolonging the agony, LOL. Just did it myself and it was COLD!! Welcome back from holiday,

• August 30, 2014 at 4:48 PM

awe thank you for the welcome and yes i was surprised that my son did it in that way and he whiserped to me after mummy that felt so good!

8. August 29, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Hahaha Love it! I did the challenge the other day, I lucked out though because I don’t own a bucket! I just used one of my larger mixing bowls haha

• August 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM

haha i couldnt do it because of my pain issues would send me right off, i suppose something to be greateful for lol and thats rare!! good for you though 😀

9. August 30, 2014 at 2:48 AM

Glad you came by and brought us entertainment, and plenty to talk about.

• August 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM

hehe! It was fun to video and stay far away from it! I have a horrible suspicion someone might get a watergun out on me sometime soon!

10. August 30, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Welcome back:-) it was fun reading your post

11. August 30, 2014 at 4:12 AM

Welcome back from jolly holiday, and Shrek is a good sport and rather a funny one too:-). PS i wouldn’t do the bucket either ‘cuz of my neck!
    OUCH!

• August 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM

yes, i got nominated the other day and my friend got a bit upset with me and didnt really understand but hey ho, we donate and at the end of the day its freedom of choice isnt it, but shrek had erm great fun is that what i can call it? grins..great to speak again x

12. August 30, 2014 at 6:48 PM

welcome back, loved your video-poor shrek and guess your son enjoyed….good one..

13. August 31, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Aaw….that’s a brave, brave man! Good job, Shrek! It was the funniest ALS ice bucket challenge I’ve seen, LOL. Had a chuckle over it, thank you! 🙂