Fiesta Friday slow cooked lamb oh yum!
Slow cooked lamb with potatoes and veggies
serves 6 (I’d say 4) 8 hours on low for the slow cooker
- 1kg shoulder of lamb – bone in
- 3tbsp chopped rosemary – think I used 1 1/2 rosemary and
- 1 1/2 thyme
- 2 onions quartered
- 1 head of garlic cut in half horizontally
- 2 tomatoes halved
- 6 waxy potatoes quartered – or as many as you can fit in
- I added chopped carrots too
- 250ml chicken stock
- 100ml olive oil
- seasoning It really is quite an adaptable recipe – just bung in what you’ve got in the veggie tray!
- Method Rub the lamb all over with the salt and pepper
- Put the onions, garlic, tomatoes and potatoes into the bottom of the slow cooker and rest the lamb shoulder on top.
- Pour over the stock and olive oil and cook for 8 hours on low
- Serve with pitta bread to soak up juices or garlic bread
I have to say this is one of the easiest recipes to date I have had to do and actually really one of the best lamb recipes I have had too. The meat literally falls off the bone and infused with the slow cooking is sooooo tasty.
One of my oldest friends, Jacqueline cooked this for me when I went to visit her this Summer having not seen her for two years it was amazing to catch up and her version tasted much better than mine though I followed it to the t so to speak but then she is an amazing cook! Its the midas touch when putting food together, some have it, some don’t, I wing it lol! x
So let’s party for Fiesta Friday #36 woohoo 36 parties and going strong!
Happy Friday and Happy Weekend, Justine x
©Justine Nagaur Eclecticoddsnsods.com