A Pop Of Colour

A pop of colour

The subject matter for Photography101 is A Pop of Colour and here is what they have to say:

Colors can stir emotions within us, tell stories, and transform our images. Today, use one color to add life or drama to your shot.

The colors in our photographs are evocative and rouse emotions within us. Color can elevate a mundane image into something intriguing and meaningful, and can tell a particular story within the frame.

Now for me, the difficult part was not finding some colour or having it stand out as I live in London, urban grey surroundings, so anything colourful stands out in comparison.

The challenge was to capture something that might tell a story or invoke some kind of thought from the person viewing it.

I hope I did this with the image below.

The first shot was taken low down, which I think gives more depth and interest factor don’t you?

Both are taken with my iPhone6 this morning, yup I took many photos including one of people on a bus again!!!!

I even took one of cigarette butts on a bin and a pigeon, all in the name of Photo101.

pink band on the pavement

Photography101: Pop of colour

The second image here is of the same thing but different angle, more over the top, central and to me not as dramatic of appealing.

One doesn’t have the sense of focus as much on the band, it means less, wouldn’t you say?

Pink hairband on a pavement

Photography101: Pop of colour

My question to you now is what if anything does my main, the top photo bring to you, does it make you think of something other than it simply being a pavement with a few leaves and a pink band?

To me my focus is the pink band, the desolate pavement, the length of the pavement infront, where one presumes the person went who lost or threw away the hair tie.

Will she be mortified when she realizes it is lost?

Did her brother pull it out of her hair?

Will she get home and realize it was her one and only beloved pink band and she only has blue left?

Was her brother using it as a sling shot having stolen it out of his siblings room?

Was it on a teddy, perhaps the teddy fell out of the pram too, someone picked that up but the band is left as a testament to a child’s loss of favourite cuddly being?

Perhaps an alien abducted the child and the band fell out of her hair as she was whipped up in to the UFO?

What do you think?

Thank you for reading, viewing, Justine xx

© Justine Nagaur Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Photography101

Photography101

Photography101:  A pop of colour

#photo101

NaBloPoMo_November

NaBloPoMo_November

NaBloPoMo Day 17

#NaBloPoMo

68 comments for “A Pop Of Colour

1. November 17, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Oooh, this is lovely! But your array of explanations as to how the hairband got there is scary. Halloween is over, remember? Ha 😉

2. November 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM

The top photo is really nice. When I saw it, I immediately started wondering about the origin of that pink band. It’s a good shot!

• November 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM

oooh that is greawt because that is what i was hoping you would think yay, almost want to clap my hands, yup i am silly i know 🙂 xx

3. November 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM

It’s amazing how this little spot attracts attention. in both pic.

• November 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Thank you, it was a spot of luck to come across it as believe you me i took loads before this happened, thank you for commenting Marius x

4. November 17, 2014 at 11:32 AM

It’s always the brother’s fault!!
    😄
    Love the low down shot.

• November 17, 2014 at 11:34 AM

haha yes i felt a bit bad after blaming the brother lol, maybe it was a dog or aliens? hehe, thank you for commenting x

5. November 17, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Awesome lowdown shot. Totally nailed the theme. I’d reckon the wind blew it here along with all the other leaves 😛 just so we don’t blame the brother. Hehe. This makes a really good street photo too!

• November 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM

haha i know i will have a riot from all the brothers out there complaining i am being unfair 🙂

6. November 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM

The low down shot is fantastic! Did you physically get down on the floor for that one?! xx

7. November 17, 2014 at 1:39 PM

A sling shot. Ha! That sounds fitting, something my brothers would have done.

• November 17, 2014 at 3:32 PM

haha yep or me, i was a bit naughty when younger, of course i behave now!

• November 17, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Right. Sure you do! Ha! 🙂 I think siblings tease each other forever, at least I know we do in my family. That’s what makes it fun though, right?

8. November 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM

The long alley makes me think someone was running and dropped the pink hair band.

• November 17, 2014 at 3:33 PM

ah yes very true, but running from what? 😀 Or could be running to…the story is unfolding hehe x

9. November 17, 2014 at 2:23 PM

The first picture is really great. I like the way the path kind of fades into the distance. This would have been spectacular for mystery too!

• November 17, 2014 at 3:34 PM

ah yes your right and I struggled on that challenge day, great idea! Well I know if that ever comes up again I can use it, thank you for coming by, now lets have a gander at yours 🙂 x

10. November 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Well, clearly she was fleeing down the alley from the attacker that ripped the tie from her hair! Clearly!

Lol.

• November 17, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Oh myyyyy your worse than me…oh lordy…crickey…faints!”!!!!

• November 17, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Yea I pretty much always go right to the dark places.

• November 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM

lol you did, sucker punched there right to the dark lol. Do you like writing poems? Was thinking maybe a poem might be fitting for this photo hehe…watches you faint now lol

11. NotAPunkRocker
    November 17, 2014 at 3:23 PM

She’s like me, cursing because I just *know* that I had one but now I can’t find the darn thing. I can totally relate to this picture for that reason alone.

For some reason, I am having a hard time with the challenge today. I may have to stage something to get it done, it is rainy and yucky here today for sure.

Well done on the picture 🙂

• November 17, 2014 at 3:38 PM

you know i dont think there is anyting wrong with staging for the photo shoot because that in itself requires creativity and photographers after all stage too don’t they? i was going to resort to that had the pink band not shot up in to view on my traipse this wet morning hehe…Actually I wear bands and realize not one single one is pink…i must get one! x

• NotAPunkRocker
        November 17, 2014 at 3:46 PM

I buy bands in all different colors at once. One of my cats in particular is obsessed with them, so it makes me able to track them down better when they are bright vs. neutral 🙂

Two of my shots were staged last week (surprised, right?) so no worries, I just wish I could think of something TO stage 🙂

• November 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM

thats funny that your cat is obsessed with them what do they do run off with them?

• NotAPunkRocker
            November 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM

It’s the one cat, the other ignores them. Weird, right? He bats them around like toys and they get under the couch or whatever and disappear. Then he moves on to another thing. Crazy cat (it’s the black and white one, if you’ve seen those pictures).

• November 17, 2014 at 6:33 PM

aaah, well its good they have different personalities, my old girl cat tries to drink my tea whic is most annoying!

12. November 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Definitely the pink band stands out. Amazing how something so small against a neutral background stands out. Great picture!

• November 17, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I know it was a surprise to me too, must have been a fairy new band to have such colour 🙂

13. November 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Love your posts Justine. The “alien abducted child” is the winner. So what happens next?

Liked by 2 people

14. November 17, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I think you successfully nailed today’s theme. 🙂 I think it’s time I stray from my usual brown and black bands…

• November 17, 2014 at 4:30 PM

hah yes I was thinking that for myself too perhaps I should get one with a big flower on x

• November 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I bet you would “rock” a flower! I huge fuchsia one 😉

• November 17, 2014 at 6:32 PM

haha funny now the seed is planted in my mind to find one x

15. November 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM

These are wonderful shots, I love the top one…the way you lead us up the path with the light…and some teasing words about the story….It now seems to becoming more and more clear that you are working up the screen play for the alien movie….can’t wait for next instalment…. x

16. November 17, 2014 at 11:08 PM

The first photo is a good visual prompt for writing! I can see the story taking so many directions. An abducted child. A late night jog gone wrong. General trash from streets blown in that direction. Kudos on getting such a good angle and generating tons of thoughts on the photo!

• November 18, 2014 at 2:05 PM

thank you it was one of those lucky moments with a bend and old creak down to pavement level lol x

17. November 17, 2014 at 11:19 PM

I just love reading through your guesses on things. (*Grins*)

18. November 17, 2014 at 11:47 PM

Love the contrast in colours – you captured a really interesting texture in the pavement too.I really love this; it’s so seemingly simple but extremely effective!

• November 18, 2014 at 2:07 PM

yes simple is sometimes the best and spontaneous hehe …luck was on my side yesterday xx thank you for chatting x

19. November 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Perfect little spot of color – saw it immediately and wonderful where it came from.

20. November 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM