Lamb, mint & butter beans served with pan fried garlic & rosemary potatoes with greens!

Fiesta Friday #35

This is my first week of trying a non-wheat and non-dairy diet as recommended by my dietician.

It has been a trial especially for lunchtimes and trying to find nice non dairy cheese, wow well that is a challenge too!

So I found this first recipe, the lamb, mint & butterbeans which I got here – All Recipes

So now I am meant to have quarter of the plate full of meat or fish, another quarter full of carbs, the other half veg or salad.

Knowing my family & myself I admit that is going to be hard.

My eye wandered with this lamb recipe, thinking what carbs can I have with this and that is when I remembered Simplyvegetarian777’s pan friend garlic & rosemary potato recipe which you can find here – Simplyvegetarian777

Lamb, mint & butter beans

Ingredients

Serves: 4

• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 400g lamb leg steaks, cubed
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 1 (500g) punnet cherry tomatoes
  • 1 (400g) tin of butterbeans, drained
  • Large bunch of fresh mint

Method

Prep:5min  â€º  Cook:25min  â€º  Ready in:30min

1. Heat oil in a large pan, then brown the lamb over a high heat for 3 – 4 minutes
  2. Add sliced onion and cook until slightly softened.
  3. Sprinkle over some mint leaves, salt and pepper.
  4. Stir in the cherry tomatoes and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occassionally.  The tomatoes will start to cook down to make a sauce.
  5. Just before serving, stir in butter beans and cook until warmed through.  Add the remainder of the mint leaves and serve.

I am not writing down the recipe/method from Simplyvegetarian777’s recipe as I always feel when I try another blogger’s recipe I would prefer you spend some time on their blog also 😉  The link is above, believe me the mix goes well.

I can happily say that both dishes were delicious, the potatoes being my favorite being a carb fiend!

Happy Fiesta Fridaying and I hope your partying hard!

© Justine Nagaur Eclecticoddsnsods.com

36 comments for “Lamb, mint & butter beans served with pan fried garlic & rosemary potatoes with greens!

1. September 26, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Ooohhh… I’m so hungry now 😦 I normally don’t following cooking posts because I hate to look at food — I prefer devouring it — but this is a rather typically British dish that I miss a lot. Lamb is rare meat here, and I only used to eat it when I was in Britain (well, Scotland, specifically, but it’s still Britain…). So this recipe of yours brings pleasant memories 🙂

• September 27, 2014 at 12:06 PM

yes i love lamb too, slow cooked lamb. What is your traditional dish then?

• September 27, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Here’s a link to a pretty good description of Czech traditional cuisine, but the traditional meals are pretty disgusting to me and we cook international cuisine at home… http://www.prague.net/traditional-czech-food

• September 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM

haha this made me laugh Traditional Czech food is not exactly what one would call dietary, however it perfectly goes with the flavourful Czech beer.

there seem to be a lot of additions of alcohol with the food..wonder why lol

2. September 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Thanks for the shout out honey! I would pleasantly share your butter beans :).

3. September 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Looks delicious!

4. September 26, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Yum this dish sounds absolutely delicious!!

5. September 26, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Reading this at this time of day has made me seriously hungry! xx

• September 27, 2014 at 12:08 PM

hehe I get that with Fiesta Friday I have to chose carefully when i read the posts x

6. September 26, 2014 at 6:14 PM

These dishes look great! I’m a carb fiend, too, but have been replacing bread, potatoes and pastas with healthier alternatives like beans and just loading up on veggies. That said, I would probably still have a heaping serving of potatoes with the lamb!

• September 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Yes I love potatoes, would be mis without them and normal pasta! It feels odd being on this diet never get that really full feeling no matter howmuch i eat, five more weeks to go!

7. September 26, 2014 at 7:03 PM

This looks great! I love lamb!

• September 27, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Hello Sarah, so lovely to see you and thank you, i do too. I saw Jamie Olivers slow cooked pulled lamb cottage pie it was amazing x

8. September 26, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Wonderful, love lamb and look at all those great veggies!

9. September 27, 2014 at 5:08 AM

I love all the food you’re bringing to the fiesta this week! How’s the nondairy cheese hunt coming?! Have a wonderful weekend!

• September 27, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I found one through Waitrose, lactofree cheese, it actually tastes of cheese, i am soo scared to see what they actually put it in it though to make it taste like that hehe. America seems to be have a far wider variety of even things like nut cheese! I am jealous

10. September 27, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Happy Fiesta Friday, Justine! This looks fabulous. It amazes me how beautifully a person can eat when they’re delivered the news from their doctors or dietitians that they need to give this up, or that up. I think even 10 years ago, that might have been a definite blow to a person…but so many people have stepped up and come up with some really awesome substitutions. Who needs wheat and dairy when you can have this gorgeous meal? LOVE this. Printing up the recipe. ❤

• September 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Yay thank you for your lovely words. Yes this is for 6 weeks I am trying it and writing a diary. it is a weird feeling on this diet, one doesn’t really feel full yet has eaten alot. I do miss pasta but my morning croissants more, that tempts me big time hehe x

11. September 27, 2014 at 4:48 PM

What a beautiful meal! I too love those carbs, but potatoes aren’t refined so as long as they aren’t swimming in fat, they are a great food to eat.

12. September 28, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Good luck with the restricted diet. Your meal is fantastic, You didn’t miss out on anything, I remember Sonal’s potatoes, great recipe and perfect with your lamb and butter beans (butter beans are one of my very favorite things)

• October 1, 2014 at 3:29 PM

i am getting there diet wise, i did cheat and had a falafel wrap today omg i had to x

13. September 29, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Really is a fabulous meal, Justine! I wish I had dinner with you! Now, who was it who said she didn’t cook? It wasn’t you, was it? 🙂

14. September 29, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Oh my gosh! The butter beans, the potatoes and greens …I am in heaven with just that right there! I have never tried lamb but it sounds and looks delish as well. What a wonderful meal you prepared! Love it!

15. October 7, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Oooh, love that you made one of Sonal’s dishes! YUM!

• October 7, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Heh it was my best friend Jackie’s dish but I’m sure similar to sonal xx

• October 7, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Why did I read that it was from Sonal? Oh it is too late and past my bedtime!!

• October 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM

haha yus you are feeling sleep you really are!! xx