Colour Splash Effect | Photoshop

Photoshop

Blogenture

I started learning how to use different aspects of Photoshop a few years back and I’ve decided to develop my skills some more.

The tutorial I am going to share today is called the Colour Splash Effect. I felt like doing this as soon as I saw the cover picture for the video.

Here is the tutorial I found for this effect.

And here are the pictures I edited.

Original image by Lars Kehrel (Flickr)

Lars Kehrel - Flickr - bw runs into colorI tried to go for a ‘black and white streams turning into colour’ sort of effect though it didn’t turn out too nicely…

Kwaku Alston -  Nikon

Kwaku Alston -  Nikon_This obviously turned out a lot better. I didn’t do the second half of the video (adding effects to the image and layer mask). I like how the oranges reflect onto the apple something I didn’t notice until I isolated the apple 🙂

My findings: The technique in itself is relatively easy though it will become harder…

View original post 40 more words

20 comments for “Colour Splash Effect | Photoshop

1. November 19, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Thank you for sharing. I use LightRoom and have been teaching myself. I should start watching some tutorials…

• November 20, 2014 at 6:46 PM

i heard lightroom is really good its a fairly reasonably priced editing programme. how do you find it? x

• November 20, 2014 at 11:00 PM

I have taught myself so far and it was quite easy, produces effective results and stores my library of photos. X

• November 21, 2014 at 12:56 PM

so you would definitely recommend? Are there different types of lightroom to buy? x

• November 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Yes I would recommend it. I know other people use photoshop but I haven’t gone that far. I just want to enhance my photos with cropping, exposure, contrast, highlights and shadows and sometime play with the amount of colour. Just one type. Adobe now has released it within their “Creative Cloud” which is a monthly subscription and you can include some of their other products in that as well.
            Oh! You can download a trial version of LightRoom to see if it works for you. Try before you buy 😎

• November 21, 2014 at 3:57 PM

ok thank you i am definitely going to go and look in to it, not sure i want to sign up monthly i prefer just pay and its your kind of thing but its great youve given it the thumbs up 🙂 x

• November 21, 2014 at 10:51 PM

No worries. Yes I wasn’t pleased about the subscription idea and haven’t signed up for it. I assume you can still buy it separately…i hope so anyway x.

2. November 19, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Very cool, would definitely be fun to learn this.

3. NotAPunkRocker
    November 20, 2014 at 12:56 AM

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the what and how!

4. November 20, 2014 at 2:27 AM

Well done! You did an awesome job! Yay! I love it! Well done!

5. November 20, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Very much appreciative for sharing it – this is a great effect of Photoshop with wonderful art work!

6. November 20, 2014 at 10:29 AM

I like the colour turning into a colour stream, but I agree that the ‘black and white streams turning into colour’ didn’t really work that well. Anyway, it’s always fun to play with Photoshop and if you don’t try, you’ll never find out if an idea works or not. The most important thing is that you experimented and tried out your idea (the idea is good).

7. November 21, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Thanks for sharing the lesson. I use lightroom 5 but haven’t had time to learn anything past the bare basics yet. I’ve seen some people able to do some amazing things with these programs.

• November 22, 2014 at 10:35 AM

yes i am giong to get lightroom and give it a go i think, its great to find out what others do x