Words of Regret: The Sandpiper

A true story, a sad story but an important message x

Good Time Stories

Gerry via CC Flickr Gerry via CC Flickr

A day or so ago, I read the following story, written by Robert Peterson, who was the man mentioned in this story. It reminded me of how often we are so wrapped up the trials, troubles, or business of our everyday lives…that sometimes we don’t take the time to stop and really enjoy our life. We forget that other people might be dealing with their own hardships and we become careless with the words and actions towards them.

It is my hope that this story will touch your heart and remind you to take time to enjoy the life that you have and try to find uplifting and positive words that may help a person in need.

She was six years old when I first met her on the beach near where I live. I drive to this beach, a distance of three or four miles…

View original post 1,028 more words

18 comments for “Words of Regret: The Sandpiper

1. December 3, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Just read it. Powerful and a wake up call…thank you for sharing that…

2. December 3, 2014 at 10:56 PM

What a terribly sad story but one that has a powerful message. Thanks for posting. BTW, how do you get the snow effect on your site? Is it a wordpress thing.

• December 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Yes totally its automatic through wp it threw me to begin with lol. Are you self hosted? X

3. December 4, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Oh Justine. I decided to read this in the Qantas lounge and now I’m crying in front of all these people. What a touching story and a times reminder to take time out to take notice of other people and to stop being caught up in our own lives. Thank you SO much for sharing Robert’s story with us. X

• December 4, 2014 at 2:49 PM

yes it caught meoff guard, i was attracted by the photo of the sandpiper, wasn’t expecting the story and had me in floods of tears. Where are you off to? hugs x

• December 4, 2014 at 9:56 PM

I was coming home from Melbourne. It was a beautiful story.

• December 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM

yes, did you have a good time?x

• December 5, 2014 at 10:43 PM

I did thanks. Not as many customers as usual, so a little more time to enjoy Melbourne coffee and food 😄

• December 6, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I can imagine, lucky you and a lazy weekend? x

• December 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Not really, I went with my friend today to help her buy a car and I also did some Christmas shopping. Tomorrow I’m doing more Christmas shopping. But I can’t complain – it’s pretty good fun. x

4. December 4, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Thanks for sharing, Justine. It’s a beautiful, heartwarming story, and surely an eye opener. ❤️

• December 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM

a pleasure to share and yes definitely an eye opener and makes one think to value time and never to judge people to swiftly, slowing down is good x

5. December 5, 2014 at 2:02 AM

So much truth in that little story…. such a good reminder to us all Diane

• December 5, 2014 at 4:17 PM

thank you diane for reading and commenting, are you well ? x

• December 5, 2014 at 6:30 PM

Actually, just getting over pneumonia… I seem now to be prone to it every winter… but hopefully it’s almost clear now.. and now that we have a new doctor am looking forward to getting some other issues cleared up… thanks for asking … that was so nice of you.. Diane

• December 5, 2014 at 7:23 PM

oh no poor you that is just terrible i really feel for you, i wish there was some kind of herbal remedy to just combat that or put you in a healthy place so much so that you wouldn’t get it each winter big hugs x