The Name Game – A Nano Poblano Blog Hop
Cheney from Blog Apocalypse tagged me for the name game post, now my brain is churning to get some creative juices or will I tell the truth about this name or will I be telling porky pies?
Now as some of you will know, I have a bad back, yup a pain in the ass, sorry back!
Because of this I have been unable to wear a bra for omg 3 years, I was actually going to plague my followers on my It’s a lonely place blog with this story but seeing as I just got nominated for this it seems to tie in well, but accept my apologies in advance.
So getting back to the name game story, there is a lovely little shop not too far away, called True Love. It does sell the most delectable underwear, every time I go past I pine, having been a great underwear collector from basques, bras and the rest, only now to sit in a chest excuse the pun and collect dust.
I decided enough is enough, before I start tripping over these things surely I can find something nice and soft that wont set off those nerve endings. I walked in with trepidation knowing the mamas would have to come out and be scrutinized.
However my fears were sidetracked by the cheerful Irish toned voice of “Good afternoon, welcome how may I help you, I am Marie TrueLove”.
At first I thought she must just be saying the shop name as part of her welcome, but this went on three or four times and I eventually said “Is your surname really True Love?”, feeling my cheeks redden with a tinge of embarrassment at possibly being very naive.
She said “Yes, its my husbands name, how convenient right to have such a name and a lingerie shop?”
I leave you wondering whether this is a true or false tale…..
BTW I don’t emmanate this jpg, thankfully, not yet, not quite yet…grins x
I am tagging siriusbizinus from amusing nonsense to participate in the Name Game Blog Hop next! Here are a list of rules that you should probably choose to follow if you’re a good blog hop blogger, which I guess I’m not:
- Write a paragraph or two about somebody from an ordinary walk of life with an unordinary name. It can either be a true story about somebody you know with that name, or a fictional piece about somebody with a name you made up.
- After you’re done posting your story, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Blog Hop II, your blog name and either TRUE STORY or MADE IT UP in the subject line.
- Pick another Nano Poblano team member from the
homeblog roll page and tag them on their About page. Try to spread the wealth around from Fish of Gold’s original blog hop to start, but duplication is OK as the month rolls along.
- The writing cutoff is Nov. 28. By the end of Nov. 29, email to me at email@example.com a list with a guess of TRUE STORY or MADE UP for each post on the blog hop. Put Blog Hop II, Final Guesses in the subject line.
- The Nano Poblano team member with the most correct answers wins a special prize, which I will mail to them. That means you will have to email me your address if you win.
- Add your link to the chain of writers.
- Have fun.
Here are the list of participants so far:
The Chatter Blog
Lucy at the Excessive Gardener
DebraB at Debra Books
Fish of Gold
Crawford’s Creative Corner
Love Marriage Worms
Nerd in the Brain
Kim @ Drunk on Life
Cheney @ Blog Apocalypse