Lamb, mint & butter beans served with pan fried garlic & rosemary potatoes with greens!
This is my first week of trying a non-wheat and non-dairy diet as recommended by my dietician.
It has been a trial especially for lunchtimes and trying to find nice non dairy cheese, wow well that is a challenge too!
So I found this first recipe, the lamb, mint & butterbeans which I got here – All Recipes
So now I am meant to have quarter of the plate full of meat or fish, another quarter full of carbs, the other half veg or salad.
Knowing my family & myself I admit that is going to be hard.
My eye wandered with this lamb recipe, thinking what carbs can I have with this and that is when I remembered Simplyvegetarian777’s pan friend garlic & rosemary potato recipe which you can find here – Simplyvegetarian777
Lamb, mint & butter beans
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 400g lamb leg steaks, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (500g) punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 (400g) tin of butterbeans, drained
- Large bunch of fresh mint
Prep:5min â€º Cook:25min â€º Ready in:30min
- Heat oil in a large pan, then brown the lamb over a high heat for 3 – 4 minutes
- Add sliced onion and cook until slightly softened.
- Sprinkle over some mint leaves, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occassionally. The tomatoes will start to cook down to make a sauce.
- Just before serving, stir in butter beans and cook until warmed through. Add the remainder of the mint leaves and serve.
I am not writing down the recipe/method from Simplyvegetarian777’s recipe as I always feel when I try another blogger’s recipe I would prefer you spend some time on their blog also 😉 The link is above, believe me the mix goes well.
I can happily say that both dishes were delicious, the potatoes being my favorite being a carb fiend!
Happy Fiesta Fridaying and I hope your partying hard!
© Justine Nagaur Eclecticoddsnsods.com