Is WordPress playing tricks on me or am I going mad?

Is WordPress playing tricks on me or am I going mad?

shoot the computer

shoot the computer

Alright this is a quickie, but has there been some kind of unfortunate update with WordPress that means that one can’t find one’s dashboard in the same area as before or is it just me?

Actually I know it isn’t just me as Farmerfarthing has suffered this issue too and kindy showed me how to get in to my dashboard.

Apparently one has to type in ones blog name, then go to ones avatar pic and find it this way which seems very cackhanded instead of it just being there as normal when one logs on.

Has anyone else found this problem, or a way to get over it easily? Β Am I doing something wrong?

Help gratefully received as it is quite an irritating problem!

huggles to all, Justine x

36 comments for “Is WordPress playing tricks on me or am I going mad?

1. October 11, 2014 at 5:56 PM

that is a great title – No one should can mad from you!!

2. NotAPunkRocker
    October 11, 2014 at 6:12 PM

It is acting crazy again. And, I am now following people I never followed before (and it’s not like they changed their name or anything, just randomly in the reader…)

• October 11, 2014 at 6:14 PM

i had it with somehow unfollowing people which is odd and embarrassing as youthen follow them again and wonder how long you went on missing posts when you didn’t mean to and them seeing you following them when they thought you were already but yes the dashboard thing is really irritating, are you getting this?

• NotAPunkRocker
        October 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Yep. 😦

3. October 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM

hiya I havent had the problem yet, or maybe I have but I am a random presser of things on screen till something works I do get the new and so called improved fast post thingummyjig which I disllike intensely as no editing function and more like a tweet interface than a post interface but will keep my eyes on the lookout for the issue you described POli

• October 11, 2014 at 6:16 PM

yes please do now three people have this issue, i hope it goes away hehe x Whats teh programme your using?

• October 11, 2014 at 6:17 PM

ok I feel like a dunce now – what program – ?

• October 11, 2014 at 6:24 PM

lol you said this: I do get the new and so called improved fast post thingummyjig so I was wondering if you had some new fangled programme πŸ˜€

• October 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM

ahhhh – new and improved “wordpress blog post” interface – where wordpress tells you “this is MUCH better” than the dashboard – but actually I cannot work with it…. when I read my random flow of consciousness it’s a bit scary……..must be a dada-ist:

Composition Strategies Include Automatic Writing

Dada poets favored spontaneity and reimagined the materials of their art. The Dadaist writer Andre Breton, who later wrote the Surrealist Manifesto, became a major proponent of automatic writing. To practice automatic writing, a writer simply sits quietly, allows his or mind to go blank, and writes as quickly as possible without pause for thought.
            from ehow

• October 14, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I think I would like to do that, the automatic writing that is πŸ™‚

• October 14, 2014 at 4:08 PM

you can – promise, just sit down and start writing – I wrote a whole manuscript that way believing it to be very creative πŸ™‚ I gave it two friends they couldn’t keep their eyes open….. and they then told me that it was stream of consciousness AND needed lots of rework I stilll have it in a drawer somewhere

4. KG
    October 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM

I see three sections in my WP page. Reader, My blogs, Stats. I click on My blogs and there it is, the Dashboard. I did set some option of using the classic way of creating post, so it’s been that way. Just forgot where I set it though.

• October 14, 2014 at 12:32 PM

yes I am on classic but doesn’t seem to stop this issue, just makes the editing easier and more what I am used to hehe x

5. October 11, 2014 at 7:10 PM

It’s not just you – many things are going wrong with mine lately. I can’t read a post and “back-click” to my reader. I keep getting kicked to the screen where I have to re-enter my password every time. Very annoying!!

• October 14, 2014 at 12:32 PM

yikes password entering over and over must be very annoying, huggles to you you deserve it x

6. October 11, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Down here under the world I have not had that problem, I think we are forgotten down here Justine. Have a good weekend, what’s left of it for you at any rate.

7. October 12, 2014 at 12:42 AM

I’ve been redirected to this new screen for posting but elected to go back to original and it took me back. If I am in a post and click on the edit..it tries again… I haven’t had what you describe though… I’m glad you said something..I’ll know what to do (if I remember) I don’t know why they do these things.. or offer you once if you want to change and if you say no.. they should leave you be…. Also when doing a post now if I want to highlight the whole thing it won’t let me… so I have to do a bit at a time and scroll after I do part of it… Bahhh humbug!!! Diane

• October 14, 2014 at 12:34 PM

yes i dont know why they change something that was working fine, updates aren’t always necessary are they? xx

8. October 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM

I haven’t noticed anything different! No problem with my Dashboard.

• October 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM

your lucky then and i am glad for you hehe, its a nightmare when they do updates when stuff is already working well heeh x

9. October 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I do relate to your picture at the top though. I’ve spent the last few weeks with endless computer problems….. with both the old laptop and the new one. SO frustrating. It will take me time to complete the transfer but everything seems to be working well now. I was actually able to spend yesterday writing a long post and catching up a little with my blogging world.

• October 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM

ah glad your catching up i need to do that too, sometimes i have wanted to throw myc omputer out with techie stuff that i am not very good with and then it gets sworn at and has a name and all sorts lol

10. October 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I wondered when someone was going to rant about the changes. They are annonying, but so far I haven’t encountered the problems you mention. I just click on the classic mode or whatever at the bottom of the page and it all goes back to normal

• October 14, 2014 at 12:37 PM

i am hoping just somehow it will go back to normal for me x

11. October 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I have found the same thing but now just look for my sites and then go onto the dashboard from there! But then sometimes I can’t remember what I did and go all over the place!! Hmmmpf! πŸ™‚

12. October 13, 2014 at 8:06 PM

You mean there used to be another way?

13. October 25, 2014 at 10:54 AM

It hasn’t happened to me yet, but it’s probably waiting till I let my guard down.