Triumph & It feels like the end of an era!

Triumph & It feels like the end of an era!

Todays final Photography101 challenge subject matter is Triumph and here is what they have to say on it:

Triumph comes in all shapes and sizes: finding enough coffee to make a full pot. Having just enough gas in the tank to get to the filling station. Finding out your story was accepted for publication in that awesome magazine.

Well for me a little or big triumph depending on the way you look at it is actually completing this challenge, as in posting every day.

I didn’t think I would hack the pace of it, but woohoo I did.

I think this experience has taught me to be, time allowing, far more conscious with my photography taking, ie being more aware of layers, contrast, light and shadow etc and thinking out of the box and making something out of nothing.

The bestest thing however is the Community spirit that has been phenomenal in this all.  It has been great being followed and following back, chatting, commenting, seeing the sights of all the wonderful photographs and learning about everyone who has been involved in this.

I thought my ‘current’ regular readers might get sick of me posting my pics every day but I have also been chuffed to bits to find them also commenting and enjoying what has been going on.

So big thumbs up to Photography 101 and the Daily Post, I would recommend anyone even with a modicum of interest in photography to give it a whirl next time around.

Now on to the subject matter – Triumph

Trying something new

We had a sports taster day locally and my youngest tried archery for the first time.

I think in a previous life he must have been Robin Hood, it was  a joy to see him so engrossed in something as you can see.

Triumph

Photography101 Triumph

Bullseye

As you can see in this shot he isn’t half bad a shot either, a bit of a triumph I would say, wouldn’t you?

Triumph

Photography101 Triumph

Rugby Joy

Shrek (husband) has always been what I call a Rugger Bugger, basically obsessed with rugby and becomes quite a hideous beast when he watches it, hence a trip down to the pub is more than welcomed at this point.

He had notions that his sons would take up the interest in equal measure so was crestfallen to discover my eldest does not like it.

However on this same sports taster day, one of the lead coaches from a rugby group took my son under his wing and spent one on one time with him for about an hour.  He then introduced him to some of the slightly older boys in the club and they have a fantastic time together.

This shot is taken at the end of the whole experience, a triumph indeed as my eldest seems to show joy in what he is doing just now mucking around with said ball of the Gods.

Triumph

Photography101 Triumph

Messy Triumph

We had a street party a few months back and apart from shutting off the whole road, getting the residents out with a fanfare consisting of cakes, scones, sandwiches, BBQ, music and feral children running around we also had games.

In this game there were two lines from one side of the pavement to the other drawn with chalk with rubbish and clothes put in the middle.  The idea was that is was meant to depict a teenagers bedroom.

Residents would split up equally either side of the lines their side and a timer would be set.

The objective was to get as much ‘rubbish’ in to the other sides quarters, it was then counted with much difficulty at the end to determine the winner.

They all had great fun in the endeavours to triumph over the other.

I love the expression on the blonde ladies face, pure joy and fun!

Triumph

Photography101 Triumph

Men’s Triumph

Here is another game from the Street Fair.

In this there was string strung from one side of the pavement to the other and on this string attached blown up balloons.

There were bamboo sticks with something horribly sharp attached to one end, the other end was attached to some childs eager grasp.

The men be it a father or not would act as a war horse for the occasion with said soldier child on the back and charge towards the balloons.

Whoever popped the most won, it was a noisy and messy affair.

What I like is the expression on the man in the red Tshirts face, pure determination and raw hunger to win & triumph wouldn’t you say?

Triumph

Photography 101 Triumph

Many of the challenges and activities I love have finished and so I had been talking about hosting one myself.  Having talked a little about this to you in another post I now have made the page up for the Eclectic Corner challenge/event and you can find it here.

The first Eclectic Corner will be being posted at 9am GMT this Tuesday 2nd December 2014 so please share the love, share the news to anyone you think might be interested 😀 ❤

If you have any questions about it or want to tell me which photo if any you preferred and why I should only be a shout away! 😀

Eclectic Corner

Eclectic Corner

Photography101

Photography101

Photograpahy101 Triumph

#photo101

NaBloPoMo_November

NaBloPoMo_November

NaBloPoMo Day 28

NaBloPoMo

32 comments for “Triumph & It feels like the end of an era!

1. November 28, 2014 at 4:50 PM

What a lovely selection of photos, my favourites are the one of your son lining up his shot with such fierce determination and I also like the papers all over the floor…it has been great to meet here and I look forward to more at the eclectic corner…..and all that without mentioning knives or mirrors or aliens (oh oops I just did….) 😉

• November 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM

haha yes and well I think I might need your mirror photo with the erm face, any chance you could email it to me purrrlease…grins…actually its my mirror photo lol, but seriously its inspired me so think I will use it, unless you have more to add to this weekend? hehe x

2. November 28, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Love your post on Triumph. Thanks for being a page in the lesson book of Photography 101. Blessings.

• November 28, 2014 at 5:17 PM

awe its a pelasure and i hope we can keep in contact its been a great community here x

• November 29, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Let’s do. I enjoyed looking at your photos and reading your posts.

3. November 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Ooh, what a sweet little archer! It’s good to see you are having fun with your kids 🙂

• November 28, 2014 at 5:28 PM

hah yes we had amazing fun it was a fantastic oportunity for the children to have taster sessions in so many sports reallyw as x

4. November 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Thanks for the lovely words; It’s been a pleasure doing this course mainly because of the community interaction.
    I enjoyed your photos and learned you are not scary 😉 despite the knives…
    Today my fave is the first and third of your sons. One for capturing determination and the other for capturing openness to learn. Don’t they say that apples don’t fall far from the trees?
    Pleasure meeting you here! We will be in contact!

• November 28, 2014 at 5:59 PM

awe thank you taht is my favorite comment of the day, lovely words made me smile. i will admit to being determined, sometimes a blessing sometimes a curse and yes we will definitely keep most definitely in touch hehe x

• November 28, 2014 at 7:51 PM

You’re a sweetheart. Thanks. Looking forward to keeping in touch. X

5. November 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Really nice post 😉

6. November 28, 2014 at 8:44 PM

love the street action photo justine! some great shots!

7. Olga Brajnović
    November 29, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Lovely post, great pictures. It’s a pity this has come to an end

• November 29, 2014 at 6:42 PM

oh but i am sure we will remain in contact and continue to enjoy eacho thers posts until next time x

• Olga Brajnović
        November 29, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Me too:)

8. November 29, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Definitely a Triumph. It’s been great getting to know you Justine over the past four weeks. I’ve so much enjoyed all your comments and now look forward to what’s to come. With best wishes…Andrew 🙂

• November 29, 2014 at 6:43 PM

awe thank you Andrew and I know we will have much fun and interesting things to look at and talk about for a long time to come x

9. November 29, 2014 at 2:22 PM

real nice! plenty of moments captured in those photos 🙂 even amongst the mess of the street party!
    Seems like there’ll be quite a bit of projectiles going around the house, lol – arrows and rugby!

• November 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM

hah yes you are right, strict no firing policy in our house or there would be lots of broken ornaments etc x

10. NotAPunkRocker
    November 29, 2014 at 7:14 PM

I love all of those pictures, but especially the street fair ones!

Looking forward to the new challenge *gulp*

🙂

• November 29, 2014 at 9:29 PM

awe thank you it was greawt fun, the street went wild. I am getting a bit nervous about Tuesday now lol, once i have done one i think i will feel less so, excited and nervous hehe x

11. November 30, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Love this post! You are a wonderful cheerleader for your sweet ones! ❤ this!