Saatchi & Saatchi #4

Saatchi & Saatchi #4

Sharing Art

The other day I went to the Saatchi & Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea, London, where they have Post Pop: East Meets West.

This is how the exhibition is described:

East Meets West examines why of all the twentieth century’s art movements, Pop art has had such a  powerful influence over artists from world regions that have had very different and sometimes opposing ideologies.

Widely regarded as one of the most significant art movements of the last century, Pop Art exploited identifiable imagery from mass media and everyday life to reflect on the nature of the world we live in.  This exhibition examines the relationship between western Pop Art and its lesser-known eastern counterparts including “Sots Art” in the Soviet Union and “Political-Pop” or “Cynical Realism”, which has flourished in Greater China since the turn of the twenty-first century.

I certainly love art in all it’s forms and as such have decided to share my experience with you.  Online give us the opportunity to share the places we go to and the things we see, I for one would love to see some of the Exhibitions you might go to.  I will post over the next few days the photos I took at the Exhibition, a series of Posts, called Saatchi & Saatchi # (whatever it is).

If you want to backtrack and look over past posts you will find it under my Arty Farty link here – Arty Farty

With this image, it was electronic in some way, it was pretty  much what caught your attention as you first walked in to the room which had other exhibits.  The black clad ‘humans’ basically were rocking in the prayer position, back and forth and you could hear the grinding noise from the machinery working.

It was in my mind really rather spooky and sent a chill down my spine!

Post Pop: East Meets West

Post Pop: East Meets West

What do you think of these bubble pictures?

© Justine Nagaur

41 comments for “Saatchi & Saatchi #4

1. January 3, 2015 at 6:02 AM

Wait, those are machines? That would definitely give me an eerie feeling.

2. NotAPunkRocker
    January 3, 2015 at 8:11 AM

That’s pretty darn powerful, actually. Well done by the artist!

• January 3, 2015 at 1:59 PM

yes, moreso to see in the flesh…its eerie and mezmerizing x

3. January 3, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Ok, this freaks me out. For reasons I can’t pin down.

• January 3, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Oh it totally freaked me out, you should have seen it in action!!

• January 4, 2015 at 11:34 AM

No, thank you, I’m not sure I would want to have nightmares for the rest of my miserable life.

• January 4, 2015 at 6:01 PM

hah your life isnt miserable, its “moving on up” as they say..grins x

4. January 3, 2015 at 8:05 PM

Wow! That is extremely interesting! I will be travelling to London soon, and I will definitley check it out! Do you mind checking out my blog, and giving me some feedback on how to improve it? I only started recently so I could use all the help that I can get! Thanks a million!

• January 4, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Hello there, I don’t know if I replied to you already, have not had coffee this morning. You are welcome to keep in touch if you have any questions. You will learn what I am about to say in 101, it’s great to have a sidebar installed with things like a follow button which is essential and a search bar so people can look up what they want to see. You have started categories which is great and you will learn how to bumf up your about page as people love to know a bit more about you. Hope that helps as a start. Love your header, very cool and street funky!