The Messenger of Christmas Tidings!

The Messenger of Christmas Tidings!

The Messenger of Christmas Tidings!

The Messenger of Christmas Tidings!

Small chubby fingers

with heartbeat trotting full of expectation

Pushes treasured envelope of possibilities

through the mouth of Santa’s portal

Oh what surprises might await

beneath the Christmas tree

If only Rudolph

would come and see me!

© Justine Nagaur Eclecticoddsnsods.com

Just a little bit of fun…I make up all kinds of crazy wild stories about how the Christmas list letters get to Santa.

This year I told my children that Santa has gone tres moderne and scans the letter, therefore no need to accumulate paper in his office.  Said scanned letters go straight through to the Elves who have a tablet each.  My youngest seemed to think that rather funny.  It was more of a moment of manipulation on my part, as I have not the heart to throw the letters away, and as such store them somewhere ‘safe’.  Trouble is I can never remember where said ‘safe’ place is and there brings a risk that little whee ones might indeed find treasured pen to paper in said ‘safe’ area.

It’s called covering my back!

Did you send off your Christmas list yet?

What did you wish for, for Christmas?

Justine xx

23 comments for “The Messenger of Christmas Tidings!

1. December 17, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Hah that was a great poem and story! I think we should all write a list post letter to Santa 😀 NAPR and Mama have done one, I think we should follow suit!! xx

2. December 17, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Loved the poem…
    We don’t even have a Christmas tree…let alone the list. LOL

• December 18, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Oh wow, how come? You just don’t celebrate? Glad you liked the poem, it was a moment that took me, my muse is obviously busy elsewhere a lot of the time hehe x

3. December 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Very clever!
    A new lens is on my list ☺️

4. December 17, 2014 at 10:02 PM

We don’t participate in Santa stuff, but I loved your poem 🙂
    (And well, my oldest two did have their picture taken with Santa once, when a new department store opened, but they did it for the candy canes and hot chocolate!) Lol

• December 18, 2014 at 12:21 PM

oh kids do anything for some sweets, mine would for sure lol. Glad you liked the poem, was just a little ditty, the morning had been frosty and off went the Xmas cards rather late, and some more to do x

5. December 18, 2014 at 10:01 AM

I didn’t send a wish list, but I sent some photo postcards to friends and family, plus a photo book to a few (from one of them I got a gift certificate from an airline company in return, plus a message that we could now visit them in the Northern parts of Norway in 2015).

• December 18, 2014 at 12:23 PM

oh a photo book is lovely, and wow you got a gift certificate from a airline company? Enough for a free ticket? That would be good x

• December 18, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I realized now that I expressed myself poorly: The gift certificate is from the person that I sent the photo book too and you can only use it to buy tickets at the airline company. It’s enough for two persons to travel back & forth, depending on the ticket prices/season. Theoretically we could go anywhere, but of course we’ll use it to visit the one that gave it to us. We haven’t seen each other for 15 years or more, so it was a heart warming and awesome present!

• December 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM

oh wow now that is totally different and what a wonderful gift. Do you have a time in mind when you might go visit? That really is lovely 🙂

• December 18, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I guess we’ll only have time for it during the summer holidays when we’re off work.

6. December 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM

Mmmm… No list. But there’s a tree and fake snowman ready for me on my return 😀

• December 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM

awe thats very cute! I used to ahve a fake snowman just underneath my christmas tree growing up i loved him so much x

• December 19, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Hahaha sweet. We will never get snow in Brunei so we have to improvise! My sister made the snowman! Ill probably get a picture of it and its crooked buttons! Lol.

• December 19, 2014 at 3:43 PM

awe cant wait lets see if it looks like mine did!

• December 20, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Hahaha will be sure to share it! Do you still make one of your own? Or perhaps a task for your sons haha