Eclectic Corner #6 Story & Photography Prompt

Eclectic Corner #6 Story & Photography Prompt

Fictional Writing & Photography

I love Eclectic Corner (medium)

I love Eclectic Corner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are new to Eclectic Corner & wish to find out a little more about it, please click here

Here is a brief summary:

• Write your post then please create a link on your post to this one – this way it shows in the comments and doubly alerts me and shows others quickly of your participation.
  • Please mention the Eclectic Corner Challenge & use the badge provided above.
  • When you create your tags, please include Eclectic Corner in it, then anyone searching this challenge ‘should’ find your post.
  • Once your post is written, please put the URL in the InLinkz below, this will then display your post on a page with everyone else so that you can all see each others wonderful pieces of work and socialize.
  • Make sure you chat and have fun.
  • The InLinkz will close Friday 20th February 2015

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Firstly I want to say a big thank you to all of you that joined me either by posting or blog hopping and saying hello to everyone that entered

Eclectic Corner #5 Story Prompt – Fictional Writing.

We had 7 entries all in all and nearly all of them made me cry, LOL, I wasn’t expecting that.  Some made me laugh and all were excellent.  The InLinkz page is still open with everyone’s pieces, if you have not popped by yet to read up on them please do it is well worth it, here is the page:  InLinkz Eclectic Corner #5

Some of you I know were nervous about writing and I was really touched at the pieces that came through.  Some of you found that the prompt spurred you to write something non-fictional as it was prevalent ‘right here, right now’.  Those ones really made me cry and as such I am very touched by all the words and opening up of vulnerability and love that we have for our four legged friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is happening this week?

This week I am providing a snippet of a fictional story.  I have given lots of  loose detail which will hopefully be fun to work with, and purposely missed out details that would effectively determine too much of the story.

I would like to invite you to do one or two things, they are:-

1. To take a photograph that to  you encompasses something about what you have just read, a depiction of a part or all of the story.  If you could then write a little bit about how the photo links to the text, what it means to you.
  2. I would like you to continue the story, there is no length limit on the text, I leave it up to your imagination, can be one short sentence or a novel – LOL.  I would love to see how someone might finish this off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Story & Photography Prompt

The easel stood proudly before her, placed exactly where the artist’s eye would get the best view.  The empty canvass would have wriggled in excitement if it could, waiting for just one splash of colour to take away its starkness.

The woman rested back a moment in her chair.  The garden ahead gave its own glorious canvass of colour as the forest and fields behind created a nice backdrop, a small sigh escaped recently moisturised lips.

Mossy green eyes now took a leisurely look upon the multitude of squeezed tubes, brushes and array of artist’s tools, her slender pale fingers twitching, eager to start.  There was just the twitter of birds interrupted by the snore of a lazy house dog as the cat meandered back and forth between her legs.

The sun peeked its rays through the haze of branches, splintering in to more rays to dust upon the petals and grass, a smile creasing upon her lips as the warmth radiated through clement veins.  A splash of gold and russet found itself being placed upon the canvass, the emerging of what, she was not sure at this precise time, her art always morphing as the day went on.

Resting a moment after a few brushstrokes the wooden handle found itself twiddling and twisting between fingers like a baton, the clouds making an eager appearance nudging against the toasty rays,  drowning them out.

Saturated greenery suddenly became lacklustre as a shiver ran down her spine, the hairs of the brush now coated in darker and deeper shades, sweeping across  now wetter and more colourful canvas.

There was a tussle and a ruffle as the sun fought its way back, today was going to be one of those days.  Resting back in to her chair lids closed a moment, distractions always trying to pry her away from intended task as the warmth kissed her lips.

Memories floating back to that bar, the hustle and bustle of urban life, the opposite of her now rural existence.  That kiss, so different to the kiss of sunshine, that kiss that tasted of whisky and cigars, the stubble burning her skin as she gasped, surprising herself at the memory, it invoking tingles to rage through her body, goosebumps erupting everywhere.

Breathing in deeply, she resisted the necessity to open her eyes, enjoying the memory, though it had faded, another sigh, this one of disappointment.  Sadness swept through her veins, lashes lifting to survey rural surroundings once more.

A jolt went through her body at the crude sharp sound of a trilling bell, the phone, it obliterating any vestiges of memory, any moment of calm as she lifted up to go and answer it…..

© Justine Nagaur Eclecticoddsnsods.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you could please copy/paste the text I have written in to your post that you will use, then your photograph and or end of story, making a clear distinction between where mine ends and your’s starts, so others can find it easily, that would be wonderful, thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for joining in the fun!

If you click the link below it will take you to the InLinkz page where you can either enter your own entry or in fact you can just browse through everyone elses, blog hop and have fun, that’s the idea. ;-D

Click below to join the fun!

51 comments for “Eclectic Corner #6 Story & Photography Prompt

1. February 10, 2015 at 5:33 AM

This is a great prompt. I may have a couple story ideas floating about for it!

2. skd
    February 10, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Hey justine!! The only photography I know is the food one. I am not sure if i can link up. 🙂

• February 10, 2015 at 12:47 PM

I suppose you could go really out of the box? grins..but if you can photograph food you can photograph anything hehe, go on..you can do it..grinzz xx

• skd
        February 10, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Haha 😀I never thought of that. Thanks for waking the photographer in me.

3. NotAPunkRocker
    February 10, 2015 at 4:33 PM

Oh, I think I missed that there was an inlinkz thing for the last prompt.

This one is intriguing…hmmm….

• February 11, 2015 at 4:39 PM

hah dont worry it would be great if you come to join this time 🙂

• February 11, 2015 at 4:42 PM

love this, what a great twist taht i was certainly not expecting and you fitted it in amongst moving too i am seriously impressed lol x

4. February 10, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Wasn’t sure I’d be able to do it this week, but then I did. Because it was fun and my mind fixated on it and wouldn’t move to anything else. I hope you enjoy it!

5. February 10, 2015 at 11:07 PM

I am going to join in, Justine! Interesting prompt. Way to stir us up.

6. February 11, 2015 at 2:41 AM

A really great story. loved this one very much.

• February 11, 2015 at 4:47 PM

awe i am really glad you liked, will you be able to join in? 😀

• February 11, 2015 at 6:36 PM

I don’t know. A vague maybe for the future as I’ve written before that, I AM NOT A WRITER. I merely dispense information on my blog. But I enjoy reading other bloggers stories. There are many talented bloggers that could very well write a book. And of course some already have book/s in the offering. I admire those folks very much.

• February 14, 2015 at 12:46 PM

ah apologies i didn’t realize you didn’t write, i thought you were just not writing now 🙂 Glad you enjoyed the post x

• February 14, 2015 at 9:06 PM

To clarify that, I actually write all the info from personal experiences and research. But I still do not consider myself a writer. I’ve written some true stories of some cats and dogs that were pretty good.Just because someone writes things on the internet does not make one a writer. If one actually makes a living from writing or has a huge following because people like how one person writes then I’d call that blogger a writer.

If you want to see the stories that I’ve written then look in the category section of “The Vet’s Pets.” When I’m feeling fit again, I intend to redo those stories as they were written in haste. Those stories need to be “jazzed up.” 🙂

In case you want to find the categories you must scroll all the way down to the bottom of my blog.

7. February 11, 2015 at 10:38 AM

An interesting concept. But I would rather keep my posts on my own blog site.

All the best.

Shakti

• February 11, 2015 at 4:49 PM

oh you do keep your posts on your own blog site 🙂 There is just the addition of adding them to the inlink page to get a bigger readership and so people can blog hop, it’s just your URL, your post still stays on your blog and people get directed to your blog. Have a lovely day x

8. February 11, 2015 at 4:02 PM

Excellent, another great challenge, I will be back…

9. February 12, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Working on my response now. There will be lamb involved.

10. February 12, 2015 at 8:13 PM
  11. February 15, 2015 at 12:12 AM
    • February 15, 2015 at 6:36 PM

just read this and love it, a fun story and one that took me back a few years which i am always grateful for lol can always kinda do with that stuff. Now tell me this bar you frequented it alot? hehe xx ps thank you so much for joining in , really appreciate it x

12. February 15, 2015 at 1:54 PM

OK, I figured it out and put my link on InLinkz. Thanks, Justine! Wonderful fun.

13. February 15, 2015 at 2:55 PM

Now that I’m back to blogging on a regular basis, I can see what you’re up to. This is wonderful Justine! XO

• February 15, 2015 at 6:29 PM

awe thank you will you come an djoin me perhaps? x

• February 16, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Yes I will! 😉

• February 16, 2015 at 6:18 PM

oooh la la i am excited, it is my tea time event tomorrow (tuesday), do come and have some fun, bring anything for tea, even a photo of a coffee mug and I know how super you are at photographing those lol….looks at your Instagram x

• February 16, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Oh you know me to well! My thing is coffee mug shots…lol I’m no longer on IG. Got to time consuming and I’m leaving in a few days to travel. Blogging is all I have time for anymore…sigh

• February 17, 2015 at 10:20 AM

oh wow, you had so many followers. But you know it will end up getting time consuming blogging as you always end up with so many followers here too hehe..but hopefully you wont disappear again x Joining my tea post today? x

• February 17, 2015 at 2:28 PM

Yes I did and that was part of the problem..lol It seems I cant escape it no matter what I do in social media. I only blog twice a week. I’ll do my best to join in your party today.

• February 17, 2015 at 3:06 PM

awe thank you that would be lovely. I notice you don’t have comments or likes on your posts, I guess that will keep the workload a way down and I myself will be really interested to see how that morphs over time…grinzzz…whats the betting you still get loads of followers because you have that midas touch xx

• February 17, 2015 at 3:47 PM

I have comments and posts on my blog. Although they do disappear after 5 days…LOL I’m not here to collect followers, I just enjoy writing and blogging and luckily for me, I travel a lot so I’m not online 24/7. XO

• February 17, 2015 at 3:59 PM

ah yes i know your not, but you do seem to get them. I dont know why i dont see comments etc on yourpost, really odd or i would have commented by now, right going back to take a look again x

• February 15, 2015 at 6:30 PM

and yay so glad your back 😀 woot woot