#Photography101 Bliss & #NaBloPoMo Day 6

Bliss

We are asked in todays prompt by the Photography101 to show something that depicts bliss to us.  Bliss I think it is a very personal and individual thing to each person, don’t you?

Hence it is probably a good subject matter.

What is bliss now?  Perhaps was very different for me a few years back.

Why is that?

Since having been faced with immobility, the thought of never getting outside again can completely change one’s perspective.

I was blind before, but now I see.

Most of you who follow my blog will know that I am a sucker for mother nature, photographing everything leafy, floral and scampering, wriggling that I can get my camera out fast enough to take.

It wasn’t always like this though for me.

I admit ashamedly that before I didn’t really notice these things.  I was in my eyes blind.  There are people lucky enough to appreciate these things without having to have a trauma to take off the blinkers.

So it might sound like a cliche but in many ways I feel blessed for having my life turned upside down, because to be blind to nature is such a sad sad thing.  So much beauty and pleasure missed out.

You would expect then for me to have snapped a piccie of some Autumnal leaf falling down,  a huge fungi showing its presence or some dewy pink rose, but I have snapped plenty of those and wanted to show something else that to me depicts bliss.

Bliss for me

B is for beauty in life, the discovery of Buddhist philosophy, find something good in everything, find something educational, something positive no matter how hard that might be, a lesson that has kept me going through many a difficult time.

L is for love and life, the unexpected grasp of ones child’s arms around ones waist, the words “I love you mummy”, the smell of my child’s hair, their angelic faces when they sleep.

I is for independence, to have a voice, to have an opinion, to have one’s intellect, to have freedom to be who one wants to be.

S is for sensuality, the brush of His lips against against one’s neck, His presence heady upon one’s femininity, the electric bursts up ones belly.

S is for serenity, when the candle is lit, and it is time just for me.

Photography 101 Bliss

Photography 101 Bliss

Photography 101 Bliss

Photography 101 Bliss

Photography 101 Bliss

Photography 101 Bliss

What is bliss for you?

Photos taken with my iPhone6

© Justine Nagaur Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Photography101

Photography101

Photography101: Bliss

#Photography101

Bliss: complete happiness, great joy, paradise, or heaven.

What is your idea of bliss? Is it an image of your family, laughing at the dinner table? Your latest finished piece of art, drying on the canvas? Or a state of total relaxation, as shown in the shot below of a swimming hole on a sunny day?

NaBloPoMo_November

NaBloPoMo_November

NaBloPoMo Day 6

#NaBloPoMo

Nano Poblano 2014

Nano Poblano 2014

Team Pepper

#TeamPepper

30 comments for “#Photography101 Bliss & #NaBloPoMo Day 6

1. November 6, 2014 at 3:12 PM

this is pretty cool

2. November 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM

What a beautiful description for bliss. Everyone is very poetic today. It’s just lovely *sighing with bliss 🙂 xx

3. November 6, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Lovely depiction of BLISS – liked that you explained every letter and related to it. Great pictures as well.

• November 6, 2014 at 5:34 PM

thank you and so glad you popped by again its great to see familiar faces xx

4. November 6, 2014 at 5:37 PM

truly blissful !! I like the reclining Buddha 🙂 I assume you are a Buddhist.

• November 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I love my reclining Buddha, a new acquirement a few weeks ago when I met a blogger buddy :). I am not a Buddhist per say but I try to adopt some of the philosophies in to my life 🙂 xx

5. Sheri Elizabeth
    November 6, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I liked this post because of something you said in it that resonated with me. It was the part where you talked about never noticing nature and when your life was turned upside down, you began to see the beauty in the world. It’s the same way with me and it took a really difficult time in my life (that I still battle daily) to finally “see.” For me, photography and seeing is a coping mechanism.

I love how you broke down the letters. It is my belief that there’s always something to be thankful for no matter how bad the situation. It’s just a matter of seeing.

• November 6, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I loved your comment for the fact that we share something similar, I am sorry though of course to hear about something in the first place that caused this. I still have my chronic pain but I am out and about. Always hear to chat if you want too 🙂 Photography too is a distraction and joy, its wonderful isnt it? xx

6. November 6, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Thanks for dropping in on my 101 effort. You are obviously a glutton for punishment taking part in more than one 😉

Great going – keep it up

• November 7, 2014 at 3:06 PM

haha yes i am, it might all get a bit much after a week/ For some reason nablopomo blog her has blocked me for now, reawlly odd, trying to sort it out but no doubt will force me to take a break hehe x

7. November 6, 2014 at 11:04 PM

You are absolutely right about how sufferings in our lives can cause us to open our eyes to what was once unseen or taken for granted. I’m in the midst of experiencing that currently. It’s wonderful that you are able to see what you didn’t before and that you have discovered bliss in so many ways. I enjoyed and appreciated you b.l.i.s.s. breakdown. My bliss today would be found by my bed allowing me to sleep, which was the topic of my NaBloPoMo post today. 🙂

• November 7, 2014 at 3:09 PM

awe, well i hope you did get some sleep. I actually stayed in bed and fell asleep until 1.30pm yesterday which was amazing never ever do that but i do have a cold bug, wish I could do it more often though lol x

8. November 7, 2014 at 4:59 AM

I’m just so amazed at how well the iphone can take photos! Thanks for stopping by in the midst of the this NaBloPoMo. You had thousands of choices and I’m glad you chose to drop in to say hello, and I’m equally glad to be able to do the same. Your blog banner is adorable!

• November 7, 2014 at 3:11 PM

awe thank you i didnt make it i wish i had that talent. I try to visit a few blogs if time, but time escapes me today. I hope your having a lovely day and fab weekend ahead, chat again x

9. November 7, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I like your bliss, a quiet comfort. My bliss is a slice of warm homemade bread and spread with melting butter – don’t know why this first popped into my mind. I guess that means it’s time to start baking.

• November 7, 2014 at 3:15 PM

oh crickey your making me hungry x

• November 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Nothing like coming in from outside and smelling the aroma of fresh bread cooking ~

10. November 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Very nice. Bliss for me is the table covered in food, with all six of us seated — and sinking into a hot bubble bath — and stomping through autumn leaves on a cool and sunny day — and of course, a lot of bliss happens in the dark when only two of us are awake.

• November 8, 2014 at 3:42 PM

oooh lala at the last bit, what lovely words all in all thank you , you should put that in to a poem somehow xx

11. November 10, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Excellent post. I loved every portion of it.

12. November 10, 2014 at 6:30 AM

I really understand the experience of having ones eyes opened too. For me it wasn’t a illness, it was blogging! Of course my eyes were open in many ways prior to that, but so many new worlds have opened up to me in the last 9 months.

• November 10, 2014 at 2:37 PM

thats lovely to hear and i was thinking about the connect prompt today of course blogging is a major connect x

• November 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Yes, blogging is a major connect for me and I know it is for others as well. I sent my tent city post from yesterday to my Amma community. I realized after the fact that that was meeting the Photography 101 Connect assignment too. I am not planning to post about it today but do appreciate the consciousness raising assignment.

• November 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM

yes its a great subject matter 🙂 Hugs to you x