What happens to you at a Full Moon?

What happens to you at a Full Moon?

“…spooky effects have been ascribed to the phases of the moon….But when the statistics are redone properly, the correlation with lunar phase always evaporates….Yet many sensible people—including police officers and emergency room staff—continue to believe otherwise.Steven Strogatz

There has been said to be no evidence based research to prove that the full moon has any effect upon us in any fashion whatsoever.  However, oddly enough when there is a full moon, I always seem to know it has passed the next morning.  No, not because I have sprouted hairs and been howling all night.  But because I will pee all night, up, down, up, down, constantly and toss and turn all night long.

What does this say about me?

No idea, not sure I want to know either lol.

Just that I know this happens every time, so there must be something in it right?

On to the photo editing bit now.

I decided it was time to play around with my trial of Corel before it runs out.

I had in my ‘To Edit’ folder some photos, in my mind not very good ones, nonetheless I couldn’t face throwing them away, of the full moon the other night.

So I decided to play around with the shadows, highlights etc, to darken most of the sky, with this it did take away most of the cloud.  Bringing more of the cloud in made it just too fluffy and fuzzy which wasn’t the look I was trying to achieve.  I could have taken all the hue away from around the moon but actually quite like it, so kept most of it in and kept a touch of the original colour from it too.

Now I quite like it and won’t be trashing it, though it is far from perfect it is suitable enough to invoke some stories in my head of bats flying around and mystical going’s on happening, hehe.

What do you think?

Full Moon Edit with Corel

Full Moon Edit with Corel

Full Moon Edit with Corel

Full Moon Edit with Corel

Here we have the same full moon again, edited in Corel.  I used a heavy black and white filter, although I tweeked around a bit I decided the filter in it’s original state was as good as it was going to get.

I wanted to show you this photo, mainly because the two lights up in the air are from an aeroplane however they remind of two eyes, some kind of alien being boring down from above, surveying the world and the full moon in it’s glory.  The lights below by the rooftop are actually big sports lights for a football match that was going on, nothing I am afraid more exciting than that but one could of course let one’s imagination go wild!

The Full Moon edit in Corel

The Full Moon edit in Corel

The Full Moon edit in Corel

The Full Moon edit in Corel

So what happens if anything to you upon a full moon?

Justine xx

Contributed towards Photo Rehab 101

© Justine Nagaur

58 comments for “What happens to you at a Full Moon?

1. January 26, 2015 at 7:08 AM

Not a lot Justine, apart from a ravenous urge to eat chicken, the need to run naked around my backyard and stare longingly at the moon itself. All pretty normal I would think.

Liked by 3 people

• January 26, 2015 at 7:11 AM

Hah well to me i woukd celebrate such a colourful set lf reactions to the moon. You put my simple peeing to shame really. Its not up your daughters when your around its lock up your chickens lol

• January 26, 2015 at 7:12 AM

Ah yes, but safer to eat the chickens I would think.

• January 26, 2015 at 7:14 AM

Gosh i hope so haha! The naked bit well thats just entertainment as far as i am concerned. The howling well just dont wake me up please!

2. January 26, 2015 at 7:11 AM

There are happening many strange things close to full moon all over the world.
    I sleep very light or really bad in the days up to full moon and are more sensitive than usual. Great post Justine 😀

• January 26, 2015 at 4:28 PM

yes, same here on the actual night it is dreadful i dont even have to be told i wake up and think that must have been a full moon lol x

3. January 26, 2015 at 7:13 AM

Throughout history, different phases of the moon — especially the full moon — have been linked to all sorts of behaviors. Some police officers believe that a full moon leads to more crimes being committed. –

Liked by 2 people

• January 26, 2015 at 4:28 PM

yes I know but you know they say recently there is no proof but i swear there must be something in it, ther ehas to be right? x

4. January 26, 2015 at 11:21 AM

When I see the full moon, I have a terrible urge to set up my tripod and point my camera at it….well that and the insatiable hunger for human flash… 😉

Liked by 4 people

5. January 26, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Well … I tend to agree with Andy Townend! Nowadays, I can hardly see the full moon, without feeling that urge to set up the tripod.

My mum worked nights in the hospital, so she knew all about the full moon 😀

What Corel programme is it you’re using? Do you shoot your pictures in .RAW format?

• January 26, 2015 at 4:29 PM

oh im using Corel Photoshop X7 and no, not erm tried my new camera yet, yes i know very bad. I am still using my bridge Fuji camera most of the time, I seriously need photography lessons i am very bad with the techy stuff. ;(

6. January 26, 2015 at 3:19 PM

I Love the full moon. I want to just lay in the light of it.

Liked by 3 people

• January 26, 2015 at 4:30 PM

awe what a wonderful thing to say i love that, thank you x

7. January 26, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Those were very well done! I honestly haven’t paid all that much attention to what happens around the full moon in my life except that it’s always easier to see when the cats are close to the house when I’m calling them in for the night.

Liked by 2 people

• January 26, 2015 at 4:34 PM

oooh lal a i wasnt expecting that, what a out of the box take on my question and well I hope your beard is nice and trim now 😀

8. skd
    January 26, 2015 at 3:53 PM

I thought staring at the full moon, basking in its glow, walking hand in hand with the person you love were all romantic things until ……..aaaaaaarghh you brought this spooky angle to it😱😨😈. You have to put up another full moon post now with some different editing for me 😃

Liked by 3 people

9. NotAPunkRocker
    January 26, 2015 at 4:21 PM

The cats act more wound up and everyone seems crankier than usual. The last two times, I had remarked on how everyone seemed to be in a mood of sorts and then was told it was a full moon coming. I didn’t know before then.

• January 26, 2015 at 4:40 PM

ah you see i am sure it effects people, even cats you see 🙂

10. January 26, 2015 at 4:42 PM

Reblogged this on Living in East Sheen and commented:
    Photos of the last full moon in #EastSheen

11. January 26, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Not always but quite often, in the few days leading up to a full moon I’ll notice that I have strange(r) and more vivid dreams.

Liked by 2 people

• January 27, 2015 at 11:24 AM

I think there’s so much nonsense in the fact people say there is nothing in it, how can there not be i think. I love having dreams even better when remembering them 🙂

12. January 26, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Glad to connect with you via Mark Bialcsak, Justine. Lovely photos 😀

When I worked at an in-patient care facility for “emotionally disturbed” children, I’m telling you, the full moon affected them which indirectly affected me. There was more irritation and acting out.

When my children were young, I would sometimes wonder if they were sensitive to the moon as well. There were times when their shenanigans would send me howling coyote-like to the moooooooooon, I just can’t confirm now if the moon was full or not 😉

• January 27, 2015 at 11:26 AM

nice to meet you too and thank you for popping by 🙂

I think there is definitely something in it, i dont know why research keeps telling us it has no effect when it clearly does, very ignorant thought patterns I think that xx

• January 27, 2015 at 2:44 PM

Mysterious and subjective things can be hard to pin down objectively. As for the people I have loved who appear to be affected by the full moon they have tended to be on the sensitive and creative side.

Interesting conversation. Thanks for it!

13. January 26, 2015 at 10:37 PM

I am lunatic 😉

14. January 27, 2015 at 1:00 AM

Anyone who thinks the moon does not impact us has never worked in a zoo, a hospital, a bar, or as a police officer. But you know, I find I’m a bit edgy and prone to insomnia at the full moon, so maybe it’s all in my head 😉

• January 27, 2015 at 11:32 AM

hah i dont think it’s all imagined thats for sure i think it effects us in a big way and some more than others it seems, its odd that with modern science they have not found out whyx

15. January 28, 2015 at 12:23 AM

In my country,there are all sorts of ramblings about the full moon.For instance,you should never take any pills or medicine that will fight worms in your belly,as they might come out of your nose and ears. LOL! (You can supposedly take them at any other time,except when it’s the full moon)

Then,there is a superstition in which nobody believes.If you put some beans on the floor and cover them with a canned cylinder,opened at the bottom,you’ll see,the next morning,a naked man still trying to take everything away.LOL again. 🙂
    This is supposedly how you catch a werewolf.

I also heard somewhere else that people are more likely to make love at full moon and are thus more fertile at that time….

Liked by 2 people

• January 28, 2015 at 12:53 PM

wow your traditions of myths etc are really really weird, they are far out LOL, I have never heard of those hehe. Re the making love, there maybe something more likely in that one but not the other two..lets hope not at least hehe x

• January 29, 2015 at 12:16 PM

A really stunning portrait shot and thank you so much for the shout out x

16. January 29, 2015 at 8:22 AM

I like sleeping in a pitch dark room, so when the moon is nearly full, then I don’t sleep so well. That can lead to cranky behavior.

Also, when I think of moon phases, then I think of the tides. While the moon affects the oceans, surely it is affecting the salty fluid in our bodies.

Do you see what I’m getting at? In other words, of course people act differently around a full moon.

• January 29, 2015 at 12:26 PM

well thats what i think too. But i read up the research and they were waffling on about how the earth is round so the tides are effected, how the body is not round blah blah so it could not have an y effect. The thing is it does have an effect, they quite obviously aren’t doing their job in working it out lol x

17. February 3, 2015 at 6:06 AM

Your pictures turned out so well. I think the second one is my favorite!

• February 3, 2015 at 9:34 AM

thank you and i think we had a full moon last night or it will be tonight it was looking very large when i glanced out ofo the window last night x

• February 3, 2015 at 4:30 PM

I think it is too cloudy for us to even see here…. or certainly not in its full glory state.

• February 3, 2015 at 8:38 PM

ah it should be tonight i think, or was it last night?