Moment

Moment

Todays topic for the photography assignment is Moment, and here is what they have to say on this:

Our lives are made up of big events and tiny moments. Ultimately, life is fleeting, and oftentimes it’s these small moments we love to document.

Think about the fleeting moments you experience each day — from a quiet, precious moment with your child to a busy commute through the subway, among strangers. What will you share with us?

Tip: Movement is a great way to convey time and fleetingness. If you’d like to play with motion

I had some ideas immediately that popped in to my head and yes I took some photos this morning to but nothing came up to scratch in my mind.  Then my external hard drive that houses most of my photographs literally sparked, went hot and flashed a red light before finally going to the Gods, so that is now at the computer shop and I am hoping all my pics can be saved.

So below I bring you a photograph of a moment with movement.

My two boys are at the Organic farm in Gloucestershire.  This was a real ramshackle trampoline with just bare poles at the top.

My heart went every time they jumped imagining them impaling themselves on the pole, thankfully they didn’t.

Both had great ‘moments’ and memories made.

Sibling Play

boys trampolining

Photography101 Moment

I couldn’t resist this photograph.  We went to Bath and on the street we were staying there were at least 3 amazing ice cream shops.

I said as a treat that one day if they behaved my boys could have an ice cream breakfast.  They behaved, they got the breakfast, evidence of which you will see below.

It tickled me pink to be able to let them do this, a one off ‘moment’.

Ice cream breakfast

boy with ice cream

Photography101 Moment

Last but not least, my two boys having a ‘moment’ together again.

I don’t think there is much better than seeing ones offspring laugh together and having fun, do you?

The blur on my eldest’s face I think gives the sense of the intensity of them messing around and laughing, the older pranking and trying to make the youngest laugh.

It worked!

Moments and laughter

two boys laughing

Photography101 Moment

Which is your favourite and why?

© Justine Nagaur Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Photography101

Photography101

Photography101: Moment

#photo101

NaBloPoMo_November

NaBloPoMo_November

NaBloPoMo Day 19

#nablopomo

33 comments for “Moment

1. November 19, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Aiks! Good luck with your hard drive. Can’t imagine watching it spark up like that 😦 I get quite paranoid with storing my photos. I try to keep them in two separate disks in case one gets toasted or stolen, etc. But even that doesn’t seem enough for me sometimes 😖
    Re the happier moments, beautifully captured pictures! The older one does look like he’s about to do something naughty to his brother on the trampoline.
    Ice cream for breakfast.. Wished i’d thought of that! That nice cold n sweet feeling would be a great jumpstart to the day!! 😆

• November 19, 2014 at 1:23 PM

yes it is partly my fault i need to be more organized and actually sort all my photos out rather than chucking them on there otherwise I might have thought to have two of them running…sighs…i really hope they can save my info x Glad you like the pics 😀 The eldest is normally the less naught so it was a good moment hehe x

• November 19, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Nah it can happen to anyone. I’ve had it happen one too many times so I’ve kinda learned my lesson ☺️ all the best! They’re usually recoverable unless it’s a really old piece of hardware *fingers crossed*

2. November 19, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Oh my goodness! You have inspired (alerted!!) me to back up my files STAT.
    Love the ice cream breakfast pic, SOOO cute. Your boys are gorgeous.

• November 19, 2014 at 4:45 PM

haha yes everyone needs to back up and save, i learnt the hard way….yes i want icecream now i am looking at that pic too much lol x

3. November 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM

The first one is sooo familiar to me! The only still picts I have of my boy is when he is sleeping 😛 your boys are awesome btw! I feel for your disk, I am exactly in the same situation now and man it is painful 😛

• November 19, 2014 at 4:46 PM

oh yours blew up too? Thats not good news and yes my boys are sooo lively but great to see them having fun but i do like watching them sleep….haha, to anyone else other than a parent i am sure that would sound weird x

4. November 19, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I hope they’re able to save your pictures. The ones you shared here show your boy’s closeness so well. I’m sure they fight like typical siblings, but to have a good relationship beyond that is such a wonderful thing. I love the ice cream for breakfast idea! That’s a memory they’ll probably always have.

• November 19, 2014 at 5:25 PM

yes its a love / hate thing at times but usual for siblings i guess and for two very lively boys hehe. I want icecream for breakfast now lol luckily no ice cream shops on the same road where i live! x

5. NotAPunkRocker
    November 19, 2014 at 2:06 PM

I love the first one, but I really would like to take a clue from the second one and have some ice cream now.

Good shots! Hope the computer thing works out though. I hate having to worry about things like that.

• November 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM

yes i hope i get my pics too. Wow yes we are meant to be giving up ice cream arent we lol x

6. November 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Those are perfect for the theme!

7. November 19, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Sorry to read about your technical meltdown. It happens. Sweet shots of the little ones!

• November 19, 2014 at 5:28 PM

thank you and yes it does….its going to teach me to double back up lol and be more organized, thank you so much for popping by 🙂 xx

8. November 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Oh no!! That’s devastating-I hope they can sort it for you. I know how crap it is to lose all your pictures 😦 xx

• November 19, 2014 at 5:29 PM

yes exactly it would be years worth as it was the ‘actual’ hard drive from the computer that was taken out before the whole thing was wiped clean…i find out in 3-4 days…hows the boy? Like the pics? 🙂 x

• November 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM

The pictures are great! My favourite is the ice cream one :). Oscar’s not too good. He went to school today but has come home and crashed on the sofa and skipped dinner 😦 xx

• November 20, 2014 at 6:42 PM

i hope you guys are feeling better today. I thought you might like the icecream one 😀

9. November 19, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Lovely shots, our kids usually provide us all with some of our best moments 😉 I like the trampoline shot, you can feel the joy of bouncing back up again….hope the hard drive disaster can be sorted out! x

• November 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM

yes me too re hard drive thingy, wow i could smell smoke lol, it went soooo hot and i could hear a pffftt sizzle thing…scary moment! Yes life will be dull when the children leave home…x

• November 19, 2014 at 6:13 PM

That sounds scary (the hard drive)…well both I guess…although life has a way of throwing surprises at us when we least expect x

10. November 19, 2014 at 4:11 PM

How lovely to meet your children. What a beautiful family. Hope you get your pictures back.

• November 19, 2014 at 5:30 PM

awe thank you yes i dont usually post piccies of them but couldn’t resist in this instance and thank you for such lovely words xx

11. November 19, 2014 at 7:22 PM

My favorite is the ice cream cone one, because that is my favorite way to have ice cream.

• November 20, 2014 at 6:43 PM

hah yes very true, always great getting it out of the bottom and then one comes across a lump of chocolate yum x

12. November 20, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Beautiful photographs of the boys Justine. Hope they salvage your photographs!

• November 20, 2014 at 6:17 PM

yes me too a few more days until i find out thank you for caring though xx