Oh my its blackberry ice cream with a difference!
Seeing that this is the first time I have ever made ice cream I do feel rather proud of myself, even if i say that myself which I know I am not supposed to. Now I need a gold star, or should I wait to see if you will give me a gold star?
So getting this blackberry ice cream ready involved sourcing the lovely little things who are copiously protected by thorns galore, I even ended up tearing my brand new scarf in the quest for this scrumptious delicasy.
This recipe was taken from Nigella Lawson
- 500 grams blackberries
- 75 grams caster sugar
- 30 ml water
- 300 ml whipping cream
- Put fruit in a pan with water & sugar.
- Cover & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Tip into a sieve over a bowl (plastic is best) and push through with a wooden spoon. Chill.
- Whip the cream until thick but still soft – it should fall from a spoon.
- Add the fruit puree, mix well & freeze for 2 hours.
- Mash with a fork or process it. Return to freezer.
- Repeat mashing after 2 more hours. Ready after a further 2 hours in the freezer. Serve with extra blackberries and (possibly) my home made ginger snaps.
So what do you think, will you try it?
Happy Fiestering and I hope your having lots of vino and champers and of course food, now to see what you all cooked up, always a treat for moi!
© Justine Nagaur, Eclecticoddnsods.com